Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Girl finds her virtual twin?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1    clockworkgirl21

clockworkgirl21

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 04:01 AM

I heard about this on Ripley's Believe It Or Not, and wondered if anyone could find anything on it, because it sounds so unbelievable!

This girl writes her name and phone number on a slip of paper, and asks for whoever finds it to give her a call. She ties it to a balloon, and lets it go into the air. Hundreds of miles away, a girl finds the letter in her backyard. She gives the girl a call, and this is where the weird stuff happens. These two girls have the exact same name, same birthdate, their parents have the same names and careers, ect. That's just a bit too unbelievable for me.

One can always be kind to people about whom one cares nothing.
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1891

www.youthrights.org
We think kids are people too? We must be insane.

#2    ZombieHunter117

ZombieHunter117

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 05:28 AM

Well thats one in a million very good story but you know it might be because the parents were raised the same and go back like that on and on. The world works in mysterious ways.

Live life to the fullest and remeber people have there own code for life respect that

Closest to heaven I will ever be

#3    Elite

Elite

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

• ''If you cant beat them, arrange to have them beaten'' - Me

Posted 03 June 2008 - 09:13 PM

i think the question here is WHY THE HELL WOULD U DO THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE what is she lonely or something

#4    -Jaded.Silhouette-

-Jaded.Silhouette-

Psychic Spy

• 1,271 posts

• "...what is truth for us today may be just a stepping stone to a higher understanding that may be given to us tomorrow." -Jwnody

Posted 03 June 2008 - 09:35 PM

That really isn't a safe thing to do.. it's almost as bad as posting that on the net.

#5    Crovus v2.0

Crovus v2.0

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 370 posts

• Your life is yours. Rise up and live it.

Posted 04 June 2008 - 02:05 AM

Her name wouldn't happen to have been like... Amy Smith or something like that would it? tongue.gif Daughter of John Smith... lol

-C

"People are stupid. They'll believe any lie. Either because they fear it to be true, or wish it were so."

#6    Hocus

Hocus

Psychic Spy

• 1,786 posts

• "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
    - Albert Einstein

Posted 04 June 2008 - 12:24 PM

well theres a supposed myth that for every person in the world the have an exact opposite basically an identical twin like they will have same name look the same have the same hobbies there friends have the same names and so on. but you will never cross paths because  if you did you would become insane. i personally think this is true but rather than you twin exisiting in this earth i believe it exists in another dimension somehwere.

"To consider the earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow"
-Methodorus.
Greek philosopher of the fourth century B.C.

#7    chrisfreak

chrisfreak

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

• Real men drink beer, eat meat and listen to metal

Posted 04 June 2008 - 12:28 PM

Or probably they have many similarities, but not as much as what the TV says. You know, sometimes they have to exaggerate stories.

#8    The Paranormal Skeptic

The Paranormal Skeptic

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 12:34 PM

hocus on Jun 4 2008, 01:24 PM, said:

well theres a supposed myth that for every person in the world the have an exact opposite basically an identical twin like they will have same name look the same have the same hobbies there friends have the same names and so on. but you will never cross paths because  if you did you would become insane. i personally think this is true but rather than you twin exisiting in this earth i believe it exists in another dimension somehwere.

If this is true it could explain the spirit mimic phenomenon

The only thing worse than a cynic are the close minded believers.

Pork Rhine

Strange Frequencies Radio

#9    Dilna

Dilna

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 12:46 PM

Black_Swamp_Paranormal on Jun 4 2008, 01:34 PM, said:

If you ever did come face to face with a person who looks like you, you would still deny the fact that he/she looks like you.  It is only other people who find similarities between two different people.  So

#10    The Paranormal Skeptic

The Paranormal Skeptic

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 02:04 PM

Dilna on Jun 4 2008, 12:46 PM, said:

If you ever did come face to face with a person who looks like you, you would still deny the fact that he/she looks like you.  It is only other people who find similarities between two different people.  So

This is probably why identical twins will say "how canít you tell us apart we look nothing alike."

The only thing worse than a cynic are the close minded believers.

Pork Rhine

Strange Frequencies Radio

#11    Guayamar

Guayamar

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 07:21 PM

The story sounds improbable, but definitely not impossible...

The fact is that unless you have a very unique name, there are going to be several other people with the identical name. The parents having the same (or similar) names is less frequent, but still happens often enough...I have seen this personally seen that with people having identical names and with ONE parent having the same name, so why not two?

The part about the letter being found by the correct person is not at all strange. According to the story, the letter was found in the other girl's "backyard". It does not say that the balloon landed in her yard. So, all that means is that somebody else living within the wider area found the original letter, and on looking at the envelope sees (for example) Debbie Jones, and thinks - this is strange, but I better go and pass this letter on to Debbie.

Why they placed the letter in the backyard instead of handing it in directly at the door seems a bit unusual (but not too bizarre); there could be several reasons - such as nobody being home at the Jones' house at the time...etc. So there is nothing unbelievable about the letter eventually ending up in the hands of the person with the same name.    

Overall, this entire scenario is a bit unlikely but by no means impossible. However, I agree that it is a bit risky to do things like this...you never know who would open the letter and call your number...

#12    rainbow_carnage

rainbow_carnage

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 46 posts

• And your spinning like a 45, ballerina dancing to you rock n roll

Posted 04 June 2008 - 08:18 PM

I believe this is true, I read about it in a book about coincidences written by a reputable author a while ago

#13    clockworkgirl21

clockworkgirl21

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 03:14 AM

...and I had to go look that up. What's wrong with me? Something else to creep me out.

I believe this is true, I read about it in a book about coincidences written by a reputable author a while ago

Remember any details about this book?

One can always be kind to people about whom one cares nothing.
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1891

www.youthrights.org
We think kids are people too? We must be insane.

#14    Breakbeat

Breakbeat

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 228 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 05:27 AM

i think i saw this before. they were twins that got separated or something along those lines.

#15    nativechick1989

nativechick1989

Forum Divinity

• 22,946 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 05:33 PM

Parallel Universe blink.gif

Yeah, I heard about the .... You have a twin somewhere .... I think it's highly unlikely, but thats just me mellow.gif

Interesting tho yes.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users