Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Suicide Bombing

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
145 replies to this topic

#136    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 25 February 2004 - 05:33 PM

Joc check the snappy and irrelevant responses section.

Itll be like reading a trip down your unexplained mysteries memory lane lol

Edited by wunarmdscissor, 25 February 2004 - 05:33 PM.

Stand up for the Champions
'MON the tic an tiocfaidh ar-la

saorsa na h-alba

#137    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 25 February 2004 - 05:37 PM

If one is to understand anything about Israel and the Palestinians, one must include the history of the Jews and the Arabs as it is related by the Bible.
Isn't it interesting to you that John, a prophet from 2000 years ago, had a vision
in which he saw the armies of the world surrounding Israel and saw China crossing Iraq with an immense army?

So your whole take on the history of this subject goes by what is written down in that ahem...reliable historical chronicle the bible.

Joc once again you excel yourself.

You do know the jews and trhe arabs were around for just a little while before the bible was written.

How far back are you gonna go......"well to truly understand the jews and the palestines one must go back to the beginning of time......" blah blah blah

what are you talking about? its a current affair IE. happening right now.

Learn about it and you might not have to quote that chronicle of the truth the bible.

saorsa na h-alba

#138    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,685 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 25 February 2004 - 05:44 PM

How far back are you gonna go......"well to truly understand the jews and the palestines one must go back to the beginning of time......" blah blah blah

Exactly!  You must go back to the beginning.  You wish to speak to something
of which you have no knowledge.  How often have you accused me of that? tongue.gif

Didn't you know that Israel came from Isaac and Islam from Ishmael, Isaacs
brother?  It is an ancient hatred.  The only thing current about it is the technology
that they use to kill each other.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#139    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 25 February 2004 - 05:47 PM

The only thing current about it is the technology
that they use to kill each other.

That's funny...huh.gif

The very reason there are suicide bombers at all is because the Palistines don't have the helicopters and planes to drop their bombs or fire their cruise missiles (if they had any cruise missiles) tongue.gif The Israilis do...and they're not shy about it either, regardless of nearby civilians or innocent bystanders.

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#140    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 25 February 2004 - 05:48 PM

I hate to be the one to say this...but I think that the hatred runs so deep on both sides of the fence that no amount of talking is going to solve the issue.

From the links I have seen here, as well as the reading that I have done on my own I think it is going to come down to a full blown war(again) with each side trying to wipe out the other(final solution thinking).

I really don't see how anyone is going to get either side to give in. Everytime there is a Palastinian bombing, there is an Israeli attack. Everytime there is an Israeli attack, there is a Palastinian bombing...Lather, Rinse, repeat ad infinitum.

I don't think either side is going to be willing to come to the table and be willing to give an concession. It sounds like it is political suicide(as well as signing your own death warrant) if you are a leader of either side and are willing to give in, in order to have peace.

No matter who you are talking to, it is always the other guys fault, completely. That mentality would have to change to get anywhere, and I just don't see that happening. Ever.

With thinking like that from the common citizen to the top of the political ranks, there is no way we are going to get anywhere without war. And lots of it.

I just wish we could somehow isolate the parties involved and let them have at it. Unfortunately that would kill so many innocent people on both sides, it would be horrible...

Having seen a glimpse of war, I am always one to see it as a last resort. I can't see anything other than all out war happening here. I hate to say that, but nothing has changed in the past 50 years, and it only seems to be getting worse as we go on.

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#141    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 25 February 2004 - 05:48 PM

LOL just because i dont think you need to go back to the beginning of time doesnt mean i dont know the history of the are.

What has the name Israel got to with it the country was founded in the 40's .

They werent going to call it palestine were they?

The bible ist a historical chronicle.

You clearly have no idea how israel was founded ata lla do you?

You have no grasp on any historical event at all and you should keep out of it.

You dont understand the history of WW2, you obviously havnt a clue what i was saying about the break up of yugoslavia, you cannot grasp world politics and your answer to the solution in the middle east was "nuke em".

You in fact seem to post without actually knowing any facts about anything except biblical eventss and meaningless parables.

saorsa na h-alba

#142    joc

joc

• 12,685 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 05:53 PM

LOL just because i dont think you need to go back to the beginning of time doesnt mean i dont know the history of the are.

What has the name Israel got to with it the country was founded in the 40's .

They werent going to call it palestine were they?

The bible ist a historical chronicle.

You clearly have no idea how israel was founded ata lla do you?

You have no grasp on any historical event at all and you should keep out of it.

You dont understand the history of WW2, you obviously havnt a clue what i was saying about the break up of yugoslavia, you cannot grasp world politics and your answer to the solution in the middle east was "nuke em".

You in fact seem to post without actually knowing any facts about anything except biblical eventss and meaningless parables.

You know, you are beginning to sound a little like Adolf Hitler. wink2.gif  

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#143    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 25 February 2004 - 05:53 PM

By the way the hatred between the Irish republicans was centuries old.

Thank god we didnt give up as easily as all u seem to want to.

That hatred was about religion, ideology, repression and pride. All of the same problems in palestine.

Is it gettin worse? NO its gettin better.

Wonder Why?

Communication is helping bring all that hatred to an end.

Edited by wunarmdscissor, 25 February 2004 - 05:55 PM.

saorsa na h-alba

#144    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 25 February 2004 - 05:54 PM

You know, you are beginning to sound a little like Adolf Hitler.

Ha ha lol

saorsa na h-alba

#145    joc

joc

• 12,685 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 09:06 PM

I hate to be the one to say this...but I think that the hatred runs so deep on both sides of the fence that no amount of talking is going to solve the issue.

Joc's quote: No it is the Hatfields who won't talk to the McCoys. I mean the McCoys won't talk to the Hatfields. Wait ...no...the Hatfields won't talk to the McCoys...uh..the McCoys won't talk to the Hatfields..........

They are both wrong!

From the links I have seen here, as well as the reading that I have done on my own I think it is going to come down to a full blown war(again) with each side trying to wipe out the other(final solution thinking).

Joc's quote
:The armies of the world are all gathered together surrounding ...of all places...
Jerusalem. China marches across Iraq with an army of 200 million. The last great battle is called Armegeddon.

Glad to see we are on the same page. thumbsup.gif

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#146    Phantom

Phantom

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

• Bad Ass Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 25 February 2004 - 09:35 PM

I'll be the bad guy:

I think this thread has officially had it. Now new points are being made and unfortunately the topic tends to bring out the worst in some people.

The one or two members that still have valid points to make are requested to use the PM function on this board or continue through email.

Thank you for your kind understanding.  thumbsup.gif  

"Do you hear that, Mr. Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability..." - Agent Smith
"Apfelschnaps, it's more than skindeep" - Kismit
"OK, don't quote me anymore..." - Mentalcase

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users