Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 13 votes

Atlantis is a reality find out where here

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2201 replies to this topic

#61    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

"If we would know, then we would be more wisdomed."

• 9,553 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 06 June 2008 - 06:03 PM

weareallsuckers on Jun 6 2008, 12:49 PM, said:

I'm not really a proponent of all this image overlay message in stuff but I really think you have to admit da Vinci was more than a gifted engineer.

I'm not going to let your weird worship of da Vinci detract from my question. How did he do these things you allege? For all your cargo-cult like awe of him, you have little enough respect for the things he actually believed and the things he did with his life if you can't be bothered to try to it figure out, and just chalk it up to his god-like ethos.

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#62    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 11,073 posts

• I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious. ~ Einstein

Posted 06 June 2008 - 10:55 PM

jaylemurph on Jun 7 2008, 04:03 AM, said:

I'm not going to let your weird worship of da Vinci detract from my question. How did he do these things you allege? For all your cargo-cult like awe of him, you have little enough respect for the things he actually believed and the things he did with his life if you can't be bothered to try to it figure out, and just chalk it up to his god-like ethos.

--Jaylemurph

I alledge nothing. I have no weird worship of him, maybe the OP has, nor am I in awe of him. I simply stated he was more than an engineer. Which he was. But obviously you want to stick to your guns and not admit he was.............whatever then.

"The agony and the irony, they're killing me"
Flagpole Sitta - Harvey Danger

#63    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

• 9,553 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 06 June 2008 - 11:16 PM

weareallsuckers on Jun 6 2008, 06:55 PM, said:

I alledge nothing. I have no weird worship of him, maybe the OP has, nor am I in awe of him. I simply stated he was more than an engineer. Which he was. But obviously you want to stick to your guns and not admit he was.............whatever then.

You allege he was good at everything:

Doesn't leave much else for him to do.......seems to have 'everything' covered.

There are plenty of things he wasn't good at, as far as we know: baking, masonry, ditch-digging, speaking Manchu, erotic pottery making...

I've never suggested he wasn't a deeply talented individual in a number of areas (although, as I said, all his interests were geared towards practical results, making him first and foremost an engineer), nor do I have a reluctance to admit it. What I'm descrying is this attitude that he could do *anything*, especially when you buy into some foolish mystique and don't take the trouble to learn that much about him.

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#64    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 11,073 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 02:01 AM

You asked me this: "How did he do these things you allege?"  But I alleged nothing of the things he did re: the painting. In fact I was the first one to bring up the fact that these things can't even be seen out 'Mary's' window and that the blue Vishnu is chipped paint, so I don't even know why you asked me how did he do these things I allege because I did not allege them...........sure I allege he was bordering on genius but that wasn't what you asked me.

Anyways..........I know I often 'buy into some foolish mystique' but this time I'm not buying it.

#65    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

• 9,553 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 02:14 AM

weareallsuckers on Jun 6 2008, 10:01 PM, said:

You asked me this: "How did he do these things you allege?"  But I alleged nothing of the things he did re: the painting. In fact I was the first one to bring up the fact that these things can't even be seen out 'Mary's' window and that the blue Vishnu is chipped paint, so I don't even know why you asked me how did he do these things I allege because I did not allege them...........sure I allege he was bordering on genius but that wasn't what you asked me.

Anyways..........I know I often 'buy into some foolish mystique' but this time I'm not buying it.

This is all becoming quite vexed, and I'm sure I'm doing nothing to allay it. I must apologise for myself, and clarify my intentions a bit:

I don't think da Vinci was bordering genius, he was one. He just wasn't a super-duper hyper genius that's good at everything. And I know you're not the one making elaborate claims about the artwork; but since you had some knowledge of the subject I thought you (as opposed to ISAEYEALLSEEING, whose grasp on the actual art history discussed here is slippery at best) might know. I certainly think if you do, or even if you have ideas on how he might have, you could discuss it in a far more lucid and ration manner than Isa.

--Jaylemurph

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#66    Qoais

Qoais

Government Agent

• 3,268 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 02:25 AM

grin2.gif I am at least getting a good chuckle out of this.  You ask - how did Da Vinci make a MIRROR image? I wonder if it could have been with a MIRROR? laugh.gif

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Intuitive knowledge is knowledge beyond intellectual reasoning.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."

#67    Pythia

Pythia

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 03:04 AM

Da Verminator on Jun 6 2008, 10:14 AM, said:

A very Stupid Question....

Where does ATLANTIS come into the picture of all this davinci-painting-mirror-thinga-jinga-thingy???

Well thank goodness someone asked before me! I was beginning to think I'd missed something. grin2.gif
Or maybe I did, What makes anyone think that DaVinci knew where Atlantis was to begin with?

#68    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

• 9,553 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 03:33 AM

Qoais on Jun 6 2008, 10:25 PM, said:

grin2.gif I am at least getting a good chuckle out of this.  You ask - how did Da Vinci make a MIRROR image? I wonder if it could have been with a MIRROR? laugh.gif

Ask me that after you've tried it, love.

--Jaylemurph

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#69    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 18,408 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 07 June 2008 - 02:57 PM

While da Vinci was undoubtedly gifted, throughout his adult life he was surrounded by others who were also very clever, he had many students in his workshops. While not denigrating his acheivements it was the fashion of the day (and still is) for the master to take credit for the works of the student - until the student left the master's tutelage.

He was a polymath, of that there is little doubt, but there is also nothing to state he did all this work on his own (some of course he did, and we have records to show this).

Edited by Leonardo, 07 June 2008 - 02:57 PM.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#70    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 11,073 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 10:49 PM

jaylemurph on Jun 7 2008, 12:14 PM, said:

This is all becoming quite vexed, and I'm sure I'm doing nothing to allay it. I must apologise for myself, and clarify my intentions a bit:

I don't think da Vinci was bordering genius, he was one. He just wasn't a super-duper hyper genius that's good at everything. And I know you're not the one making elaborate claims about the artwork; but since you had some knowledge of the subject I thought you (as opposed to ISAEYEALLSEEING, whose grasp on the actual art history discussed here is slippery at best) might know. I certainly think if you do, or even if you have ideas on how he might have, you could discuss it in a far more lucid and ration manner than Isa.

--Jaylemurph

I think I'll leave Leonardo and how clever/smart he was since I have no real true knowledge of him, only what I read in Wiki and the like, but I think Leonardo just added something interesting for us all and I see a comparison of that same instance even as early as Plato, many of his students did work credited to him from what I've read, possibly even Critias.

With the paintings, you know, a few posts earlier I did say I had fiddled with a mirror and put it down the nose line of some main characters, (the Mona Lisa shows a new person) particularly his Madonnas and found many made a picture of a women's part - starts with v, down low, a known part that is associated with fertilty and this people, would be more in line with what Leo saw as divine, from what I've read. I'm not sure of the name of the painting off hand but it's a dark brownish one with a hand coming in from the side and the main woman has very curly hair - you cannot miss the women's part I mentioned on this one.

If anything I think it would not be so hard to paint a mirror image such as this, simple half image, but as for the mirroring that ISA is talking about being almost superimposed that seems all too tricky.

#71    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

• 9,553 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 02:00 AM

weareallsuckers on Jun 7 2008, 06:49 PM, said:

I think I'll leave Leonardo and how clever/smart he was since I have no real true knowledge of him, only what I read in Wiki and the like, but I think Leonardo just added something interesting for us all and I see a comparison of that same instance even as early as Plato, many of his students did work credited to him from what I've read, possibly even Critias.

With the paintings, you know, a few posts earlier I did say I had fiddled with a mirror and put it down the nose line of some main characters, (the Mona Lisa shows a new person) particularly his Madonnas and found many made a picture of a women's part - starts with v, down low, a known part that is associated with fertilty and this people, would be more in line with what Leo saw as divine, from what I've read. I'm not sure of the name of the painting off hand but it's a dark brownish one with a hand coming in from the side and the main woman has very curly hair - you cannot miss the women's part I mentioned on this one.

If anything I think it would not be so hard to paint a mirror image such as this, simple half image, but as for the mirroring that ISA is talking about being almost superimposed that seems all too tricky.

Certainly food for thought, especially as many, many critics think Leo was probably queer. wink2.gif

[But I see perfectly well what you mean; and, as you say, it fits in very well with what we know about some of his less orthodox beliefs...]

--Jaylemurph

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#72    L1fe

L1fe

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 01:21 AM

This is so out there... wow... just wow... I mean where do people find the time?

Kudos for intelligence though.
your arguement though flawed was intriguing.

Question: Iím not a baby, you know.

ANSWER: I LOVE YOU.

#73    someoldguy

someoldguy

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

• [i]"There were plants and birds and rocks and things.[/i]

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:29 AM

There seems to be pretty strong historical evidence that Atlantis indeed existed, but so far no one has been able to pinpoint its current underwater location.  But I doubt whether DaVinci had any clue himself as to Atlantis' location, only theories.  If he did actually know, why the need for the veiled references?  Why wouldn't he have just come out and told where it was?

---CGM

Nothing creates controversy quite like the truth.

#74    ISAEYEALLSEEING

ISAEYEALLSEEING

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

• Know-what-is-in-the-presence of-your face,
    and what-is-hidden to-you, will-be-revealed forth
    to-you, no-thing, being-hidden will-appear
    forth not

Posted 09 June 2008 - 10:02 AM

someoldguy on Jun 9 2008, 10:29 AM, said:

There seems to be pretty strong historical evidence that Atlantis indeed existed, but so far no one has been able to pinpoint its current underwater location.  But I doubt whether DaVinci had any clue himself as to Atlantis' location, only theories.  If he did actually know, why the need for the veiled references?  Why wouldn't he have just come out and told where it was?

I believe it was because he was warned not to as he was a grandmaster of the Priory of Sion from 1510-1519 an organization linked to freemasonary and would have sworn oaths not to speak about it , but I guess the oath didnt cover hiding the secrets within the images he created

It seems that leonardo placed 33 degrees in another of his famous works
THE MONA LISA

only reinforcing for me that they are litterally pointing towards the location of ATLANTIS

linked-image

ISA

MY NEW BLOG WITH NEW VIDEOS http://atlantis-redi...blogspot.co.uk/

IF YOU WANT TO READ THE MOST READ THREAD ON THIS FORUM CLICK THIS LINK http://www.unexplain...howtopic=127142

#75    someoldguy

someoldguy

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

• [i]"There were plants and birds and rocks and things.[/i]

Posted 09 June 2008 - 11:17 AM

I believe it was because he was warned not to as he was a grandmaster of the Priory of Sion from 1510-1519 an organization linked to freemasonary

Priory of Sion???

That didn't exist until the 1950s, long, long after DaVinci left this world:

http://priory-of-sion.com/psp/id43.html

---CGM

Nothing creates controversy quite like the truth.