Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Pyrokinesis


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1    000000000000000

000000000000000

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • Joined:10 Jan 2008
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 04 May 2008 - 06:41 PM

I will start by telling you of my progress. I can heat stuff up enough to burn. But I usually only do the air around me since I can't send it long. I am working on sending it but no results yet. Well I only tried once. Just about 30 minutes ago I tried something else for the first time. Turning off a light. I used a lighter. I made sure I couldn't blow it out with my nose or mouth and my hand was too far away to even effect it. And I made it go out 4x in a row. So I plan to work more on that. I would like to hear others progress as well.


By the way I would like ideas to have a test I can't put it under a bowl or something because it would go out. And I do not know when I would even bring out a video. I want the ideas to practice. And when I can do them I promise a video with no edits at all and I will do the best of my ability to show you. And like you did with Heartagram please don't set a date.


Please note that this opinion on pyrokinesis is unable to be changed.


#2    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

    Master Blaster

  • Member
  • 11,067 posts
  • Joined:08 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Gulf Coast of Mississippi. Missing TX.

  • One day love will find me.....

Posted 04 May 2008 - 07:16 PM

I suggest you go to xmen academy quickly before you hurt the public at large. Your compliance is appreciated.

Of course you wont give a date.

Edited by Eric Raven The Skeptic, 04 May 2008 - 07:17 PM.

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.


...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#3    000000000000000

000000000000000

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • Joined:10 Jan 2008
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 04 May 2008 - 07:54 PM

What dude. Stop joking around. I won't give a date cause compared to others I suck at it. I am trying to practice first so I can then get it done. The second I can do it I wont give a date by the time I will finish I will immediately record it. And trust me if I do gain worthwhile powers I will make it known unless I feel the need to not.

And by the need to not I mean danger if I do.


#4    KBA

KBA

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts
  • Joined:26 Aug 2006
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:The world

Posted 04 May 2008 - 08:34 PM

HumanTorch on May 4 2008, 12:41 PM, said:

I will start by telling you of my progress. I can heat stuff up enough to burn. But I usually only do the air around me since I can't send it long. I am working on sending it but no results yet. Well I only tried once. Just about 30 minutes ago I tried something else for the first time. Turning off a light. I used a lighter. I made sure I couldn't blow it out with my nose or mouth and my hand was too far away to even effect it. And I made it go out 4x in a row. So I plan to work more on that. I would like to hear others progress as well.


By the way I would like ideas to have a test I can't put it under a bowl or something because it would go out. And I do not know when I would even bring out a video. I want the ideas to practice. And when I can do them I promise a video with no edits at all and I will do the best of my ability to show you. And like you did with Heartagram please don't set a date.


Please note that this opinion on pyrokinesis is unable to be changed.


You know, I just can't help but chuckle at these sort of posts. You say you can burn things yet you're not good enough to make a video? If you can actually burn things with your mind, you're better than any human ever at pyrokinesis, so you should hurry up and make a video.

But... I think we'll have to define "burn" here wink2.gif



#5    drakonwick

drakonwick

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 4,198 posts
  • Joined:15 Jan 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Battlefield Earth

  • There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.

Posted 04 May 2008 - 08:49 PM

It should be simple enough to grab a clear glass or bowl, fill it with water, then put a thermometer in it.
Now film yourself heating up water, possibly even to a boil.

Edited by Moro Bumbleroot, 04 May 2008 - 08:50 PM.

I remember the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says: "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." I suppose we all thought that, one way or another." - J. Robert Oppenheimer.

#6    eight bits

eight bits

    ...

  • Member
  • 7,625 posts
  • Joined:24 May 2007

Posted 04 May 2008 - 09:14 PM

Now, Tom, hot water is dangerous.

Perhaps the following. Take a bowl of water, and throw in some ice cubes. Put a thermometer in. The whole mess comes to thermal equilibrium at zero Celsius, and will stay there until the ice cubes melt.

Turn on camera. Linger lovingly on the thermometer, so that your audience can see that it really is in thermal equilibrium at zero. Heat up the thermometer bulb or probe with your mind. Show thermometer at one Celsius, surrounded by plenty of ice cubes.

Profit.

Posted Image

#7    drakonwick

drakonwick

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 4,198 posts
  • Joined:15 Jan 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Battlefield Earth

  • There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.

Posted 04 May 2008 - 09:18 PM

eight bits on May 4 2008, 05:14 PM, said:

Now, Tom, hot water is dangerous.

Perhaps the following. Take a bowl of water, and throw in some ice cubes. Put a thermometer in. The whole mess comes to thermal equilibrium at zero Celsius, and will stay there until the ice cubes melt.

Turn on camera. Linger lovingly on the thermometer, so that your audience can see that it really is in thermal equilibrium at zero. Heat up the thermometer bulb or probe with your mind. Show thermometer at one Celsius, surrounded by plenty of ice cubes.

Profit.

If one were to fake a video such as this by trying to boil the water in a microwave, then yes it could be dangerous.
So, I will not argue that.

Your idea is well formulated, and a lot less dangerous.  thumbsup.gif

I remember the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says: "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." I suppose we all thought that, one way or another." - J. Robert Oppenheimer.

#8    Sporkling

Sporkling

    Poltergeist

  • Closed
  • 2,841 posts
  • Joined:25 Aug 2007

Posted 05 May 2008 - 12:33 AM

Oh wow torch. Good for you. However, like in the case of heartagram, I suggest you don't bother to make a video. Because there are so many ways to fake it that people will not believe you. They will simply spot the loopholes and tell you to make another one. Don't waste your time.

Edited by Sporkling, 05 May 2008 - 02:56 PM.


#9    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

    Master Blaster

  • Member
  • 11,067 posts
  • Joined:08 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Gulf Coast of Mississippi. Missing TX.

  • One day love will find me.....

Posted 05 May 2008 - 03:56 PM

Sporkling on May 4 2008, 07:33 PM, said:

Oh wow torch. Good for you. However, like in the case of heartagram, I suggest you don't bother to make a video. Because there are so many ways to fake it that people will not believe you. They will simply spot the loopholes and tell you to make another one. Don't waste your time.

If thats the case, then don't wast your time making silly claims either.

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.


...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#10    Sporkling

Sporkling

    Poltergeist

  • Closed
  • 2,841 posts
  • Joined:25 Aug 2007

Posted 05 May 2008 - 03:59 PM

Claims are totally different. Because at least you don't take so long, you don't feel like you done a whole lot of work for nothing, you feel better that you don't waste all your time. Well besides all that, I like claims. But to me they are not claims. I believe every single one of them. I'd rather tell people what I did and have them disbelieve than make a video and have them disbelieve. It is not wasting time. Its getting opinions that count. In posting and making videos you can do that. Get your point across. But you don't get so humiliated if its a post rather than a video. Videos are a dime a dozen at youtube.com.

Edited by Sporkling, 05 May 2008 - 04:05 PM.


#11    Radian

Radian

    Καρδιά ενός &a

  • Member
  • 8,002 posts
  • Joined:13 Jul 2006
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Καρδιά ενός δράκου

  • Καρδιά ενός δράκου

Posted 05 May 2008 - 05:21 PM

HumanTorch on May 4 2008, 01:41 PM, said:

Please note that this opinion on pyrokinesis is unable to be changed.


Please note that "ignorance is bliss."

Posted Image <-- my attack bee

#12    Moonie2012

Moonie2012

    Alien Abducter

  • Banned
  • 4,913 posts
  • Joined:09 Apr 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:MN

Posted 05 May 2008 - 05:23 PM

Shankpin on May 5 2008, 12:21 PM, said:

Please note that "ignorance is bliss."


Please note that I'm LOL!





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users