Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Skeptic Challenge II

Tannenisis

Hello all. Back in the fall I issued a Skeptic Challenge, offering to read people in thread without any background information save what was listed on the screen. From the response here, the thread was quite popular. However, I did experience a kind of of sensory "overload" during this process. I read about thirty people within a one week period, which is more than I have ever done before and the most I've ever done over the Internet. I tried something new and we laughed along the way. I considered it a wonderful experience.

To avoid those side effects. I propose this:

I am looking for three people who wish to be read. I will read and post what I "see" this evening in thread unless I feel it is too personal. In that case, I will PM the person. Once these three are read, then I will determine if I am able to do more.

Last go round I said that if I was no good, then the skeptics here could change my avatar to whatever they saw fit. I will stand by that same offer. I am not here stating that I am never wrong or that I am infallible. I am merely trying to expand my own consciousness and testing the boundaries. Blessings to all of you.

Let us begin!

Tannenisis

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tannenisis

• Sporkling

• Darkflame

• WiCkEdWENDIGO

Hello all. Back in the fall I issued a Skeptic Challenge, offering to read people in thread without any background information save what was listed on the screen. From the response here, the thread was quite popular. However, I did experience a kind of of sensory "overload" during this process. I read about thirty people within a one week period, which is more than I have ever done before and the most I've ever done over the Internet. I tried something new and we laughed along the way. I considered it a wonderful experience.

To avoid those side effects. I propose this:

I am looking for three people who wish to be read. I will read and post what I "see" this evening in thread unless I feel it is too personal. In that case, I will PM the person. Once these three are read, then I will determine if I am able to do more.

Last go round I said that if I was no good, then the skeptics here could change my avatar to whatever they saw fit. I will stand by that same offer. I am not here stating that I am never wrong or that I am infallible. I am merely trying to expand my own consciousness and testing the boundaries. Blessings to all of you.

Let us begin!

Tannenisis

ok? im in

Yeah, read me if you dare;)

lol wow yeah she would become nutz if she tried to read u

You may "read" me as well...There is your three, read us, am eager to read your findings :)

P.S. I like your avatar, hope you dont have to change it :)

Edited by muddpuppy

You may "read" me as well...There is your three, read us, am eager to read your findings :)

lol

Good luck reader. I do not fancy reading over the internet. By the way, how to get started in reading people. Any tips?

Pick me ! Pick me !! .... I hope I am not too late :sk

I'm skeptical. But I used to be an extremely prominant skeptic on the board, and i've now come to the conclusion my mind was more closed because of this, and have since opened it a little. There are things happening in this world that many don't understand, so who knows, i'm ready to be proven wrong.

Feel free. :)

I will post the readings later on this evening. Thank you for the opportunity and your willingness to participate.

Absolutely and I cannot wait to read your findings :) If you need more info from me, just PM me and I will give ya what ya need :)

Good luck reader. I do not fancy reading over the internet. By the way, how to get started in reading people. Any tips?

I do not know offhand how one "gets started" if you've never had some sort of inclination towards sensing things. But Tarot or runes are good to start off getting oneself familiar with your subconscious mind and the images it gravitates towards. But in order to read others, you must also be able to read/sense yourself and know the difference between your own feelings/impulses and other people's. Before attempting to read anyone through any of these methods, you must first do some sort of protection around yourself, depending on which faith or any that you have. Call on your guardian angels, the universe, God, Christ and any other imagery that makes you feel protected. For the atheist one can image oneself surrounded by a field of white or blue light, for example, that blocks out negativity. Only begin a reading when you feel calm and at ease. If you are not centered, do not read for yourself or for others. And lastly, remember to have a sense of humor. The universe certainly does; there isn't a human alive that hasn't been wrong or fallible. Believing one to be immune to this or some sort of self-proclaimed master of psychic arts invites the inevitable downfall. Humility and laughter embellish the path.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Tannenisis

I do not know offhand how one "gets started" if you've never had some sort of inclination towards sensing things. But Tarot or runes are good to start off getting oneself familiar with your subconscious mind and the images it gravitates towards. But in order to read others, you must also be able to read/sense yourself and know the difference between your own feelings/impulses and other people's. Before attempting to read anyone through any of these methods, you must first do some sort of protection around yourself, depending on which faith or any that you have. Call on your guardian angels, the universe, God, Christ and any other imagery that makes you feel protected. For the atheist one can image oneself surrounded by a field of white or blue light, for example, that blocks out negativity. Only begin a reading when you feel calm and at ease. If you are not centered, do not read for yourself or for others. And lastly, remember to have a sense of humor. The universe certainly does; there isn't a human alive that hasn't been wrong or fallible. Believing one to be immune to this or some sort of self-proclaimed master of psychic arts invites the inevitable downfall. Humility and laughter embellish the path.

Hope that helps.

Yes reader. It helps a lot. Thanks

If you still need people, I'd be willing. I'm pretty much a skeptic when it comes to psychics.

I'm skeptical. But I used to be an extremely prominant skeptic on the board, and i've now come to the conclusion my mind was more closed because of this, and have since opened it a little. There are things happening in this world that many don't understand, so who knows, i'm ready to be proven wrong.

Hello, Burnside. Skepticism is a healthy mechanism. Only when it is utilized to shut out what is necessary does it become a hinderance. Unlike many here, I have a unique perspective on both skeptics and athetists. My husband is both of these things. There is no more vocal critic than one's own spouse. And his observations have done much to enlighten me to my own pitfalls and vice versa. I believe that we go through these things in order to progress to the next level on our paths. I hope your path proves bountiful, true and enjoyable.

And as an aside, I've never been one to weep alone. All too often, others weep with me. It is the laughing that I have to struggle with.

Edited by Tannenisis

ok? im in

I sense that a long-held wish you had did not come to you. Because it didn't, the world seems as if it is trying to sabotage all you've set in motion. This is not the case. You recently lingered too long in a difficult situation that has to do with affairs of the heart. I see a man, not old, rather young looking, but I am unsure as to whether this person is a love interest or merely a friend. Your dissatisfaction with this situation bled into other areas of your life, particularly regarding studies. I see you as energetic and quick of thought, but you've been trapped so long by your own feelings of inadequacy that you can't take the actions you wish to take. Instead, you cage yourself in with your emotions and forget that even rainy days quench the earth with much needed water: you are beginning to see that this is true. The lessons you are learning are important; they seek to help you balance yourself. This balance is vital because you aren't protecting yourself very well at all; your defenses are up for the wrong reasons and down in others that are vital. I also sense a trip that you will take being delayed. Take heart; what you seek will come to you if you only stop blocking yourself with doubt.

I hope these words find you in good health and spirits. Blessings to you. And whether I am right or wrong, thank you for the opportunity to learn.

Yeah, read me if you dare;)

You are a psychic mirror. You reflect back to the reader their own image rather than revealing your own. Because I can see nothing of you, only myself.

In this way you are a chameleon, appearing in any manner that the person observing you expects to see. This is a great gift to have armor like this for no one need ever know what lies inside the mantle. However, there lies a danger in allowing your mantle to become your fortress. So I must ask: does anyone see the real you? And if the answer is yes, then you should cherish that individual because they are the lifeline that you will rely on with your shield wears too much on you.

I will stop the readings until tomorrow evening. One can only stare so long at their own reflection before they become unsettled or worse.

But thank you, Mr. Nobody, for humbling me with the lesson of your gift.

May these words find you in good health and spirits. I wish you blessings on your path.

Edited by Tannenisis

Your life is in a period of abundance, whether it manifests itself as sensuality or accumulation of material desires. In the recent past, you had a ove situation that made you realize that relationships are what you make them, not what you imagine them to be.It also stripped you of some of your personal power. Currently there is a lack of communication in an area of your life that makes you feel unsure of yourself. There are difficult people who are not supportive of who you are. These people are hurdles only; you can advance on your path by not listening to their conflicting messages but by believing in yourself. It will be hard because the barbs they toss strike right at the root of your insecurities. Overall I feel that the area you need to work on most is listening to your emotive/intuitive side. It is quite easy to get tangled up in thoughts. Do not let your doubts halt the progress that you know is occurring right now. Go with it, stop being defensive and breathe.

May these words find you in good health and spirits. Blessings on your path and whether I am right or wrong, thank you for the opportunity to learn.

Pick me ! Pick me !! .... I hope I am not too late :sk

I see a lack of focus and a general disappointment with home life. I see a young woman in your recent past who was full of vitality and energy, a zest for life flowed through every word. Yet what you imagined did not come to pass; it remained only in the beginning stages of what could have been. I see you as a dynamic person with the ability to bring your ideas into reality. Now you are facing a radical change in your life that requires patience and decisiveness on your part. You fear that you will fail at this task and not be successful. However, you have fortune on your side if you can just remember that you have the gifts necessary to bring about the outcome you desire. Most of all, you require a period of contemplation. With so many changes, brought about with your dissatisfaction with your life, introspection is needed. Do not pay attention to the calls from friends and relatives that will only distract you from focusing. The light is on your side. All you have to do is be aware that you have it. The light you saw in that woman was only what you yourself possess.

I hope these words find you in good health and spirits. Blessings on your path. And whether I am right or wrong, than you for the opportunity to learn.

You are a person with many aspects of abundance in your life. Yet you do not embrace it. Instead you feel guilty for having what you do as if it is a burden of some sort. This won't change without a deeper understanding of the situations you find yourself in. I see two female figures in your life, which can be aspects of one person or two individuals. One is regal and more on the traditional side. The other is dynamic and a woman of action. I see a temptation to do wrong by one of them due to something within yourself you don't want to examine. So you needed to take a break from the situation and you still do. I see a relationship unraveling and the overbearing feeling of sacrifices being made to salvage it. These sacrifices are in vain for they are made without wisdom. They will only cause further stagnation. Your redeeming qualities are your artistic talents; these outlets will provide you with a means to know yourself and others as well as allowing you to vent your frustration and pain. Overall I see that you need more balance in your life. Too much focus on any one area makes you disillusioned with all of it.

May these words find you in good health and spirits. Blessings on your path. And whether I am right or wrong, thank you for the opportunity to learn.

Edit: I fixed a typo.

Edited by Tannenisis