Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The ancient secrets of levitation

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 14 May 2008 - 08:43 AM

Image credit: stockxpert
Image credit: stockxpert
Great stone structures and megaliths around the world stand as mysteries to how they were constructed.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: About.com

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    Twin Peaks

Twin Peaks

an invisible dream

• 2,958 posts

• I have no idea where this will lead us. But I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.

Posted 14 May 2008 - 12:20 PM

The current estimates of mainstream science contends that it took a workforce of 4,000 to 5,000 men 20 years to build the Great Pyramid using ropes, pulleys, ramps, ingenuity and brute force.

So that must be it then. Could this have been the case though? Do historians contend with the scientists?

If not then the Egyptions had some neat tricks up their sleeves. I cant believe that none of their arkitecture secrets have been discovered.

#3    Sag!ttarius

Sag!ttarius

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 01:00 PM

I wonder why the English museum confiscated and classified the 2 films by this doctor. Would be interesting if one could find them. The idea of sonic levitation is not new. Every ancient sites around the world has stones that can't be moved by man power alone. So I guess sonic levitation would solve the mystery, once the right combination of frequencies/harmonics can be found

Cheers

#4    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 9,110 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 14 May 2008 - 01:31 PM

Ghost Ship on May 14 2008, 07:20 AM, said:

So that must be it then. Could this have been the case though? Do historians contend with the scientists?

If not then the Egyptions had some neat tricks up their sleeves. I cant believe that none of their arkitecture secrets have been discovered.

Levitation or not, it appears that ramps at least were involved.

Remains of ramps have been found beside several pyramids, including the Great Pyramid.

AFAIK, the Egyptians were unaware of pulleys.

No question that, if they used pulleys at all, they didn't use compound pulleys and thus achieved no mechanical advantage with any pulley they may have (theoretically) put in use.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#5    www375

www375

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 358 posts

• Everyone knows this is nowhere

Posted 14 May 2008 - 04:25 PM

No...........Ramps and slave labor.  Tons of slaves for tons of rock.

I reject your reality, and substitute my own!

#6    Sag!ttarius

Sag!ttarius

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 07:15 PM

www375 on May 14 2008, 12:25 PM, said:

No...........Ramps and slave labor.  Tons of slaves for tons of rock.

And you know this by channeling, time traveling or listening to the storyline mainstream archaeologists follow, not to upset "Hawassism" by discarding artifacts that don't fit in the preconceived model? rolleyes.gif

Inquiring minds want to know. Well, maybe just me...

Cheers

Edit: I changed Darwinism to "Hawassism". I created a new word, but what the heck original.gif

Edited by Sag!ttarius, 14 May 2008 - 07:34 PM.

#7    Harte

Harte

• 9,110 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 14 May 2008 - 07:21 PM

Sag!ttarius on May 14 2008, 02:15 PM, said:

And you know this by channeling, time traveling or listening to the storyline mainstream archaeologists follow, not to upset Darwinism by discarding artifacts that don't fit in the preconceived model? rolleyes.gif

Yeah, that and the fact of the ramps still being there and the workers village right next to the pyramid complex.

But if you insist, then by all means include channeling and time travel.

Except, they weren't slaves and they considered it an "honor" to do the work.

And the pyramids have nothing to do with Darwin or the Theory of Evolution.

And that there are no "discarded artifacts" that "don't fit" with this model of pyramid construction.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson

#8    Moonie2012

Moonie2012

Alien Abducter

• Banned
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 08:24 PM

I don't see how ramps and "levitation" couldn't go hand-in-hand. If they did have some sort of secret stone levitating procedure, they could have still needed a ramp to push them up, like how a hovercraft needs a surface underneath it, but doesn't actually touch it.

I'm not claiming that's how it worked - just making a point.

Edited by Moonie2012, 14 May 2008 - 08:26 PM.

#9    Harte

Harte

• 9,110 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 14 May 2008 - 08:30 PM

Moonie2012 on May 14 2008, 03:24 PM, said:

I don't see how ramps and "levitation" couldn't go hand-in-hand. If they did have some sort of secret stone levitating procedure, they could have still needed a ramp to push them up, like how a hovercraft needs a surface underneath it, but doesn't actually touch it.

I'm not claiming that's how it worked - just making a point.

In deference to the more adventurous in this thread (mainly because it's not in the "Ancient Mysteries and Alternative History section,) I purposefully left that possibility wide open when I said:

Harte on May 14 2008, 08:31 AM, said:

Levitation or not, it appears that ramps at least were involved.

Remains of ramps have been found beside several pyramids, including the Great Pyramid.

Harte

Don't you love quoting yourself? laugh.gif

I personally wouldn't consider the possibility of levitation for even a picosecond.  But hey, that's me and this isn't the section of the forum where I usually argue such things.

IOW, I wouldn't expect people posting in here to particularly know (or care) about why such levitation is not only impossible, but also not necessary.

Harte

#10    Dan Dare

Dan Dare

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

• Pilot of the Future

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:45 PM

Harte on May 14 2008, 09:30 PM, said:

I personally wouldn't consider the possibility of levitation for even a picosecond.  But hey, that's me and this isn't the section of the forum where I usually argue such things.

What a closed mind you have "Harte"

http://science.howstuffworks.com/acoustic-levitation1.htm

Dan Dare

Posted Image
"Man is certainly stark mad; he cannot make a worm, yet he will make gods by the dozen." --(Michel Eyquem de Montaigne)

#11    BaneSilvermoon

BaneSilvermoon

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

• "You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into."

Posted 15 May 2008 - 03:32 AM

As far as stonehenge, Wally Wallington has erected a 9 ton pillar by himself.

http://www.youtube.c.../BaneSIlvermoon

"Psychic Fayre cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances"  ~Thanks Oppono Astos!!

#12    TeraLink

TeraLink

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

• Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up & kills! The people it kills get up & kill!

Posted 15 May 2008 - 09:14 PM

I don't think this is too unbelievable. It's just that there's no... Record of this technology.

TeraLink Was Here!

Music's the only thing that makes sense anymore. Play it loud enough, it keeps the demons at bay.

#13    theQ

theQ

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 11:19 PM

Your visitors or inhabitants depending on your point of view were involved with some individuals that constructed these monuments.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users