Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

How Safe Do You Feel?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Poll: How Safe Do You Feel? (22 member(s) have cast votes)

How Safe Do You Feel?

1. Great, I am not worried about anything. (5 votes [22.73%])

Percentage of vote: 22.73%

2. Good, Life is fine, all is well. (1 votes [4.55%])

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

3. No real worries. (6 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

4. I am worried, but I think we have the threats under control. (3 votes [13.64%])

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

5. The world is unsafe, and I am afraid. (3 votes [13.64%])

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

6. The terrorists are going to attack and nothing can be done to stop it. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. It's the end of the world we're all gonna die. (4 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16    Vicxr

Vicxr

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 88 posts

• I'm Already Dead...

Posted 19 February 2004 - 11:31 PM

This will make me sound crazy, but who cares...

I am not scared at all because my time has been set, I can't change that, no matter how hard I've tried...

#17    shirini

shirini

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE (Seraphina @ Feb 19 2004, 09:35 PM)

Most schools don't celebrate christmas anymore, and those that do don't allow children to put pictures of Santa, Christmas trees and the like on posters or cards. In fact, lots of holidays from our own culture are undergoing that treatment...

There are so many elements of our lives that are being stepped like that...it's not the fault of the assylum seekers (although a small number of them are extremely vocal about how much better their society is than ours), but rather the government's ridiculous policies and "political correctness gone insane" attitude that worries me tongue.gif

That really sucks, Seraphina!  disgust.gif
People like that really piss me off.  If it was so great where they came from, then they should go back and stop taking up room here/there.  

I say go all out with the Scottish stuff, celebrate all the small Scottish holidays, make holidays up! If they don't like, they don't celebrate! And decorate the hell out of your front lawn, window, anything that faces the st.  And light your backyard and balcony like a freaking disco ball .  Do not in way change culture stuff, If someone complains they donít understand your accent, remind that itís not your problem.

And of course, write to your congress-person, annoy the hell out of them.  Remind them thatís your country too.  You have been here longer, and if all else fail, tell them next elecation they should pack up their files, because they are no longer needed.  And you have found someone more able and deserving of the position!

I hate HATE people like that,  the people are who so PC that they cann't even take a s**t.

Edited by shirini, 20 February 2004 - 12:06 AM.

#18    Talon

Talon

UM Chess Tournament Champion 2005

• 15,003 posts

• Life, Death, Anime inbetween

Posted 20 February 2004 - 12:30 AM

I say go all out with the Scottish stuff, celebrate all the small Scottish holidays, make holidays up!

You know, shirini I really like you  grin2.gif  thumbsup.gif

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#19    DC09

DC09

Poltergeist

• 2,458 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 12:39 AM

I'm no more worried now than I've ever been...   ph34r.gif  

#20    Scorpius

Scorpius

Universal Researcher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

• Harness the energies around you and you'll be able to do wondrous things.

Posted 20 February 2004 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE (Kellalor @ Feb 19 2004, 06:39 PM)
I'm no more worried now than I've ever been...   ph34r.gif

I'm guessing its gonna guess worse, and you'd better be prepared.  Although technologically we'll be advancing at the same time.  But after the whole universally extreme chaos and destruction, it'll quickly return back to normal and probably better.  Normal, without all the emotional stuff.  The emotional pain will still linger as well as the physical pain, if ever encountered.  But stay optomistic, even when times seem to crumble around you.  

Posted Image
Avatar and Signature designed and animated by me.  
Do not speak for those who can speak, but speak for those who cannot.

"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience."  - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin (1881-1955)

#21    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 20 February 2004 - 05:44 PM

My old boss used to say "whats fur ye al no go by ye" the best piece of advice ive ever been given.

Why spend my life worrying about what could happen, shits an giggles everyone !!

Whatever you do make sure you enjoy it.

Edited by wunarmdscissor, 20 February 2004 - 05:45 PM.

Stand up for the Champions
'MON the tic an tiocfaidh ar-la

saorsa na h-alba

#22    DC09

DC09

Poltergeist

• 2,458 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (Blue-Scorpion @ Feb 19 2004, 07:01 PM)
QUOTE (Kellalor @ Feb 19 2004, 06:39 PM)
I'm no more worried now than I've ever been...   ph34r.gif

I'm guessing its gonna guess worse, and you'd better be prepared.  Although technologically we'll be advancing at the same time.  But after the whole universally extreme chaos and destruction, it'll quickly return back to normal and probably better.  Normal, without all the emotional stuff.  The emotional pain will still linger as well as the physical pain, if ever encountered.  But stay optomistic, even when times seem to crumble around you.

I was mostly joking... kinda.  laugh.gif  

#23    Nancy

Nancy

Psychic Spy

• 1,106 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 03:30 AM

Not only do I not feel safe, I am deeply angered by what has been taken away from the country in which I live.

I do not fear death and accept my demise with a healthy respect.

I do not expect that life should be a bowl full of cherries, challenges abound and always will. However, the "security" I once felt no longer exists. Yes, "security" may be only a perception of reality, yet knowing I am part of a "target" by radical factons angers me NO END.

My 'world' has never been luxurious or easy, but at least I trusted my surroundings to the point of feeling relaxed entering the big world around me.

Now? That has been removed.

dying is easy ... tis the living that's hard...

#24    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 14,465 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 21 February 2004 - 03:45 AM

Most schools don't celebrate christmas anymore, and those that do don't allow children to put pictures of Santa, Christmas trees and the like on posters or cards. In fact, lots of holidays from our own culture are undergoing that treatment...

There are so many elements of our lives that are being stepped like that...it's not the fault of the assylum seekers (although a small number of them are extremely vocal about how much better their society is than ours), but rather the government's ridiculous policies and "that worries me

Yes, governments's ridiculous policies and political correctness gone insane" attitude ........see in the States it is the Liberals who are behind all of this BS.
The Liberals are 'The Left' in the US.   I think you would probably be a Republican
Conservative if you lived in the states. blink.gif Really I do.

Now? That has been removed.

I think the chances of my being killed in Dallas traffic are great....much greater
than being killed by a thug or terrorist.  Generally, I have no fear.  

But do I feel safe?......No.................the mouse feels safe just before the snake bites.....  Before 9/11 I put up my guard in bad neighborhoods but now....
I keep my guard up all of the time.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#25    Xenojjin

Xenojjin

Absurdity

• 2,753 posts

• Life is not meaningful, therefore it is.

Posted 21 February 2004 - 03:46 AM

QUOTE (Seraphina @ Feb 19 2004, 09:35 PM)
I also understand you worries about loosing your culture, but remmber your culture is not something that could be taken away from you, unless you let them!

There are so many elements of our lives that are being stepped like that...it's not the fault of the assylum seekers (although a small number of them are extremely vocal about how much better their society is than ours), but rather the government's ridiculous policies and "political correctness gone insane" attitude that worries me tongue.gif

Truth is, while I agree nobody can take my culture away from me...I'm going to consider myself a Scot my entire life, I'm going to celebrate the holidays and values that I believe in until the day I die, and I'm going to raise my children to be Scots too...I'm just worried that I'm gonna be the minority in my own country wacko.gif

huh.gif  and I thought PC over here was bad ... what the heck is this ??!? At least with the US's PC bullsh*t we can at least kinda get an idea where they got their twisted logic from but I cant seem to come up with an explanation for this . Es Random  blink.gif  wacko.gif  

In the way, the supernatural is what's behind the curtain. Normally, you only need to see what's happening in stage. That's how reality works. If you don't know then it's for the best. Actually, learning about the supernatural only increases the number of things you don't know.

Posted Image

#26    Talon

Talon

UM Chess Tournament Champion 2005

• 15,003 posts

• Life, Death, Anime inbetween

Posted 21 February 2004 - 04:07 AM

The Liberals are 'The Left' in the US. I think you would probably be a Republican
Conservative if you lived in the states

More left than the republicans maybe, but still a right-wing party tongue.gif

and I thought PC over here was bad ... what the heck is this ??!? At least with the US's PC bullsh*t we can at least kinda get an idea where they got their twisted logic from but I cant seem to come up with an explanation for this . Es Random   

PC is insane, I heard last month they were even considering changing blackmail case it has negative conitations  tongue.gif don't see it happening though, the words to widespread but you never know   disgust.gif  

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#27    Xenojjin

Xenojjin

Absurdity

• 2,753 posts

• Life is not meaningful, therefore it is.

Posted 21 February 2004 - 04:50 AM

I think the definition of PC should be changed to "random ethics without logic or purpose" laugh.gif  

In the way, the supernatural is what's behind the curtain. Normally, you only need to see what's happening in stage. That's how reality works. If you don't know then it's for the best. Actually, learning about the supernatural only increases the number of things you don't know.

Posted Image

#28    Scorpius

Scorpius

Universal Researcher

• 1,821 posts

• Harness the energies around you and you'll be able to do wondrous things.

Posted 21 February 2004 - 05:29 AM

QUOTE (Xenojjin @ Feb 20 2004, 10:50 PM)
I think the definition of PC should be changed to "random ethics without logic or purpose" laugh.gif

laugh.gif  laugh.gif  grin2.gif
That's a good one, I'll have to remember to tell this to people who vote for PC's.

==
Stranger: "Vote for PC"
Coming out of the voting booth

Me: "Someone once suggested that PC's should change their party's name to Ethics Without Logic or Purpose, now did you use any logic when you voted for PC?"
To Stranger

Stranger: "Huh? They use logical ethics?"

Me: "Well that answers everything, I think you fit the requirements to become a member of this party or even as the leader itself."

Edited by Blue-Scorpion, 21 February 2004 - 05:32 AM.

Posted Image
Avatar and Signature designed and animated by me.  
Do not speak for those who can speak, but speak for those who cannot.

"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience."  - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin (1881-1955)

#29    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 11:02 AM

Do I feel safe .... Hmm , that's really a lot bigger than it seems isn't it .
  I feel more prepared , if that's the right way to put it . If Sept 11 taught me anything it was that nothing is trully to be unexpected and there are more things in the world that should be planned for than  we were aware of before such a tragic event .
Mind you being a natural born fatalist I am of the belief that it is near impossible for the entire human race to be destroyed . And if it comes to the worst I intend on being one of the ones that survives  thumbsup.gif

#30    geeohn

geeohn

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

• The truth is out there...I hope.

Posted 21 February 2004 - 05:20 PM

Yes, I make sure I run for it when something happens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users