Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

If the end is not near, what is?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#46    EtuMalku

EtuMalku

Conspiracy Theorist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 02:24 PM

NeoGenesis on May 10 2008, 07:52 AM, said:

Thanks for the post Expatriate. thumbsup.gif

Haha what a load of bull crap some people would believe still to today.I mean "Nibiru" and the "Annunaki Gods" how pathetic all this coming from a person that claims that he can read these ancient texts but does not even understand a word,give me a break laugh.gif.

Jeeeez, take it easy already! I don't subscribe to any of these conspiracy stories, just having some fun with them. So, the word Annunaki is not Sumerian? Annunaki (Anu = Heaven, Na = And, Ki = Earth) All those drawings depicting alien intervention like these http://hometown.aol.com/mddunbar1/AnnunakiInfoPage.html are made up by Sitchy? The Dogon tribe's knowledge of both Sirius and Sirius B (invisible dwarf star) were planted by Sitchy too? There is no evidence of a large planet-like mass with smaller moon-like satellites about to enter our solar system? Nothing about our solar system aligning perfectly with the center of the Milky Way galaxy during the Winter Solstice of 2012? No Nephillim? No Watchers? . . . . . how boring!

Edited by EtuMalku, 10 May 2008 - 02:36 PM.

#47    EtuMalku

EtuMalku

Conspiracy Theorist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 02:52 PM

Now, let me play with myself:
Neberu is an Akkadian word, not a Sumerian word. It referred to a river crossing, ford, or a ferry (boat). The city of Nippur was probably located at such a spot. The planet Jupiter, which we know was later called Neberu, belonged to the chief deity in the Babylonian pantheon, Marduk. We don't have proof, but earlier it may have belonged to the Sumerian Enlil, the temple god of Nippur and chief deity in the Sumerian pantheon. There is a possibility that Neberu also referred to the North Star. The Sumerians tended to project what they knew on earth onto the heavens.

Anunnaki is a collective name for the gods of heaven and earth, and in other contexts only for the gods of the Netherworld, the empire of the death (in particular beginning in the second half of the second millennium). It is a loan word (plural only) from Sumerian a.nun.(n)a(k) 'semen/descendants of the (-ak) monarch (nun) and refers to the offspring of the King of Heaven An/Anum. The gods together are called Anunnaki and in the text one might specifically add
d Anunnaki sha shamź u erSetim, 'the Anunnaki of heaven and earth'.

Sometimes a differentiation is made in the indication of the totality of the gods, the d Igigi and the d Anunnaki. The Igigi in that case are the gods of heaven, while the Anunnaki refer to the gods of the Netherword, the empire of the death.

In the later tradition of the Babylonian Epic of Creation the supreme god at that time, Marduk, divided all deities into Anunnaki and Igigi, but the words for Anunnaki and Igigi are used almost interchangeably elsewhere in the text. 'Marduk, King of the gods, divided....
d Anunnaki gimratsunu elish u shaplish
'the Anunnaki, their totality, (over the regions) above and below'

The epic of Atrahasīs (Poem of the Supersage) is a long epic, probably composed around 1700 BCE, which deserves more attention than given here. In this epic heavenly society is divided into two classes. The labour on the fields was carried out by gods of second rank, the Igigi, on behalf of the more important gods, the leaders, called the Anunnaki. The story starts with a revolt by the Igigi. They bang the door and went on strike, protesting before their chief employer Enlil. No work on the fields eventually means famine, so the gods panic and convene a general assembly, this time presided by the chief Anu himself. The solution proposed by the intelligent Ea is to create mankind who would have as prime duty to work on the fields, to fulfill the role of servants towards the gods. Men feed, cloth and shelter the gods and thus replace the labour done previously by the Igigi, and this is why men has to work so hard...... Their sole purpose is to be devoted to the gods.
It is possible that the Igigi represent the younger gods of the Akkadians and the Anunnaki the older Sumerian gods. Between the lines of the Epic one could read a struggle for equal rights, possibly reflecting such a struggle between the Sumerians and the Akkadians. Other theories (e.g. due to von Soden) deny the resulting settlement and agreement between the gods. It is said that in fact the Igigi seized power over the Anunnaki. They, the Igigi, gods of the heaven, become at the top and are the consulting gods in the assembly, eventually dominated by four or seven 'Great Gods'. In this theory the Igigi dislodge the Anunnaki to the Netherworld.

Not one word of this was culminated from Sitchy either.

#48    Dr. D

Dr. D

Alien Abducter

• 5,275 posts

• I love being me even though sometimes I'm still a stranger.

Posted 10 May 2008 - 06:05 PM

EtuMalku on May 10 2008, 03:24 PM, said:

Jeeeez, take it easy already! I don't subscribe to any of these conspiracy stories, just having some fun with them. So, the word Annunaki is not Sumerian? Annunaki (Anu = Heaven, Na = And, Ki = Earth) All those drawings depicting alien intervention like these http://hometown.aol.com/mddunbar1/AnnunakiInfoPage.html are made up by Sitchy? The Dogon tribe's knowledge of both Sirius and Sirius B (invisible dwarf star) were planted by Sitchy too? There is no evidence of a large planet-like mass with smaller moon-like satellites about to enter our solar system? Nothing about our solar system aligning perfectly with the center of the Milky Way galaxy during the Winter Solstice of 2012? No Nephillim? No Watchers? . . . . . how boring!

The thing I said was that the word "Annunaki" does not appear in any writing prior to Sitchin.  It is a name he invented by joining a few words.  The links you provided shows some Sumerian / Assyrian art but do you believe the museums where they rest present them as being "Annunakis?"

Why is there a reason to believe that the Dogons' alleged knowledge of Sirius and Sirius B is linked to Sitchin's invented aliens?  The truth is that the Dogons merely draw some dot formations in the sand and point upward.  That those marks are similar to Sirius and Sirius B has been noted but that hardly is solid evidence that they have a historic knowledge of them.

And is there evidence of a planet-like mass entering our solar system?  NO.  A very frank, absolute, NO.  And if planets align, do you believe it will be the first time?  No Nephilim?  No.  No watchers?  Who knows, but can they be linked to Sitchin's imaginary playmates on their homeplanet?  NO.  

Maybe boring, but truth often is.

#49    Dr. D

Dr. D

Alien Abducter

• 5,275 posts

• I love being me even though sometimes I'm still a stranger.

Posted 10 May 2008 - 06:11 PM

EtuMalku on May 10 2008, 03:52 PM, said:

Now, let me play with myself:
Neberu is an Akkadian word, not a Sumerian word. It referred to a river crossing, ford, or a ferry (boat). The city of Nippur was probably located at such a spot. The planet Jupiter, which we know was later called Neberu, belonged to the chief deity in the Babylonian pantheon, Marduk. We don't have proof, but earlier it may have belonged to the Sumerian Enlil, the temple god of Nippur and chief deity in the Sumerian pantheon. There is a possibility that Neberu also referred to the North Star. The Sumerians tended to project what they knew on earth onto the heavens.

Anunnaki is a collective name for the gods of heaven and earth, and in other contexts only for the gods of the Netherworld, the empire of the death (in particular beginning in the second half of the second millennium). It is a loan word (plural only) from Sumerian a.nun.(n)a(k) 'semen/descendants of the (-ak) monarch (nun) and refers to the offspring of the King of Heaven An/Anum. The gods together are called Anunnaki and in the text one might specifically add
d Anunnaki sha shamź u erSetim, 'the Anunnaki of heaven and earth'.

Sometimes a differentiation is made in the indication of the totality of the gods, the d Igigi and the d Anunnaki. The Igigi in that case are the gods of heaven, while the Anunnaki refer to the gods of the Netherword, the empire of the death.

In the later tradition of the Babylonian Epic of Creation the supreme god at that time, Marduk, divided all deities into Anunnaki and Igigi, but the words for Anunnaki and Igigi are used almost interchangeably elsewhere in the text. 'Marduk, King of the gods, divided....
d Anunnaki gimratsunu elish u shaplish
'the Anunnaki, their totality, (over the regions) above and below'

The epic of Atrahasīs (Poem of the Supersage) is a long epic, probably composed around 1700 BCE, which deserves more attention than given here. In this epic heavenly society is divided into two classes. The labour on the fields was carried out by gods of second rank, the Igigi, on behalf of the more important gods, the leaders, called the Anunnaki. The story starts with a revolt by the Igigi. They bang the door and went on strike, protesting before their chief employer Enlil. No work on the fields eventually means famine, so the gods panic and convene a general assembly, this time presided by the chief Anu himself. The solution proposed by the intelligent Ea is to create mankind who would have as prime duty to work on the fields, to fulfill the role of servants towards the gods. Men feed, cloth and shelter the gods and thus replace the labour done previously by the Igigi, and this is why men has to work so hard...... Their sole purpose is to be devoted to the gods.
It is possible that the Igigi represent the younger gods of the Akkadians and the Anunnaki the older Sumerian gods. Between the lines of the Epic one could read a struggle for equal rights, possibly reflecting such a struggle between the Sumerians and the Akkadians. Other theories (e.g. due to von Soden) deny the resulting settlement and agreement between the gods. It is said that in fact the Igigi seized power over the Anunnaki. They, the Igigi, gods of the heaven, become at the top and are the consulting gods in the assembly, eventually dominated by four or seven 'Great Gods'. In this theory the Igigi dislodge the Anunnaki to the Netherworld.

Not one word of this was culminated from Sitchy either.

Nowhere in the Epic of Atrahasīs does the name "Annunaki" appear.  

#50    Cradle of Fish

Cradle of Fish

Alien Abducter

• 4,583 posts

• "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson

Posted 10 May 2008 - 06:58 PM

I wish you would all stop worrying about the end and start living for today. Yes it will all end some day, no it wont be aliens, god, allah, annunaki, galactic alignment, voodoo or leprechauns. Stop dragging the human race down, we have the capability to exist until the end of the universe, but dwelling on ends that are never going to come isn't helping.

I am not a man, merely a parody of one.

#51    iSeeDeadPpl!

iSeeDeadPpl!

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

• iSeeDeadPeople....

You want scientific evidence? YOU WANT SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE!!!

Posted 19 June 2008 - 05:30 PM

2012 won't end the world. It'll just be a major crisis....not necessarily an extintion

Edited by Open your mind, 19 June 2008 - 05:32 PM.

#52    THAT GUY

THAT GUY

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:17 PM

I say 2012 is a bunch of crap and nothing out of the ordinary will happen.

HANSEL: So I'm repelling down Mount Vesuvius when suddenly I slip, and I start to fall. Just falling, ahh ahh, I'll never forget the terror. When suddenly I realize "Holy ****, Hansel, haven't you been smoking Peyote for six straight days, and couldn't some of this maybe be in your head?"

DEREK: And?

HANSEL: And it was. I was totally fine. I've never even been to Mount Vesuvius.

#53    Corthos

Corthos

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 129 posts

• "What do you mean featherfall wore off??"

Posted 21 June 2008 - 06:34 AM

I think our most immediate threat is the Yellowstone caldera, considering it's already overdue for an eruption.  Not exactly 'the end', but definatly enough to be a BIG change in the way we live.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. "

- Arthur C. Clarke

#54    churchanddestroy

churchanddestroy

Secretary of No State

• 3,088 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 03:23 PM

Ghost Ship on May 7 2008, 02:54 PM, said:

Something big is comming that's for sure even if it's only our mass and sudden extinction.

Or maybe a boatload of disappointment when nothing really happens.

When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon.

#55    Arcanus.

Arcanus.

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 10:18 AM

I'm safe, though.

Indonesia has 6000 uninhabited islands (paradises, I call them) with empty beaches, lots of stone & woods, clean water rivers, clean air to breathe, food, away from urban stress - ready to be extracted 4 years from now.

(and it's my country.)

HAHA  tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

Pity... clearly, fame isn't everything, is it, Mr. Potter?

Check out my deviantART profile

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users