Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Mary Magdalene's grave found in France?

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#1    WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

Poltergeist

• 2,313 posts

• It is good to give him thanks and praise...

Posted 04 May 2008 - 07:03 PM

I heard today that the man who investigated and wrote about topics such as Area 51...and UFO topics and such has found Mary Magdalene's tomb. Her body was enshrouded with a Knights Templer shroud and buried along with items dateing back to the first century.. He has been on continual quests to uncover the truths about different matters of debate, from Jesus to UFO's etc.
Now they found proof...  ANy one else hear of this too????

Please forgive the breifness of my post... Im on my way out the door for work, but wanted to get it in.

Edited by WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT, 04 May 2008 - 07:07 PM.

#2    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,065 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 04 May 2008 - 07:14 PM

If you are going to throw this out, have some links to back it up. Come on.

Wow. Kind of scary, a guy that believes in UFO's and Jesus. thumbdown.gif

Edited by Eric Raven The Skeptic, 04 May 2008 - 07:15 PM.

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#3    The Mule

The Mule

Beast of Burden

• 4,004 posts

• Is there concrete all around, or is it in my head?

Yeah he found Area 51, Roswell, Atlantas, Bigfoot, Shangri-La, the Lost City of Gold, Planet X, and the Loch Ness Monster. Reason we don't know more about him is he can't find his shoes and make it to a press conference.

Posted Image

...never let a little thing like a fact get in the way of a good theory!

...arguably the worlds smartest mule!

#4    Unknown Rebel

Unknown Rebel

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

No Source ? Which man...Doesnt look good to me/ just googled and nothing came up.

#5    Atana

Atana

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 09:08 PM

I've not heard anything about this.  It sounds amazing if true.  However, I don't think anyone made any connections between the Knights Templar and Mary Magdalene until Dan Brown and the Da Vinci Code.  And even if this were true the Knights Templar did not exist in the 1st century AD.

#6    WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

Poltergeist

• 2,313 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 09:20 PM

I do appoligise for not having more info...thats why my post is ASKING if anyone here heard anything...

All i know is on the news this morning there was a quick mention about it and I didnt catch the mans name that is doing the documentary on it.....

So far I'll take my answers as no then?

#7    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,047 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 09:39 PM

WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT on May 4 2008, 11:20 PM, said:

I do appoligise for not having more info...thats why my post is ASKING if anyone here heard anything...

All i know is on the news this morning there was a quick mention about it and I didnt catch the mans name that is doing the documentary on it.....

So far I'll take my answers as no then?

I didnt realise her body (remains) were ever lost!!

From WIKI:

The French tradition of Saint Lazare of Bethany is that Mary, her brother Lazarus, and Maximinus, one of the Seventy Disciples and some companions, expelled by persecutions from the Holy Land, traversed the Mediterranean in a frail boat with neither rudder nor mast and landed at the place called Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer near Arles. Mary Magdalene came to Marseille and converted the whole of Provence. Magdalene is said to have retired to a cave on a hill by Marseille, La Sainte-Baume ("holy cave", baumo in Provencal), where she gave herself up to a life of penance for thirty years. When the time of her death arrived she was carried by angels to Aix and into the oratory of Saint Maximinus, where she received the viaticum; her body was then laid in an oratory constructed by St. Maximinus at Villa Lata, afterwards called St. Maximin.

In 1279, when Charles II, King of Naples, erected a Dominican convent at La Sainte-Baume, the shrine was found intact, with an explanatory inscription stating why the relics had been hidden.

In 1600, the relics were placed in a sarcophagus commissioned by Pope Clement VIII, the head being placed in a separate reliquary. The relics and free-standing images were scattered and destroyed at the Revolution. In 1814, the church of La Sainte-Baume, also wrecked during the Revolution, was restored, and, in 1822, the grotto was consecrated afresh. The head of the saint now lies there and has been the centre of many pilgrimages.

LINK

#8    WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

Poltergeist

• 2,313 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 10:09 PM

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/080417/lath024.html?.v=101  

video.aol.com/video-detail/mary-magdalenes-tomb-/3907240202  (not sure it http://  goes in front of this one)

From what furthur I was able to find there is a movie coming out called Bloodline......do Im wrestling with the question  Is this a real find or promo for movie????

Today there was supposed to be a conference held at the Jewish Museum NYC, New York

Any onput one may have would be greatly appreciated

#9    Rosewin

Rosewin

Omnipotent Entity

• Banned
  • 8,967 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 10:28 PM

Considering the source of the article is Cinema Libre Studio I wonder how valid their claims are. They are a company that makes documentaries for profit. It was also not a journalistic article but a press release by Cinema Libre Studio.

http://www.cinemalibrestudio.com/

Edited by Clovis, 04 May 2008 - 10:29 PM.

#10    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,047 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 10:32 PM

WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT on May 5 2008, 12:09 AM, said:

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/080417/lath024.html?.v=101  

video.aol.com/video-detail/mary-magdalenes-tomb-/3907240202  (not sure it http://  goes in front of this one)

From what furthur I was able to find there is a movie coming out called Bloodline......do Im wrestling with the question  Is this a real find or promo for movie????

Today there was supposed to be a conference held at the Jewish Museum NYC, New York

Any onput one may have would be greatly appreciated

Hi Warrior FTL

I have had a look at the website of the Direction Regionale des Affaires Culturelles Languedoc-Roussillon, and there is no mention of any recent finds. I think if this was genuine that they would splash it all over their pages somewhere, but, nada, nothing at all.

I think you are right that this is just a promo for a film.

#11    WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

Poltergeist

• 2,313 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 10:34 PM

Something Id love to see for sure.....

#12    Sag!ttarius

Sag!ttarius

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 10:56 PM

Rennes-le-Chateau Website has all the research into the mystery related to this story  yes.gif

This post contains 96.85840734641% recycled material... :)

Posted Image

#13    WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

Poltergeist

• 2,313 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 11:19 PM

Sag!ttarius on May 4 2008, 06:56 PM, said:

Good one..... The pics that Ben Hammott has on the site are very interesting....

Im wondering how the Templars found her in order to move her so many years after to drape her in the shroud.....

I think in the 2007 finding is when he did the documentary on it...He (if its the same one) is pretty famous and has done many on the various topics that are Hot in this area... Such as Jesus, UFO's and such.. places where no one else really wants to go... I appreciate them all even the Big Foot ones etc....I just seek to find the truth about these matters and bounce around the findings...

Thanks for finding that too Keith, Clovis  and Sag!ttarius!!!  Blessing to you guys

Are any of you going to see the film????

#14    Sag!ttarius

Sag!ttarius

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 11:27 PM

Hi Warrior, from what I recall, it was found back in 2005. The mummy also is supposedly of a child, dated c.2000 years ago of Middle Eastern descent. I haven't followed the story for quite a while, so my memory is a tad foggy and my interests diverted to archeology from there on, instead of theological history. Might get interested back by this subject after seeing the movie next month, who knows...

Cheers

This post contains 96.85840734641% recycled material... :)

Posted Image

#15    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,767 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 06:05 AM

Atana on May 5 2008, 07:08 AM, said:

I've not heard anything about this.  It sounds amazing if true.  However, I don't think anyone made any connections between the Knights Templar and Mary Magdalene until Dan Brown and the Da Vinci Code.  And even if this were true the Knights Templar did not exist in the 1st century AD.

the knights templar may have adopted the symbol?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users