Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Messages from the Afterlife

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16    Nile_Shaman

Nile_Shaman

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts

• "Let your love in God, your faith, and grace take you into these places." -Shankpin

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:48 AM

Howdy, Howdy-Doo original.gif !!

I'm so glad to see you back and thank you for the inspiration in your shared story of your Mom.

As it seems a thread for sharing true contacts, I am reminded of Al, who'd been my partner at the Sheriff's Office for much of my career, or close by and always something of a mentor. For me, he was like a big brother. I really looked up to him, jerk or not, you know? He mattered a great deal to me. To him, being such a social kind of guy and busy, I was just a friend in his mind. That's as it should be, given he was married happily and there was nothing like that sort of interest in me for him. But, short of it, I really loved him.

He got diagnosed with lung cancer a couple years back and it was in a way, as big a shock to me as it certainly was for him and his family. Long story short, he ultimately retired and dealt with it, and used the time to get closer to his family and heal old rifts and wars. I didn't get to see him much.

But, it came at a bad time for me, and it really rocked my world and got me thinking. I ultimately left and moved away and started over in another state, but my parents are there and I was back often to visit and heard the latest.

A week or so before Christmas of 2006, Mom called and told me he'd passed on and when the funeral was. I told her I wouldn't be coming back for it. Al knew I didn't generally do funerals. He wouldn't look to see me there anyway.

The night after his funeral happened, I was sitting here at my home, just quiet and suddenly, in every way but with my literal eyes, I saw and sensed him here, young, happy, healthy, but serious. I knew in my mind what he meant to convey. What he said was "I never realised how much I mattered to you. I wish I had and I'm sorry." and I was overwhelmed really, and told him the truth - that he knew now was plenty enough. He'd really mattered to me throughout my cop career and always would in a real way. I felt as if he smiled and there was peace and understanding there and then he was gone. I whispered into the air "Catch ya on the flip-flop, buddy" which I always had done when we worked together at shift end. I am certain I heard him laugh faintly.

And he's been gone since. No haunting or anything of the sort. I don't expect to see him again until I die, too, if he's over my way. Our bond was not like your's with your Mom, but it was one of those odd, very tight cop things, which can be callous and annoying and indifferent and also willing to die if need be for each other, at the same time.  It is a form of family.

But, the hallmark of such real visits is the healing and comfort they bring, I think. Another is how true to life they are, just maybe with a bit more sparkle because they feel so much better freed of the pain.

I'd almost say it lacked any sense of being supernatural. He just was dropping by to say aloha and get it straight between us.

Which is purely Al. Then and now.

Thanks again, Howdy-Doo, and welcome back.

NS

I wasted some time, seeking the meaning of life, but thankfully learned before dying that Life IS the meaning for it all. Now, I just enjoy the heck out of every day. -Nile Shaman

#17    Kerkido

Kerkido

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

• To be or not to be

Posted 09 May 2008 - 11:42 AM

WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT on May 9 2008, 01:29 PM, said:

I will never understand why....there are so many nay sayers out there who just dont BELEIVE!

Hey, I'm not a nayer! I was just saying to be precautious!! Gosh  tongue.gif

annsie on May 9 2008, 11:41 AM, said:

I have a similar story regarding my friend.

That is a really cool story annsie! Just goes to show loved ones who have passed on are so forgiving! No matter how guilty or responsible you feel you are, they always see through it and understand how much you valued them as a friend happy.gif

Nile_Shaman on May 9 2008, 07:48 PM, said:

I whispered into the air "Catch ya on the flip-flop, buddy" which I always had done when we worked together at shift end. I am certain I heard him laugh faintly.

Another awesome heart touching story of a tough chic showing her sensitive side, thanks for sharing!  I really enjoyed it, especially how you were adamant on not "doing funerals", but in the end the guest of honour brought his funeral to you original.gif

Kťrkido
Chris

#18    Mia Camille

Mia Camille

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 239 posts

• I am who i am like it or not

Posted 09 May 2008 - 12:39 PM

HowdyDoo on May 7 2008, 10:01 AM, said:

I appreciate your concern and thank you for your comments.  However, if and when you experience something like this, you will also be "sure."  In the meantime, you have every right to be skeptical.  

I know this was nothing demonic.  If you walk with the Holy Spirit, you have God's protection.  

Is it possible that there was a physiological reason for these things?  Of courseóskeptics can try and explain away everything.  But I have faith, and my faith tells me that this was a true experience.  It brought me peace and comfort, and it brought peace and comfort to my family.  (Nothing demonic would do such a thing--remember, you can tell a tree from its fruit.)  

I have felt my motherís presence.  I canít prove it, and I donít need to.  It was as real to me as this computer Iím sitting in front of.  I canít force anyone else to believe me, eitheróall I can do is share the experience for what it meant to me and hope it means something to someone else.

I agree with you when you say : if and when you experience something like this, you will also be "sure." because i did feel something like this one night when i went to bed and i just knew that it was one of my parents who had been there...

I enjoyed reading your post and i do believe your mom came to see you...

Posted Image

#19    Bogeyman

Bogeyman

Poltergeist

• 2,834 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 01:21 PM

Those are great stories guys.When my dad died i had lost my job a week or so beforehand. The night before his funeral he came to me in a dream and told me" i've sorted out the job thing dont worry". Next day my old boss turned up with a loan of a car and asked me to go back working again... Dream or Not ? I've never been too sure to be honest and with time the memory of it has become blurred , but who knows.
I do like to read other peoples experiences though and i suppose it's in the personal evidential encounters that people really feel that they can believe that there is more than this.
Bogey

Edited by Bogeyman, 09 May 2008 - 01:22 PM.

#20    HowdyDoo

HowdyDoo

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

• "Mom, what is a human bean?"

Posted 09 May 2008 - 02:04 PM

Wow--what great stories!  They are amazing and uplifting.  It just helps to confirm to me what I already know--that our loved ones are still there and still care about us.  

One thing my mom "told" me is that the reason why she was passing on these messages through me was that she was concerned that she might frighten my sisters--she knew I was open to it and wouldn't be scared.  She knew I would pass on the information to my other sisters, and I have.  I think being receptive is the key here--our loved ones don't want to frighten us, just reassure us.  

"Don't take life too seriously...it isn't permanent."

#21    Regency

Regency

Poltergeist

• 2,846 posts

• I come fully equipped with a papoose. If you need to move me around I slot in the back like a peanut.

Posted 09 May 2008 - 02:10 PM

Hi HowdyDoo

I find it intriguing that your mom used to have the statue turn on her before her death, and now it's happening to you.  

I think your mom is letting you know she's ok, you say you have a sense of excitement from her, my sister has had this same sense from my daughter since she passed, with her it was she could "feel" her smiling and happiness.  My sister called me at 4am on morning, crying to tell me this, it was so profound.

I'm glad you've shared this with us, I hope your mom continues to bring you comfort.

Reg x

#22    HowdyDoo

HowdyDoo

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

• "Mom, what is a human bean?"

Posted 09 May 2008 - 04:20 PM

Regency on May 9 2008, 03:10 PM, said:

Hi HowdyDoo

I find it intriguing that your mom used to have the statue turn on her before her death, and now it's happening to you.  

I think your mom is letting you know she's ok, you say you have a sense of excitement from her, my sister has had this same sense from my daughter since she passed, with her it was she could "feel" her smiling and happiness.  My sister called me at 4am on morning, crying to tell me this, it was so profound.

I'm glad you've shared this with us, I hope your mom continues to bring you comfort.

Reg x

I'm sorry to hear of your daughter's passing, but I'm glad she was able to contact you through your sister.  I know the feeling your sister had--profound is the perfect word for it!  

My mom had a very unique spiritual life.  She had several visions in her lifetime.  One very memorable one was during an Easter Mass.  My mom, being the choir director, was in the choir loft and praying intently during the Consecration of the Eucharist.  (For those who don't know--it's the sacred time when the priest re-enacts the last supper, and turns the bread and wine into the body and blood of Christ.)  When the priest raised the bread, she saw Jesus superimposed behind the Priest, at a slightly higher level.  She blinked, rubbed her eyes, looked again, and the vision was still there as the priest raised his arms again, holding the chalice this time.  After the Consecration was over, the vision disappeared.

I've been keeping my eye on the statue, but it hasn't moved since.  We even had an actual earthquake, and it stayed put.

Edited by HowdyDoo, 09 May 2008 - 04:21 PM.

"Don't take life too seriously...it isn't permanent."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users