Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Skeptic Challenge II

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#1    Tannenisis

Tannenisis

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 267 posts

• Life is short. Live well, play hard, stand tall, rock the boat, know thyself and to hell with all the consequences.

Posted 25 April 2008 - 01:16 PM

Hello all. Back in the fall I issued a Skeptic Challenge, offering to read people in thread without any background information save what was listed on the screen. From the response here, the thread was quite popular. However, I did experience a kind of of sensory "overload" during this process. I read about thirty people within a one week period, which is more than I have ever done before and the most I've ever done over the Internet. I tried something new and we laughed along the way. I considered it a wonderful experience.

To avoid those side effects. I propose this:

I am looking for three people who wish to be read. I will read and post what I "see" this evening in thread unless I feel it is too personal. In that case, I will PM the person. Once these three are read, then I will determine if I am able to do more.

Last go round I said that if I was no good, then the skeptics here could change my avatar to whatever they saw fit. I will stand by that same offer. I am not here stating that I am never wrong or that I am infallible. I am merely trying to expand my own consciousness and testing the boundaries. Blessings to all of you.

Let us begin!
Tannenisis

#2    WiCkEdWENDIGO

WiCkEdWENDIGO

Lil Pet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• mmmmmmmmmmmmmm cow

Posted 25 April 2008 - 01:18 PM

Tannenisis on Apr 25 2008, 08:16 AM, said:

Hello all. Back in the fall I issued a Skeptic Challenge, offering to read people in thread without any background information save what was listed on the screen. From the response here, the thread was quite popular. However, I did experience a kind of of sensory "overload" during this process. I read about thirty people within a one week period, which is more than I have ever done before and the most I've ever done over the Internet. I tried something new and we laughed along the way. I considered it a wonderful experience.

To avoid those side effects. I propose this:

I am looking for three people who wish to be read. I will read and post what I "see" this evening in thread unless I feel it is too personal. In that case, I will PM the person. Once these three are read, then I will determine if I am able to do more.

Last go round I said that if I was no good, then the skeptics here could change my avatar to whatever they saw fit. I will stand by that same offer. I am not here stating that I am never wrong or that I am infallible. I am merely trying to expand my own consciousness and testing the boundaries. Blessings to all of you.

Let us begin!
Tannenisis

ok? im in

i made u a cookie but i eated it

#3    1.618

Poltergeist

• 2,543 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 01:21 PM

Yeah, read me if you dare;)

#4    WiCkEdWENDIGO

WiCkEdWENDIGO

Lil Pet

• 1,216 posts

• mmmmmmmmmmmmmm cow

Posted 25 April 2008 - 01:24 PM

mr nobody on Apr 25 2008, 08:21 AM, said:

Yeah, read me if you dare;)

lol wow yeah she would become nutz if she tried to read u

#5    muddpuppy

muddpuppy

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

• The search for enlightenment is a long winding road.

Posted 25 April 2008 - 01:33 PM

You may "read" me as well...There is your three, read us, am eager to read your findings original.gif
P.S. I like your avatar, hope you dont have to change it original.gif

Edited by muddpuppy, 25 April 2008 - 01:34 PM.

I only express my personal opinions and have no evidence to back my claims or statements.
WARNING POST A SILLY TOPIC EXPECT A SILLY POST!!

#6    WiCkEdWENDIGO

WiCkEdWENDIGO

Lil Pet

• 1,216 posts

• mmmmmmmmmmmmmm cow

Posted 25 April 2008 - 01:37 PM

muddpuppy on Apr 25 2008, 08:33 AM, said:

You may "read" me as well...There is your three, read us, am eager to read your findings original.gif

lol

#7    Sporkling

Sporkling

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,841 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 01:56 PM

Good luck reader. I do not fancy reading over the internet. By the way, how to get started in reading people. Any tips?

#8    bigwedgie

bigwedgie

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 147 posts

• our guided missiles are under the command of misguided men

Posted 25 April 2008 - 02:06 PM

Pick me ! Pick me !! .... I hope I am not too late  bounce.gif

Everyone who believes in telekenesis please raise my hand

#9    BurnSide

BurnSide

Through the Looking Glass

• 25,390 posts

• “Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you.”

Posted 25 April 2008 - 02:44 PM

I'm skeptical. But I used to be an extremely prominant skeptic on the board, and i've now come to the conclusion my mind was more closed because of this, and have since opened it a little. There are things happening in this world that many don't understand, so who knows, i'm ready to be proven wrong.
Feel free. original.gif

#10    Sporkling

Sporkling

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,841 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 02:45 PM

Ok this is redundant. *EDIT*

Edited by Sporkling, 25 April 2008 - 02:47 PM.

#11    Tannenisis

Tannenisis

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 267 posts

• Life is short. Live well, play hard, stand tall, rock the boat, know thyself and to hell with all the consequences.

Posted 25 April 2008 - 03:05 PM

muddpuppy on Apr 25 2008, 09:33 AM, said:

I will post the readings later on this evening. Thank you for the opportunity and your willingness to participate.

#12    muddpuppy

muddpuppy

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

• The search for enlightenment is a long winding road.

Posted 25 April 2008 - 03:07 PM

Absolutely and I cannot wait to read your findings original.gif If you need more info from me, just PM me and I will give ya what ya need original.gif

I only express my personal opinions and have no evidence to back my claims or statements.
WARNING POST A SILLY TOPIC EXPECT A SILLY POST!!

#13    Dredimus

Dredimus

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 03:14 PM

Im NEXT!!! lol.

#14    Tannenisis

Tannenisis

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 03:15 PM

Sporkling on Apr 25 2008, 09:56 AM, said:

Good luck reader. I do not fancy reading over the internet. By the way, how to get started in reading people. Any tips?

I do not know offhand how one "gets started" if you've never had some sort of inclination towards sensing things. But Tarot or runes are good to start off getting oneself familiar with your subconscious mind and the images it gravitates towards. But in order to read others, you must also be able to read/sense yourself and know the difference between your own feelings/impulses and other people's. Before attempting to read anyone through any of these methods, you must first do some sort of protection around yourself, depending on which faith or any that you have. Call on your guardian angels, the universe, God, Christ and any other imagery that makes you feel protected. For the atheist one can image oneself surrounded by a field of white or blue light, for example, that blocks out negativity. Only begin a reading when you feel calm and at ease. If you are not centered, do not read for yourself or for others. And lastly, remember to have a sense of humor. The universe certainly does; there isn't a human alive that hasn't been wrong or fallible. Believing one to be immune to this or some sort of self-proclaimed master of psychic arts invites the inevitable downfall. Humility and laughter embellish the path.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Tannenisis, 25 April 2008 - 03:16 PM.

#15    Sporkling

Sporkling

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,841 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 03:19 PM

Tannenisis on Apr 25 2008, 11:15 PM, said:

I do not know offhand how one "gets started" if you've never had some sort of inclination towards sensing things. But Tarot or runes are good to start off getting oneself familiar with your subconscious mind and the images it gravitates towards. But in order to read others, you must also be able to read/sense yourself and know the difference between your own feelings/impulses and other people's. Before attempting to read anyone through any of these methods, you must first do some sort of protection around yourself, depending on which faith or any that you have. Call on your guardian angels, the universe, God, Christ and any other imagery that makes you feel protected. For the atheist one can image oneself surrounded by a field of white or blue light, for example, that blocks out negativity. Only begin a reading when you feel calm and at ease. If you are not centered, do not read for yourself or for others. And lastly, remember to have a sense of humor. The universe certainly does; there isn't a human alive that hasn't been wrong or fallible. Believing one to be immune to this or some sort of self-proclaimed master of psychic arts invites the inevitable downfall. Humility and laughter embellish the path.

Hope that helps.

Yes reader. It helps a lot. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users