Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Proof/evidence of parallel universe?!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16    PumpkinMuffin

PumpkinMuffin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 89 posts

• "Non-existence of evidence does NOT mean evidence of non-existence..."

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:54 PM

dr alien on May 19 2008, 08:05 PM, said:

what was that part about religion? :S
afterlife exists in different dimensions of "our" universe, if "our"universe ended the dimensions which the afterlife exists will end too, there will always be more than one universe, it suits the theory that everything has some sort of twin original.gif

i was saying that if they could nail down the afterlife as a possible parallel universe, or better yet, part of a multi verse, then people wouldnt NEED religion. the knowledge itself would be ingrained in our cores, and absolutley irrefutable. no more 'holy wars' or crap like that. no religious descrimination. people would TRULY be equal for all eternity.  i believe in it, all it needs now is to be proven.  i hope that answers your question.  if it were part of a mult-verse, then why would our particular universe have to exist if the afterlife was in the universe that holds all of the universes together. think of a giant bubble with an infinite amount of bubble inside. our universe would be one of the little ones, the giant one would be the afterlife. maybe that's why we cant prove the afterlife because we cant leave our universe.... are you following me? LoL

#17    PumpkinMuffin

PumpkinMuffin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:56 PM

questionmark on May 19 2008, 09:44 PM, said:

Hmmm.. so we would have to change the name to "multiverse"?... a Universe is one as the first syllable says.

yes, that's what i was getting to = )

#18    PumpkinMuffin

PumpkinMuffin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 08:04 PM

Tiggs on May 19 2008, 08:29 PM, said:

Mathematics proves nothing.  Heck, I could have told you that it was mathematically possible to simulate the quantum results via branching universes. If you think about it for a few minutes, you'll realise that it's also equally possible to simulate any set of results, quantum or otherwise. As far as scientific proof goes  - as the complete lack of a published peer-reviewed paper will testify - this doesn't qualify.

i said 'check it out and tell me what you think', not to tell me to 'think about it for a minute'. i HAVE been thinking about it, but in more ways than one i guess you could say. i really wish my computer hadnt crashed a couple weeks ago, because i had like 25 links fave'd about this specifically..... i wanted to discuss it here on UM! drat!  please forgive that sad sorry fact LoL i will do my best in the next couple of days to rebuild my 'case' = ) so please be patient

Edited by PumpkinMuffin, 20 May 2008 - 08:14 PM.

#19    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 34,231 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 20 May 2008 - 08:25 PM

seffy on May 20 2008, 04:37 AM, said:

M Theory is a branch of String Theory that deals with the Universe as a Brane, or Membrane. I believe the current version of M Theory states that the Universe exists as a 3-Brane, dealing with the three physical dimensions of the Universe, those being left/right, up/down and backwards/forwards. Modern Physics tends to deal with the Universe as a 4 Dimensional space, the aforementioned three physical dimensions and Time as the fourth. String Theory adds yet more dimensions to the Universe. For String Theory to work properly, there would have to be between 7 and 11 dimensions, and anywhere upto 26 dimensions. Unfortunately most of these dimensions are curled up in Calabi Yau space and are smaller than the Planck Length (1.6x10-35 meters), which is the smallest measurement we can accurately measure at our current level of technology. Therefore they can't be proven to exist.

Which is why I wonder whether the string theory is but a great brain masturbation: fun but hardly with any relevance.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users