Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Bin Laden 'surrounded'

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#46    stillcrazy

stillcrazy

Poltergeist

• 2,172 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 11:10 PM

Of course there will be more ready to take thier place. Bush said this when he comitted us to fight. It may go on forever. This is almost a religious war against fundamentalist Islam. Until they decide we are no longer thier enemy, it will be a rotating door of leaders and martyrs. We will either fight or stand by and take hits. But they wont stop thier acts of terrorism against US, US interests, and acts against other countries as well. It will be tit for tat for many years to come.

That's what really bothers me. How many more innocent people are going to die because of this.

#47    DreamRebel

DreamRebel

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

• Knowledge is the weapon of choice. Those who possess it shall prevail.

Posted 25 February 2004 - 11:30 PM

[Edit] Post removed

Edited by DreamRebel, 25 February 2004 - 11:37 PM.

#48    stillcrazy

stillcrazy

Poltergeist

• 2,172 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 06:17 AM

DreamRebel, You know that you and I see a lot of things others don't.
I know these yahoo's will continue killing until they really read the koran. Ive checked a couple of sites that say suicide bombing is a sin according to the book.
The biggest problem I see, is that until these terrorist realize that the rest of the world is no longer going to put up with this form of politics, the killing of innocents
Also forbidden in the koran. But I still can't help grieve for all those who only want to live being a target for misguided idiots. I feel that if slick willie hadn't screwed US over and taken OBL when he was offered that jerks head on a platter, we would have never had a 9/11 or a lot of the other act we have been subjected to.

Peace and pray for all our troops and those who are innocent.

#49    DreamRebel

DreamRebel

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

• Knowledge is the weapon of choice. Those who possess it shall prevail.

Posted 26 February 2004 - 04:16 PM

[Edit] Post removed

Edited by DreamRebel, 26 February 2004 - 04:24 PM.

#50    stillcrazy

stillcrazy

Poltergeist

• 2,172 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 05:27 PM

Thanks DR. I hope that one of these days the madness will stop. But I know it never will as long as the people of all countries cannot or will not allow others to live thier own life and believe as they wish without forcing thier beliefs on others.
I gotta figure out if there is a way to post an AVI clip on this forum. I did a computer generated short movie after the start of the Iraq war. It's not pro or anti war. But it does show both sides of the question. I used Miss Judy Collin's version of Amazing Grace and when she saw it broke into tears even though she has performed the song a thousand times. War is never good. But it is at time needed to provide and promote peace. That's all I was trying to state.  

#51    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 26 February 2004 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE (Stamford @ Feb 25 2004, 01:12 AM)
Hey guys, do you remember the simpler cold war times?
Wow, never thought i'd miss those days.  wacko.gif

I know it is probably an inapropriate matter to joke about, I just felt compelled to post this article from The Onion(link). It just seems so fitting to the discussion and still makes me giggle when I read it.

TORA BORA, AFGHANISTAN—An emaciated and heavily bandaged Osama bin Laden offered the U.S. a final chance to surrender Monday.

Speaking via satellite, bin Laden issues a final warning to the U.S.
"Enemies of Allah, this is your last chance to leave Afghanistan alive," said a battered, soot-covered bin Laden in a videotaped statement broadcast on the Al Jazeera satellite network. "I mean it."

Staring directly into the camera with his good eye, bin Laden reiterated his vow to drive the U.S. from the country.

"You may have dozens of bases in Afghanistan. You may have thousands of bombs," bin Laden said. "But know this: We still have three or four guns and a full crate of bullets. And some knives, I think. You cannot hope to prevail."

Attached Images

• osama.jpg

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#52    stillcrazy

stillcrazy

Poltergeist

• 2,172 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 05:32 PM

F/B too funny.  grin2.gif
But prob accurate.  thumbsup.gif  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users