Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Indiana Jones and the heap of old junk

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:31 AM

user posted image rThe 12 surviving Aztec crystal skulls are cherished by museums, revered by New-Age writers, and have a starring role in Harrison Ford's new movie. There's just one problem: they are fakes, say French experts. A drastic title change may be needed for the much-awaited, new Indiana Jones movie, which comes out next month.

Harrison Ford's comeback as Steven Spielberg's swashbuckling, fedora-wearing archaeologist is to be called Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Independent

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    EdgyWizard

EdgyWizard

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 21 posts

• Nunc id vides, Nunc ne Vides

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:56 AM

For goodness sakes! It's a fantasy movie not a doccumentary!
And in any case how can you be an "Expert" in something that has it's origins shrouded in mystery?
some people should get a life...

Supernatural entertainment for private parties and corporate events
www.unbelievableevenings.co.uk

#3    goalienan

goalienan

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,166 posts

• you can't scare me...I have grandchildren..

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:23 AM

Now who would possibly think that the producers would use or even ask to use any of the 12 authentic skulls...I love the story about the crystal skulls, but come on........ rolleyes.gif

#4    Ghost Ship

Ghost Ship

an invisible dream

• 2,964 posts

• I have no idea where this will lead us. But I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.

Posted 23 April 2008 - 11:55 AM

This is just wrong. Not a good article to post.

As well there is a bit of a phenominon going on these days. Some people out there are blending reality with movie reality. This is a real problom in my opinion. Look how those activists reacted to Keith legers death and he was just an actor in Brokeback Mountain. They even protested at his funeral.

It was just a movie

#5    Silmarillion

Silmarillion

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

• ho de anexetastos bios ou biotos anthropo ...Plato
    My translation: For completeness, the man must examine his life.

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:08 PM

Catchy title: Indiana Jones and the heap of old junk
When is it coming out?

If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you... Saying 70 from the Gospel of Thomas

#6    Wookietim

Wookietim

Alien Abducter

• 4,908 posts

• Search on the Android App Store for "Mothras Unexplained Mysteries" for the app I am very proud of...

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:25 PM

goalienan on Apr 23 2008, 06:23 AM, said:

Now who would possibly think that the producers would use or even ask to use any of the 12 authentic skulls...I love the story about the crystal skulls, but come on........ rolleyes.gif

Actually the article is talking about the original skulls - not the ones used in the movie.... It helps to actually read the article sometimes before posting...

#7    lenin

lenin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:32 PM

intresting......vary intresting......

#8    goalienan

goalienan

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,166 posts

• you can't scare me...I have grandchildren..

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:39 PM

Wookietim on Apr 23 2008, 01:25 PM, said:

Actually the article is talking about the original skulls - not the ones used in the movie.... It helps to actually read the article sometimes before posting...

Thank you Mr.Know it all...my post said why would they even think of using the original skulls...I'm sure most people would know the ones in the movie were fake....Don't try to read between the lines.....Oh by the way I did read the entire link...that's why I mentioned how interesting a story the crystal skulls are......

Edited by goalienan, 23 April 2008 - 12:40 PM.

#9    THAT GUY

THAT GUY

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:07 PM

Indiana JOnes and the Heap of Old Junk...that has so many possibilities they must make the movie!

HANSEL: So I'm repelling down Mount Vesuvius when suddenly I slip, and I start to fall. Just falling, ahh ahh, I'll never forget the terror. When suddenly I realize "Holy ****, Hansel, haven't you been smoking Peyote for six straight days, and couldn't some of this maybe be in your head?"

DEREK: And?

HANSEL: And it was. I was totally fine. I've never even been to Mount Vesuvius.

#10    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,186 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 23 April 2008 - 05:46 PM

I have heard/read that several of these crystal skulls have been proven fakes. But, how can the French call them all fakes? I highly doubt the French experts in question have examined them all. Very few people have seen or examined even most of these skulls.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#11    louie

louie

Alien Abducter

• 4,844 posts

• The greatest sceptics are normally the biggest sheep. Anon

Posted 23 April 2008 - 06:10 PM

DieChecker on Apr 23 2008, 10:46 PM, said:

I have heard/read that several of these crystal skulls have been proven fakes. But, how can the French call them all fakes? I highly doubt the French experts in question have examined them all. Very few people have seen or examined even most of these skulls.

The one in the British museum has been examined by them an they say it was made around around cant rember wich  century 14th or 16th. in europe.
Ive seen it, its beautiful. whoever made it.

www.tmblive.com
If you dont know what it is, it must be art.

#12    Plainbob13

Plainbob13

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,700 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 06:10 PM

Look who called them all fake, the french. That in its self says all that needs saying.

#13    Moon Demon

Moon Demon

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:18 PM

I thought I had read it was proven the skulls were fake. They were supposedly manufactured in Europe last centuy (the 1900's)

Plainbob13 on Apr 23 2008, 06:10 PM, said:

Look who called them all fake, the french. That in its self says all that needs saying.

Can you explain that rationale?

The best way to hide is to blend in

#14    TeraLink

TeraLink

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

• Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up & kills! The people it kills get up & kill!

Posted 24 April 2008 - 12:19 AM

Blah. Way to debunk one of the few remaining legends. It was good for a while, though, I guess.

TeraLink Was Here!

Music's the only thing that makes sense anymore. Play it loud enough, it keeps the demons at bay.

#15    BaneSilvermoon

BaneSilvermoon

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

• "You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into."

Posted 24 April 2008 - 06:25 AM

I thought they killed this one years ago. Yet here it is again.

http://www.youtube.c.../BaneSIlvermoon

"Psychic Fayre cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances"  ~Thanks Oppono Astos!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users