Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

[Merged[ Penis theft panic hits African city

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1    Plainbob13

Plainbob13

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,700 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 05:22 AM

This is too funny.

Lynchings in Congo as penis theft panic hits capital

KINSHASA (Reuters) - Police in Congo have arrested 13 suspected sorcerers accused of using black magic to steal or shrink men's penises after a wave of panic and attempted lynchings triggered by the alleged witchcraft.

Reports of so-called penis snatching are not uncommon in West Africa, where belief in traditional religions and witchcraft remains widespread, and where ritual killings to obtain blood or body parts still occur.

Rumours of penis theft began circulating last week in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo's sprawling capital of some 8 million inhabitants. They quickly dominated radio call-in shows, with listeners advised to beware of fellow passengers in communal taxis wearing gold rings.

Purported victims, 14 of whom were also detained by police, claimed that sorcerers simply touched them to make their genitals shrink or disappear, in what some residents said was an attempt to extort cash with the promise of a cure.

"You just have to be accused of that, and people come after you. We've had a number of attempted lynchings. ... You see them covered in marks after being beaten," Kinshasa's police chief, Jean-Dieudonne Oleko, told Reuters on Tuesday.

Police arrested the accused sorcerers and their victims in an effort to avoid the sort of bloodshed seen in Ghana a decade ago, when 12 suspected penis snatchers were beaten to death by angry mobs. The 27 men have since been released.

"I'm tempted to say it's one huge joke," Oleko said.

"But when you try to tell the victims that their penises are still there, they tell you that it's become tiny or that they've become impotent. To that I tell them, 'How do you know if you haven't gone home and tried it'," he said.

Some Kinshasa residents accuse a separatist sect from nearby Bas-Congo province of being behind the witchcraft in revenge for a recent government crackdown on its members.

"It's real. Just yesterday here, there was a man who was a victim. We saw. What was left was tiny," said 29-year-old Alain Kalala, who sells phone credits near a Kinshasa police station.

#2    capoeiranger

capoeiranger

The Self-Proclaimed Genius

• 2,437 posts

• Thou shall not...what was that again?

Posted 24 April 2008 - 05:35 AM

It happens here too, it is said that the shamans in Borneo island are powerful enough to remove your penis or replace it somewhere else on your body if you're doing bad things like kill or rape people etc.

Imagine if they replaced it to your nose grin2.gif !

Posted Image
The Official Signature Of The Self-Proclaimed Genius

#3    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,151 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 24 April 2008 - 04:12 PM

Removed the last post, lets keep the comments clean and free of explicit jokes or remarks please.

Thank you.

#4    muddpuppy

muddpuppy

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

• The search for enlightenment is a long winding road.

Posted 24 April 2008 - 04:15 PM

OMG You have GOT to be kidding me!!!! Is this real?? I've heard of stupid off the wall superstitions but, WOW penis theft! Really? huh.gif

Edited by muddpuppy, 24 April 2008 - 04:16 PM.

I only express my personal opinions and have no evidence to back my claims or statements.
WARNING POST A SILLY TOPIC EXPECT A SILLY POST!!

#5    crtDzyn

crtDzyn

Bills Sabres Buffalo

• 4,222 posts

• Get to da choppa

Posted 24 April 2008 - 04:18 PM

They'll get ya where it hurts!  Not the wallet in this case, eh?

Posted Image

#6    Bear's Quest

Bear's Quest

Poltergeist

• 2,770 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 04:58 PM

Plainbob13 on Apr 24 2008, 05:22 AM, said:

This is too funny.

Lynchings in Congo as penis theft panic hits capital

KINSHASA (Reuters) - Police in Congo have arrested 13 suspected sorcerers accused of using black magic to steal or shrink men's penises after a wave of panic and attempted lynchings triggered by the alleged witchcraft.

Reports of so-called penis snatching are not uncommon in West Africa, where belief in traditional religions and witchcraft remains widespread, and where ritual killings to obtain blood or body parts still occur.

Rumours of penis theft began circulating last week in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo's sprawling capital of some 8 million inhabitants. They quickly dominated radio call-in shows, with listeners advised to beware of fellow passengers in communal taxis wearing gold rings.

Purported victims, 14 of whom were also detained by police, claimed that sorcerers simply touched them to make their genitals shrink or disappear, in what some residents said was an attempt to extort cash with the promise of a cure.

"You just have to be accused of that, and people come after you. We've had a number of attempted lynchings. ... You see them covered in marks after being beaten," Kinshasa's police chief, Jean-Dieudonne Oleko, told Reuters on Tuesday.

Police arrested the accused sorcerers and their victims in an effort to avoid the sort of bloodshed seen in Ghana a decade ago, when 12 suspected penis snatchers were beaten to death by angry mobs. The 27 men have since been released.

"I'm tempted to say it's one huge joke," Oleko said.

"But when you try to tell the victims that their penises are still there, they tell you that it's become tiny or that they've become impotent. To that I tell them, 'How do you know if you haven't gone home and tried it'," he said. laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

Some Kinshasa residents accuse a separatist sect from nearby Bas-Congo province of being behind the witchcraft in revenge for a recent government crackdown on its members.

"It's real. Just yesterday here, there was a man who was a victim. We saw. What was left was tiny," said 29-year-old Alain Kalala, who sells phone credits near a Kinshasa police station.

#7    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

• As darkness falls, night unfolds ebony wings to wrap the world in it's dark embrace.

Posted 24 April 2008 - 06:26 PM

*winces* crying.gif Backwards savages... That's just so wrong. no.gif

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." ~Philip K. Dick

"Passion, peace. Strength, knowledge. Power, serenity. Victory, harmony. Freedom, the Force." ~Ashara Zavros

#8    Jaguat

Jaguat

Freak unleashed! So beware........

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts

• Time gives a wise man something to use and a fool something to waste. mjw

Posted 24 April 2008 - 06:33 PM

Mu hu wawahahaha!

What a wierd extortion tactic!

Never let the flame inside you die. MJW

#9    Finsup22

Finsup22

Indecision may or may not be my problem.

• 2,448 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 06:34 PM

"I'm tempted to say it's one huge joke,"

sound like a little joke  ph34r.gif

#10    chemical-licker

chemical-licker

Omnipotent Entity

• Banned
  • 9,647 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 06:35 PM

closes legs a little more tightly unsure.gif

#11    Ignus Fatuus

Ignus Fatuus

Poltergeist

• 2,678 posts

• Republicans and Democrats and Satan oh my!!!

Posted 24 April 2008 - 06:50 PM

voodoo and it's head shrinking...or insecurity and it's whine making.

#12    Bella-Angelique

Bella-Angelique

Caprica Six Cylon

• 7,174 posts

• There is more to learn

Posted 24 April 2008 - 06:52 PM

Send Him In As Ambassador!
This just might be the secret to world peace.

linked-image

Edited by Bella-Angelique, 24 April 2008 - 06:54 PM.

Posted Image

#13    Finsup22

Finsup22

Indecision may or may not be my problem.

• 2,448 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 06:56 PM

Bella-Angelique on Apr 24 2008, 01:52 PM, said:

Send Him In As Ambassador!
This just might be the secret to world peace.

linked-image

laugh.gif   Bob.

#14    Mr Honeybadger

Mr Honeybadger

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,838 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 07:02 PM

Those sorcers like to hang out at the beach. Because whenever I go swimming... they work their magic.

#15    Ignus Fatuus

Ignus Fatuus

Poltergeist

• 2,678 posts

• Republicans and Democrats and Satan oh my!!!

Posted 24 April 2008 - 07:08 PM

Finsup22 on Apr 24 2008, 02:56 PM, said:

laugh.gif   Bob.

I really, really did not need to see Bob again.  I swear to Satan himself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users