Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Have you ever heard...?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1    whimsicalreverie

whimsicalreverie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:09 AM

Hi, I didn't know where to put this topic under, but I was curious, what is the first thing your mind usually thinks about when you wake up?

If it's not what dream I was having, then I will automatically hear or wake up to a song already in my head.  Sometimes it seems significant to what I was thinking about the day before, other times, it will just be a song that comes out of nowhere.   hmm.gif

And I'll notice that it's sometimes only certain lyrics that will be stuck in my head.  One time, I had the lyrics, "Some people live their dreams, some people close their eyes, some people's destiny...  passes by."  stuck in my head upon waking up for a whole week.

Is this something my subconscious or unconscious is trying to tell me?  And why is it that I will wake up to songs stuck in my head in the first place?  Sometimes they will be songs I haven't even thought about or heard for months, or even longer.  It'll just come out of the blue.

Anyways, so I was just curious, does this happen to you?  And if so, do you think the songs are meaningless, or is there a reason they're popping up first thing during the waking up process?

And what other things does your mind automatically think about/hear/or see when you first wake up?

#2    Pelican_Eel

Pelican_Eel

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 06:41 PM

well...  sometimes it's a song, but very very rarely. once it was a poem. but usually, especially if I must get up early, with alarm clock, it would be like visions - simply dreams, I guess  - moods, some strange...convictions. Like, memory of a forest of large, gigantic anchors, I remember this one from childhood... another time, the sensation of world around as a negative - like, there were valleys instead of mountains and the opposite, holes instead of things... It's just dreams.
The thing that amazes me the most, is that when I wake up, for a while I don't remember the situation completely, what day is today, what must I do, what happened yesterday - I love this state of mind, when I just lie there blank, then, slowly, memories come back.
edit:
oh, and if I wake up with a sore throat, for example, I get all kinds of these... let's say, fantasies. Sometimes I feel my throat like a copper tube, or a ball stuck in it, other times I imagine it being all cracked. Crazy things.

Edited by justejust, 17 May 2008 - 06:48 PM.

Who needs drugs when you have everything you need inside you?

#3    WatchingMother

WatchingMother

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 280 posts

• When you speak to others- smile as if you are thinking something you shouldn't.

Posted 17 May 2008 - 07:20 PM

usually in the morning, I am on auto-pilot. No thoughts, no songs, no poems at all. I head straight to the john to pee, wash up, then get breakfast going. It isn't until after my first cup of coffee when my mind clicks on and starts to race about the things I need to do, what happened yesterday, etc.

a painfully delicious, bitter-sweet, beautiful geek, be amused by the oxymoron

#4    whimsicalreverie

whimsicalreverie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 02:16 AM

tongue.gif  And here I thought this thread was gone into oblivion.  tongue.gif

Usually when I wake up I will either instantly remember my dream (which I love, most of the times ;P), think about how busy my day is going to be, or hear a song.  And sometimes it's a song I haven't heard in ages.  

justejust, that's interesting that you have a lot of visions like that when you wake up.  :\  Usually that happens to me when I'm drifting off to sleep.  I will just see a whole bunch of random images.  ...And I do agree with you about just lying in bed and not remembering anything, just maybe feeling comfortable and content about lying in bed and not having a care in the world.  ;P  Unfortunately that only happens on the mornings where I don't have to work.  XP
...That's interesting about a poem though.  :\  Mind me asking which poem?  original.gif

QUOTE (WatchingMother)
usually in the morning, I am on auto-pilot. No thoughts, no songs, no poems at all. I head straight to the john to pee, wash up, then get breakfast going. It isn't until after my first cup of coffee when my mind clicks on and starts to race about the things I need to do, what happened yesterday, etc.

I do this sometimes too, where my body just automatically knows what I'm supposed to do, like get dressed, brush my teeth, and so on, and I won't really think about anything except how tired I am.  tongue.gif

Anyways, thanks for the replies!  ^^  
And I woke up with Over and Over, by Breaking Benjamin in my head today.  XP

...I use too many emoticons.  rolleyes.gif

#5    gigs

gigs

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 218 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 02:35 AM

I seem to hear the click " ON " before the music on my alarm.  M - F

On the Weekends I wake up to my kids , and think  Damn how long have they been up , and what
have they gotten into now ?   That or fighting and crying or Momma Were hungry .  It's light time,
wake up. It is not Dark time . Kids   ages are  4 , 4 and 8 at my house.

Posted Image

#6    whimsicalreverie

whimsicalreverie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 02:44 AM

gigs on May 17 2008, 07:35 PM, said:

I seem to hear the click " ON " before the music on my alarm.  M - F

On the Weekends I wake up to my kids , and think  Damn how long have they been up , and what
have they gotten into now ?   That or fighting and crying or Momma Were hungry .  It's light time,
wake up. It is not Dark time . Kids   ages are  4 , 4 and 8 at my house.

Oh, yikes.  ;P  Sounds like a handful to me.  

I'm one of those sleepers who has to have absolute quite or white noise in order to sleep.  If a random dog barks, or I hear traffic in the streets, bass from neighbors playing, I will not be able to go to sleep.  XP  And it's the same for waking up.  Any little noise will most likely wake me up.  So I feel for you in that regards.  ;P  Now I have to have a fan going on in my room in order to block all other outside noises.  But since you have kids, you might not have that luxury.  :\

Do you at least have some time in the evenings to just relax and take a nap or snooze, meditate, anything like that?  Get some peaceful thoughts going, at least?  wink2.gif

#7    gigs

gigs

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 218 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 03:30 AM

Yes and no , I work full time and going through a divorce. I have a lot going on , with the kids , myself
and the X ! The week before my birthday it will be final !  That is a heck of a present , since I asked for
the divorce !!

My quiet time to relax is now on the computer.

Posted Image

#8    Pelican_Eel

Pelican_Eel

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 01:10 PM

...That's interesting about a poem though. :\ Mind me asking which poem?

oh it was Edgar Allan Poe, my favourite, "for Annie".  Only the part:
"My tantalized spirit
Here blandly reposes,
Forgetting, or never
Regretting its roses-"

over and over in my head.

Who needs drugs when you have everything you need inside you?

#9    whimsicalreverie

whimsicalreverie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 02:43 AM

justejust on May 18 2008, 06:10 AM, said:

oh it was Edgar Allan Poe, my favourite, "for Annie".  Only the part:
"My tantalized spirit
Here blandly reposes,
Forgetting, or never
Regretting its roses-"

over and over in my head.

Oh okay, thanks.  original.gif  
That sounds like a very beautiful and kind of sad verse too.

And yes, I've often had times where I will just recite the same words or lyrics over and over in my head, from when I wake up all throughout the day.  And I hate it when I'm trying to think of a particular song or saying, and it's on the tip of my tongue, but I can't remember it.  XP  Drives me crazy.  tongue.gif

#10    The Mule

The Mule

Beast of Burden

• 4,004 posts

• Is there concrete all around, or is it in my head?

Posted 19 May 2008 - 02:46 AM

The first thought used to be "where's my smokes" but since I quit.....My first thought is then about hoping there something nice in my email....

Posted Image

...never let a little thing like a fact get in the way of a good theory!

...arguably the worlds smartest mule!

#11    ammy

ammy

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 203 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 05:40 AM

Sometimes songs from video games will pop into my head upon waking up.Probably because i've played them the night before.Like tail's theme song,that will randomly get get in my head.

Posted Image

#12    whimsicalreverie

whimsicalreverie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:06 AM

The Mule on May 18 2008, 07:46 PM, said:

The first thought used to be "where's my smokes" but since I quit.....My first thought is then about hoping there something nice in my email....

Oh good you quit.  ^^  I wish my Mom had quit smoking, and I wish my sister would.  Now I'm wondering if that's the first thing my sister thinks about.  ;P

QUOTE (ammy)
Sometimes songs from video games will pop into my head upon waking up.Probably because i've played them the night before.Like tail's theme song,that will randomly get get in my head.

Oh don't even get me started on that.  ;P  When I used to play Zelda, that Goron's theme song used to be stuck in my head, and same with just random themes from video games I can't even remember.  tongue.gif  They'll just play over and over in my head and I'll literally want to drown my brain or something.  ;P

#13    Stricken

Stricken

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 11:11 AM

First thing I think of in the morning is wondering how fast I can get ready for school without being late (I'm usually late anyway). On the weekends or holidays, usually wake up thinking about a song, and I usually I can't get it out of my head until I listen to the song.

"The only difference between religion and superstition is the spelling."

But the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown. - Carl Sagan.

#14    Ausaria

Ausaria

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

• Let it be most furious.

Posted 02 June 2008 - 03:54 AM

Mine is always "Dammitwhendoiwork?"

|myspace|
| AIM: Lawlia |

#15    Radian

Radian

Καρδιά ενός &a

• 8,002 posts

• Καρδιά ενός δράκου

Posted 02 June 2008 - 03:57 AM

whimsicalreverie on May 11 2008, 10:09 PM, said:

Hi, I didn't know where to put this topic under, but I was curious, what is the first thing your mind usually thinks about when you wake up?

I think,  Can I reach the button on the alarm to get 5 more minutes in without having to move too much--

Posted Image <-- my attack bee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users