Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Suicide Bombing

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
145 replies to this topic

#46    Gazz

Gazz

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 327 posts

• "Love like this, least
    once before we die"

Posted 24 February 2004 - 12:15 AM

In many ways I am sorry I started this
thread.

I was trying to point out the double
standard the USA applies to the conflict
in Israel between palistinian islamic
terrorists, and it's own agenda or war
against terrorism.

I don't care what side you are on
terrorism is terrorism, killing people
riding on a bus, eating at a diner,
working in office buildigs is not an act
of war, no mater what your cause is
there is no way to give these kind of
attacks any justification.

The radical islamic terrorists see any
jew as a target, hell they have even
killed their own in the name of jihad.

They do not want peace with Israel they
wish for all israeli jews to be pushed
into the sea.

As I said before in any war or conflict
that results in the death of humans the
real enemy is on both sides.. and that
enemy is the pure lust to kill.

Gazz

#47    Xenojjin

Xenojjin

Absurdity

• 2,753 posts

• Life is not meaningful, therefore it is.

Posted 24 February 2004 - 02:17 AM

conclusion : were all nuts . tongue.gif

In the way, the supernatural is what's behind the curtain. Normally, you only need to see what's happening in stage. That's how reality works. If you don't know then it's for the best. Actually, learning about the supernatural only increases the number of things you don't know.

Posted Image

#48    stillcrazy

stillcrazy

Poltergeist

• 2,172 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 02:43 AM

Iím kinda surprised nobody has come to my defence and stated ĎTalonís not prejudice, he hates all people equally!'  Oh well, canít be helped.

Sorry Talon, I've been busy today and couldn't keep up with the Topic.

Everybody Talon is not a Racist. He's an equal opprotunity person who hates everyone equally, regardless of race color creed sexual pref. or country of origin. thumbsup.gif

Anyway. My opinion is still that as a species, we humans are unfit to inhabit the earth.

#49    PsychicPenguin

PsychicPenguin

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 04:25 AM

Stillcrazy, I found some nukes from India and Pakistan, but it won't be enough to eliminate the human race. I'm thinking of taking over Russia as they have big stock of nukes, ready for launch. Can you find an attack squad for that plan? grin2.gif

#50    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 24 February 2004 - 04:43 AM

I was trying to point out the double
standard the USA applies to the conflict
in Israel between palistinian islamic
terrorists, and it's own agenda or war
against terrorism.

You might as well argue the hypocracy of invading Iraq for so called humanitarian reasons, while they were willing to stand by and whistle innocently as Saddam used the weapons they gave him to murder the kurds...or why the US is happily supporting Israil despite it having violated more laws against human rights than Iraq did tongue.gif

I don't care what side you are on
terrorism is terrorism, killing people
riding on a bus, eating at a diner,
working in office buildigs is not an act
of war, no mater what your cause is
there is no way to give these kind of
attacks any justification.

The question then becomes is it 'justified' to react to terrorist attacks by slaughtering hundreds of innocent civilians at random in sadistic, government ordered acts of what can only be described as the finest example of evil in the world today?

The radical islamic terrorists see any
jew as a target, hell they have even
killed their own in the name of jihad.

The last time I checked, the population of Palistine was not composed entirerly of 'radical islamic terrorists'...although it IS the entire population of Palistine that suffer daily under the brutal regime put in place by the Israili military.

They do not want peace with Israel they
wish for all israeli jews to be pushed
into the sea.

If land was stolen from my people, and handed over to a bunch of folks who seemed to delight in murdering my friends and my neighbours in the name of 'self defence', whether or not the people they murdered had anything to do with terrorism or not, I'm want to push them into the sea too.

As I said before in any war or conflict
that results in the death of humans the
real enemy is on both sides.. and that
enemy is the pure lust to kill.

On the one hand, you have a minority group of extemists commiting car bombings and so n....on the other you have a brutal military regime that slaughters innocent people with the support of its government and, if Erikl speaks for a majority of Israilis, it's people....remind me, which side is it that has this 'lust to kill' of yours huh.gif  

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#51    Dowdy

Dowdy

Poltergeist

• 2,186 posts

• "The one thing we have learnt from history is that we learn nothing from history." Albert Einstein

Posted 24 February 2004 - 06:41 AM

do find it amusing that you call me a racist simply because I sympathise with the Palestinians yet do not say a single racist comment

Thats an interesting comment considering that you were comparing Israelis to Nazis and still don't consider yourself racist.

everything comes from lack of knowledge

your right. Educate yourselves

I urge everyone to read it that site

Israel: The Most Disputed strip of Real Estate on Planet Earth!

RED: ISRAEL
GREEN: ARAB NATIONS

user posted image

Israel  in RED , is a democratic nation 1/19th the size of California, surrounded by 22 hostile Arab/Islamic dictatorships with 640 times her size, 60 times her population...

THE PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR OF THE HMUAN MNID Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. Can you? ;)

#52    stillcrazy

stillcrazy

Poltergeist

• 2,172 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 07:17 AM

Stillcrazy, I found some nukes from India and Pakistan, but it won't be enough to eliminate the human race. I'm thinking of taking over Russia as they have big stock of nukes, ready for launch. Can you find an attack squad for that plan?

PsychicPenguin,  I got Pinky and the Brain signed up. But I'm having a hard time getting Boris and Natasha to go against the homeland. Will keep trying.

#53    Talon

Talon

UM Chess Tournament Champion 2005

• 15,003 posts

• Life, Death, Anime inbetween

Posted 24 February 2004 - 10:35 AM

And I can equal put up this site which puts the founding of Palistine at 1918.

http://www.palintefada.com/english/time1900.html

Thats an interesting comment considering that you were comparing Israelis to Nazis and still don't consider yourself racist.

You obviously don't know this, but nazism is a political ideology, not a racist slur

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#54    Talon

Talon

UM Chess Tournament Champion 2005

• 15,003 posts

• Life, Death, Anime inbetween

Posted 24 February 2004 - 10:37 AM

Also Dowdy I couldn't help but notice your site opens with the line:

" Those Who Bless Her (Israel) Will Be Blessed, And Those Who Curse Her Will Be Cursed "

Yes, very neutral

P.S. Thanks Still, you know me so well  grin2.gif  tongue.gif  thumbsup.gif

Edited by Talon S., 24 February 2004 - 10:47 AM.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#55    mowo

mowo

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 10:52 AM

I liked this particular gem of impartiality:

ISLAM: A Religion of Peace?
Or is it preparing to
sodomize the world!

#56    Stamford

Stamford

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

• Here's to better days

Posted 24 February 2004 - 11:07 AM

Firstly, as I stated before, I DO NOT support the terrorist actions of the Palestinians; however, I DO condemn the actions of the Israeli Government and the tragic waste of life on both sites.

As for the Website that Dowdy encouraged us to visit and learn? Here is one choice morsel, enjoy:

It is the primary obligation of the government to protect Jewish lives.  Israel is first and foremost a JEWISH democratic State.  It is NOT a non-sectarian, democratic country like the United States.  As such, it is absurd for anyone other than Jews to be citizens in the first place!  That is why Israel MUST revamp its Constitution making Israel unequivocally a JEWISH StateÖ with NO possibility that any other group will ever become the majority.  It is insane to have enemies of the Jewish people living anywhere within its boundaries.  So how does Israel put a stop to the explosive Israeli Arab population growth?  The same way one puts a stop to a growing cancerÖ REMOVE IT.   

Need I say more?  

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near."

Jim Morrison

"When you laugh about people, so very, very lonely their only desire is to die, well I'm afraid it doesn't make me smile. I wish I could laugh. But that joke isn't funny anymore, it's too close to home and it's too near the bone... "

The Smiths

#57    Erikl

Erikl

Alien Abducter

• 4,524 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 11:18 AM

The truth is much more complicated than any of you thinks.
First of all, you must remember that Israel is a Democracy. It stayed that way since it's birth, no matter how bad the situation was. Israel accpeted Jews from many countries, no matter what race they were (white, black, asian etc.). Israel also gave full citizenship to it's Arab population. Israel is the only place in the Middle-East where Arabs get to vote in free elections, where people are not vanishing from the streets. Israel's Arab population is composed of Palestinians that chose to stay in Israel and didn't listen to the Arab countries back in '48.
As for the refugee camps - they were built by the Arab countries in 1948 when they invaded Israel and captured Judea, Samaria and Gaza. Palestinians that went to Syria and Lebanon were put in the same camps as well. Israel actually offered money to the PA back in the '90 to dismantle the camps and relocate the refugees in the PA's territries. The PA used that money to arm itself instead of helping the population. They also used that money to spread more poision propaganda to the Palestinian people.
Israel offered 97% of the disputed territories to Arafat, and even agreed to split Jerusalem. Arafat refused, and started his Intifada.
As for Palestinian state - there was never such a state and the Palestinian identity is a late 20th century creation. The League of Nations promised the Jews all of Palestine, that is Israel and Jordan, back in the '20. Britain split that territory and gave more than 70% to Palestine's Arabic population, under the rule of the Hashmite dynasty. The Zionist Jews agreed. Then, from the begining of the '20, untill 1936, the Arabs rebelled against the British and murdered Jews. They expelled Jews from communities that they lived in for centuries (like Hebron, around Jenin, Tzfat, Jaffa, Gaza, Nabulus etc.). The British than published the "White Books", which restricted the Jews and gave the Arabs more freedom, in exchange for Arabs not murdering Jews. Then after the Great Arab rebelion of Palestine in 1936, the British agreed to split Palestine again - to a Jewish state and  an Arab state. There were numerous plans through the '30 and '40, untill the famous UN plan came along. The Jews agreed to that plan. The Arabs didn't. They started murdering Jews again, while their leader, Mufti Haj Amin Al-Husseini called the Arabs to "Kill all the Jews!". In the same time the Arab states expelled all their Jewish populations, communities that were 2,500 years old were dismantled.
After the War of 1948, the Arabs again used terrorists called Fedayeen through the '50. The Palestinians didn't ask for any independance from their Arab occupators. The PLO was founded in 1964, three years before The Six Days War.
So you see - those lands where never Palestinian lands. They were Ottoman lands, than British lands. Only in 1948 the Palestinian Arabs were given the oppotunity to get lands and a state of their own. They didn't want such any of these. They refused to accept the possibility of a Jewish state in Palestine. Palestine itself is the name the Romans gave to Eretz Israel/Canaan.
As for genocide - I don't know how you can believe the lies of totalitarian countries that murder and oppress their own citizens, and think that a western Democracy, which it's own people experience genocide, could commit such an acts. Most of what the Palestinians are telling to the rest of the world turns out to be lies. Ofcourse, their situation isn't good. They are being used by the Arab states and their own leadership as a weapon against Israel. Their government uses donations money to train terrorists and buy weapons, and spreading hate through the population. Arafat's police acts like the Gestappo - people are disapearing from the streets, hanged upside down, and stoned.
But Israel is acting in the most gentle way it can, under the risk of terrorism.
As for the pictures of Palestinians throwing stones on Israeli Tanks - if you knew anything about Tanks, you would know that if Israel's real intentions was to massacre the Palestinians, that boy with stones would never come near that Tank. He would have been shot long before he could get that close. The truth is that Israeli Tanks are expose to stones, Molotov bottles, pee, beer bottles etc. They are given strict orders to not fire anyone untill they are fired at with firearms.
As for Palestinians only using stones - that is just nonsence. Palestinians have Kasaam rockets, RPG missiles, AK, M16, boats, explosives etc. All are bought by the PA from EU and UN money.

Edited by Erikl, 24 February 2004 - 11:43 AM.

Posted Image

"We live in a world where when Christians kill Muslims, it's a crusade; When Jews kill Muslims, it's a massacre; When Muslims kill Muslims, it's the weather channel. Nobody cares"

#58    Erikl

Erikl

Alien Abducter

• 4,524 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 11:25 AM

QUOTE (Talon S. @ Feb 24 2004, 09:35 AM)

And I can equal put up this site which puts the founding of Palistine at 1918.

http://www.palintefada.com/english/time1900.html

You obviously don't know this, but nazism is a political ideology, not a racist slur

Yes, it is a political ideology. But why comparing Israelis to Nazis? Why not comparing them to Baathists, Communists, Aparthheidists, and so on (which are equally incorrect)?
The fact that you chose Nazism out of all the bad ideologies in world, shows that your comparsion was not as innocent as you would like us to think. Comparing the Jewish state to Nazi Germany, which elliminated one third of the world's Jews, is not a simple comprasion. It is not an objective critisism over Israel's policy. This is pure and simple RACISM.

Posted Image

"We live in a world where when Christians kill Muslims, it's a crusade; When Jews kill Muslims, it's a massacre; When Muslims kill Muslims, it's the weather channel. Nobody cares"

#59    Stamford

Stamford

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

• Here's to better days

Posted 24 February 2004 - 11:31 AM

This is a tough one I agree and for you living in the middle of this madness it must be a nightmare.

I have often tried to imagine how frightening it must be to sit on a bus and wonder if the guy sitting a few rows down is wrapped in explosives and have to do this day in day out.

You probably think that all of the people who are posting on this topic hate Israel; I don't and I don't think that the others do either, but we have seen the horror that effects both sides; we have seen the cafes blown to pieces and the destroyed busses, but we have also seen the dead Palestinian kids and the bulldozed homes.

What is the solution? Do you think that the current policy of your Government will work? Wasn't one of your Prime Ministers killed for being "Soft" on the Pallestinians?

I am not taking sides, I am saying that this madness needs to be approched in a different way.

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near."

Jim Morrison

"When you laugh about people, so very, very lonely their only desire is to die, well I'm afraid it doesn't make me smile. I wish I could laugh. But that joke isn't funny anymore, it's too close to home and it's too near the bone... "

The Smiths

#60    Erikl

Erikl

Alien Abducter

• 4,524 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 11:56 AM

And just a note - the site that Dowdy gave link to does not represent what most of Israelis think. The site he gave represent a Cahanist ideology. Cahana's group is considered a terrorist organization here in Israel. They were behind Izhak Rabin's assasination. The Israeli intelligence agancies have a special section for dealing with those people. They are a small minority of some hundred people or so. Most of them are behind bars, but some still out there spreading their ideology.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users