Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Thomas Edison the first Ghost Hunter?

Pluto-x

Did you guys know that Thomas Edison was the first person to invent a device to record EVP's? Edison made the discovery of Electronic Voice Phenomena! EVP's have been around since the 1920's!

How cool!?

I'm watching Children of the Grave ( Which is pretty cool ). A Documentary on the Ghost Hunters who have come up with hundreds of EVP's of Orphans. Though its sad! :(

Edited by Pluto-x

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoahJaymes

• Pluto-x

• MasterPo

• Korbus

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm watching that too

thats very interesting Information that they were presenting

Did you guys know that Thomas Edison was the first person to invent a device to record EVP's? Edison made the discovery of Electronic Voice Phenomena! EVP's have been around since the 1920's!

How cool!?

I'm watching Children of the Grave ( Which is pretty cool ). A Documentary on the Ghost Hunters who have come up with hundreds of EVP's of Orphans. Though its sad! :(

Are the evps clear?

That is pretty cool about Thomas Edison, it seems that scientist were more open minded to taboo subjects that they are today. Did you know the scientist who Haleys comet is named after had his own hollow earth theory? He would be laughed out of a job today, as would Thomas Edison for inventing Ghost hunting devices!

What channel is Children of the Grave on?

Yeah, this idea just appeared on the t.v. show Supernatural. They were in a museum and saw Edison's old "Sprirt phone" that he used to talk to spirits and allowed spirits to talk back. I know this is exactly what you're talking about, but I thought I just might add it.

Actually - No.

Edison, along with other notable inventors of his day including Gueglielmo Marconi (wireless radio) and Nikola Tesla (famous for his work with electricity), worked on such a device in the latter part of thier lives. But there's no evidence they succeeded during thier life times.

The credit for recording the first EVP is generally given to a Swedish film maker Fredrich Jurgenson in 1959.

This show is almost better than Ghost Hunters? The apparitions they caught are crazy!!!?

Of course they are using high def video cameras! LOL

Actually - No.

Edison, along with other notable inventors of his day including Gueglielmo Marconi (wireless radio) and Nikola Tesla (famous for his work with electricity), worked on such a device in the latter part of thier lives. But there's no evidence they succeeded during thier life times.

The credit for recording the first EVP is generally given to a Swedish film maker Fredrich Jurgenson in 1959.

I, too, am under the impression Jurgenson was the first to record what is now called EVP. He was recording bird songs and when he played the recording back, he heard human voices speaking. However, no one but him and the birds were there at the time.

There's some good info on Wikipedia for anyone who is interested. Tells a decent bit about the history, etc. Anyone who is interested can check it out at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_voice_phenomena

This show is almost better than Ghost Hunters? The apparitions they caught are crazy!!!?

Of course they are using high def video cameras! LOL

Almost better? I have never seen anything like that before, and the evidence was overwhelming as was the narration. That put those plumbers to shame..JN

Appreciate it Jason...

No problem, kind sir.

Darn, I missed the show <_< . I'll have to see if I can find it somewhere else.

It sounds extremely interesting!

LOL...now now, we do have to realize this was a documentry while ghost hunters is a show...I do think this was more organized and actually a lot better to watch in all honesty....I think it would be nice if Ghost Hunters would, rather than doing an all night investigation for Halloween, do a documentry type shoot on their top 5 investigations and air a marathon of that documentry. Uncut, and not alloted for time restraints.

See if they could be as well organized and uncover something of that magnitude....

I like how this documentry included not just one group, but numerous groups from all over...that is what is appealing to me.

I agree... it was very informative, insightful, and I felt it covered all basis of what a paranormal team & ghost hunters go through as individuals. It covers the reality and history of the locations they aired. It was very realistic and objective. Hats off to them!

I, too, am under the impression Jurgenson was the first to record what is now called EVP. He was recording bird songs and when he played the recording back, he heard human voices speaking. However, no one but him and the birds were there at the time.

There's some good info on Wikipedia for anyone who is interested. Tells a decent bit about the history, etc. Anyone who is interested can check it out at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_voice_phenomena

I don't think he was faking it. But at first he claimed it to be by accident. Later accounts state he admitted trying to communicate with the dead. NTL, he's generally credited with being the first to record EVPs.

Wikipedia is not to be trusted as a source.