Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 3 votes

What is the Crux of Being?

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#46    Orion von Koch

Orion von Koch

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:41 PM

Fabulousa on Nov 5 2008, 03:03 AM, said:

Doubt that because the only time people are satisfied is when they know too much.....then its too late

The old texts of the Hindu indicate that reality was a love-act of "seeing" the gods (Devas) or "bright ones," and to be mirrored by that power with an observation or feedback. The process of "seeing" the deity was the sacred part of life called "Dar-san." The believer was consecrated by just the act of Dar-san and thus became all knowing, or worthy of being. Seeing was a form of touching or quantifying (measuring for value). The eye that comprehended the All was the third eye, which went beyond five-sensory perception into the realm of intuition and hyperphysics. The world of the ancient Hindu was many faceted and many godded -- what some would term "Holospirited."

Look up the holographic universe theory and apply it to your reflections.

#47    Orion von Koch

Orion von Koch

Psychic Spy

• 1,096 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 10:45 PM

Hidden deeply in the current research and development surrounding the disciplines of Virtual Reality, there lurks a potentially new understanding of immortality and Divine Providence.  Virtual Reality, which means the experiencing of an implied state of alternate being in a tacit environment of sensual stimuli that contributes to an illusionary or augmented reality for the one who experiences, is about to blow the lid off of current philosophical and religious understanding.  VR will literally shake the groundworks of all philosophies of reality and establish a new vortex of universal understanding in the mind of future humanity.  We will soon see the roots and constructions of life, spirit, and matter through this new lens on tomorrow.

Virtual Reality is a human endeavor to participate in a computer-created world via computerized sensors such as viewing goggles, gloves or a total sensor-suit.  Those who travel in this newly created world can experience perceptual stimuli that approaches the visual and tactile expressions of reality.  The Department of Defense and NASA have plans to converge robotics with VR to allow a cybernaut to travel, work, and fight in hostile environs while controlled by a human at a remote site.  With such capabilities, we would be able to explore the universe from our own living rooms.  Imagine putting on a head-mounted display and body-sensor suit that would correspond to sensors in a robot that might be millions of miles away -- say on Mars.  You could actually become part of a cyber-being that would interact with the Martian environment.  You would be able to experience all the wonders of such a far away place in a direct sensory manner.  

No discovery or invention of man can hold a candle to the blue-white laser blast that is about to flash across the horizon of humanity's existence in this manifest state of earthly being.  The automobile, television, space travel-- you name it, nothing means more to us than the idea that is hidden in the physics and metaphysics of Virtual Reality.  This idea will serve as a point of departure to new dimensions of amplified being.  The idea is the understanding of the meaning of Logos or Reason.  If we are careful in this first step on the threshold of the absolute, we will begin to decipher the codes that will send us into the occupation of universe-building.

How can this be?  The last time mankind came so close to the gods, they gave the tower of Babylon its namesake with many languages to confuse the feebleminded being, that would dare to learn the meaning of life.  This time, if we are cautious, we may finally join the lesser gods in springing into a whole new dimension of understanding.  Virtual Reality, along with the understandings of Fractal Geometry, Nanotechnology, Holography, Laser-tech, and other leading-edge, computer driven technologies, will show us the way to how Deity and Its powerful energy or spirit can broadcast itself into the virtual reality that we all are experiencing at present...the universe.

According to Michael Heim, who wrote the 1993 version of The Metaphysics of Virtual Reality, there are seven divergent directions that VR research is moving through.  They are:  Simulation, Interaction (augmented reality), Artificiality, Immersion, Telepresence, Full-body Immersion, and Networked Communications.  These seven directions will someday reconvene offering humanity the tools to recreate himself.  Marry the newly advocated theory of a Holographic Universe touted by David Bohm, Karl Pribram and Michael Talbot, then charge its mathematics with Benoit Mandelbrot's Fractal Geometry (which can emulate all known visual universes) and we are on our way to seeing the deeper aspects of existence.  

Virtual reality will soon allow us to become anyone, anything, anywhere, anyhow, anywho-beings when we flip the switch and step into a high resolution, 3-dimensional visual-sound, pheromone aided environment.  There, our real sensory systems will suffer a paradigm shift into a world augmented by heads-up displays of hypertext, cyberspace/form, and amplified knowledge available in a mirror-world context, at speeds that will seem like reality is blending into super-reality.  We will be able to learn everything we learned in high school in a few short sessions.  If Marshall McLuhan thought that television rendered high school obsolete, then VR will render education meaningless.  All knowledge will be gestalt and inherent.  

Total access will be at our behest.  You will be able to live through any animal; dive to the depths of your own blood stream; repair your own body from within, live in deep space in a robot body that will become your home or work away from home, and when the robot sleeps you repair and feed (energize) it and yourself.  You may even share in your robots dreams.  You will be able to visit virtual worlds within virtual worlds and might even lose yourself and die in a virtual world before realizing that you really are alive in your own living room.  Of course, you may really be dead.

Can you see what I am showing you?  Who is to say whether or not our lives are really virtual realities for ourselves or a higher form.  Localization is suspect.  Where do you truly exist?  The ancient Essenes said that you exist as spirit or animator occupying a form.  You are eternal the form is an experience.  Modern day religions say the same thing.  Is religion really technology that we think is magical but its really VR in true syntax.  Sumerian texts say that the gods came to earth to work the gold mines and became tired.  They made a lesser man (via genetic engineering?) and dismembered (divided) a god to use his breath or spirit to drive the beings they made.  Many ancient religions such as the Aztecs, Egyptians and others speak of the many faceted god that occupies all of us in our clay-based bodies.

What we are learning today about evolving Physics (another word for Godhood) in Quantum areas, shows us that locating the being on one level is extremely difficult at another level.  Flesh and blood or "meat" as William Gibson referred to our bodies in his book Neuromancer, is matter that is glued together by a matrix of being driven by the irradiating force of a peculiar light.  This thinking, vibrant mind-form seems to be on board a body but is extremely elusive when brain studies are conducted.  What animates our brains and remembers, acts exactly like a holographic entity because it does not necessarily lose its memory even when 90% of the brain is inactive or cut away.  A hologram that is fragmented can reconstitute the original when light is passed through the part.  The part knows the whole.  The holographic-like brain seems to act as an interface to reality--a lens of complex sensory capability that allows a spirit to manipulate the toys of a dimensional virtual reality via waves and interference waves of information animated in feedback loops.

#48    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 19,338 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 07 November 2008 - 04:38 AM

I am going to be really simple here. "We exist therefore we think."

We are either a created, or an evolutionarily evolved, organism which includes a bioorganic brain. That brain processes data from external sources but has also learned to process and evaluate secondary data from inside itself; reflections, extralpolations, creative solutions etc.

There is nothing particularly mysical or inexplicable about this. Human scientists can already destroy memories and create false ones indistinguishable from real ones. Soon they will be able to retrieve, store and  replicate everything which exists in a human brain and makes us what we are.
I understand and appreciate your last post, but it is really an overthinking typical of the human brain, which tends to think because it can, and because it is driven to do so. Nothing wrong with creating inventive scenarios, but great dangers in confusing them with reality.
I also think your last sentence or two mistates actual scientific findings in this area, but i am open to correction on this. Certainly brains have very specific functions for specific parts. it has just been dicovered that say facial recognition of a paricular face may be stored in one single cell/neuron in the brain. Thus, while a brain can survive and function well despite massive trauma in some cases , in others minor damage to very isolated areas can result in great loss of important neurological functions or memory.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#49    Orion von Koch

Orion von Koch

Psychic Spy

• 1,096 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 02:59 PM

Mr Walker on Nov 6 2008, 10:38 PM, said:

I am going to be really simple here. "We exist therefore we think."

We are either a created, or an evolutionarily evolved, organism which includes a bioorganic brain. That brain processes data from external sources but has also learned to process and evaluate secondary data from inside itself; reflections, extralpolations, creative solutions etc.

There is nothing particularly mysical or inexplicable about this. Human scientists can already destroy memories and create false ones indistinguishable from real ones. Soon they will be able to retrieve, store and  replicate everything which exists in a human brain and makes us what we are.
I understand and appreciate your last post, but it is really an overthinking typical of the human brain, which tends to think because it can, and because it is driven to do so. Nothing wrong with creating inventive scenarios, but great dangers in confusing them with reality.
I also think your last sentence or two mistates actual scientific findings in this area, but i am open to correction on this. Certainly brains have very specific functions for specific parts. it has just been dicovered that say facial recognition of a paricular face may be stored in one single cell/neuron in the brain. Thus, while a brain can survive and function well despite massive trauma in some cases , in others minor damage to very isolated areas can result in great loss of important neurological functions or memory.

Mr. Walker — I too thought like you when I was in college some 45 years ago. Then I purchased some 2,500 books and began to read as deeply as I could. I suggest you read Paul Davies and David Bohm before commenting so emphatically. Then, go somewhere way out in the world of nature and be all by yourself and look far and wide in silence. Let the universe speak to you and you will begin to realize why I am in total awe of just being here. Existence is massively much more than the simple explanation we both have offered. We are indeed so damn dumb that we cannot see what is right before us. It is only the present moment that we discern smashing into our faces as the wind of potential blows as always. If you cannot see the BIG in front of you, then we have nothing to talk about. I suggest you read, THE TEMPLE OF MAN.

#50    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 19,338 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 09 November 2008 - 12:16 AM

Orion von Koch on Nov 8 2008, 01:29 AM, said:

Mr. Walker — I too thought like you when I was in college some 45 years ago. Then I purchased some 2,500 books and began to read as deeply as I could. I suggest you read Paul Davies and David Bohm before commenting so emphatically. Then, go somewhere way out in the world of nature and be all by yourself and look far and wide in silence. Let the universe speak to you and you will begin to realize why I am in total awe of just being here. Existence is massively much more than the simple explanation we both have offered. We are indeed so damn dumb that we cannot see what is right before us. It is only the present moment that we discern smashing into our faces as the wind of potential blows as always. If you cannot see the BIG in front of you, then we have nothing to talk about. I suggest you read, THE TEMPLE OF MAN.

Thats interesting. I too went to college/university (about 40 years ago) I started reading before the age of two. I read about a millon words a week. I did possess a personal library of some 10,000 books until they went upin smoke,along with every other physical possession, in a major bushfire. I spend hours each week walking deserted beaches, and geocaching (where i might be the only person for dozens of square miles in the australian bush with only a gps to find my way home again.) I am in  constant awe and i know that most people dont understand themselves, let alone have a hope of  understanding their local universes  and their connection to it .

My reading of anything from most 20 century science fiction, to histories and personal accounts of most ages, has helped me appreciate my cultural context, but also to understand and expand my consciousness beyond it, to both the past and into the future.
I tell you these things because, if our opinions differ, i recognise that those differences are natural, and perhaps arrived at by different workings of our minds, despite quite similar backgrounds. While we live, our human minds are the most wondrous organism i can think of. We are only beginning to measure how they work and what they are capable of.

Independent of all other things, such as an acknowledgement of the physical reality of god, and his operation within human parameters/consciousness, one thing stands out to me. The universe exists, and exists almost  entirely independently of man and his consciousness. But the mind/sentience/selfaware consciousness of man both defines our perception of, and interaction with, the universe; and also increases the future potentialities for the universe.

Humans do have a very good chance of becoming beings which can radically change; them selves, their entire local universe, and in time, the entire universe.  

With that power goes great responsibility. Not only our survival, and thus all the potentialities inherent in our survival, but also the survival and shape/form of, first our local bit of the universe(starting with our world/solar system), and before long the wider universe depends on learning  those understandings i spoke of earlier and also the wisdom and courage to make full use of those understandings of self, universe and the relationship between the two

Although restricted, as anyone is, by my own cultural and historical perspectives, despite all my reading, reflection and ongoing learning; i see humanity on the cusp of an age where they become gods them selves; ie virtually immortal , capable of the physical manipulation of the nature and shape of matter and energy, and relying less on the physical creation/manipulation of physical material objects, and more on a biological, molecular and energy  based manipulations. I want us to be "good" creative gods, not "Evil" destructive ones, and to add to the potentialities of the universe rather than to detract from, or restrict them.
As for emphatic, that is true. I dont have the time anymore not to state my opinions/beliefs clearly and enphatically. I believe/hold them logically to be true, quite passionately . However, as ive said before. I recognise that these are personal truths, as are anyone's truths. I acknowledge other people have  honest and valid different opinions on many things, and even if i think they are wrong, i respect their opinions and accept the infinitesimable possibility that very, very, occasionally, i might be -w-r-o-n-g- not completely correct in my world views. rofl.gif

Bsaically i think that existence just is. It is merely our perception of it which makes it (for you) extremely complex; or (for me) extremely simple
To quote another cartoon character packed with wisdom. "I yam what i yam, cos i eats my spinach, im popeye the sailor man.Toot toot"
I am what i am, and i am a product of the internal workings of my mind, combining with the data (spinach) that i take in. That data/spinach and my internal organic brain makes me what i am, and determines my relationship with the universe. If i take in lots of spinach, i will be like popeye, if i eat too many hamburgers i'll become more like whimpy.

Edited by Mr Walker, 09 November 2008 - 12:51 AM.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#51    Orion von Koch

Orion von Koch

Psychic Spy

• 1,096 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 02:44 AM

Very well written and impressive. I too have a family Library of some 9,000 volumes but now we all have the internet and that has amplified our abilities to read virtually everything. Lord, what a time to awaken to our becoming. To you I will say Anon. You are a proven intellect with a different reading of the Holo-spirited realm as espoused by David Bohm and others. I am attempting to gather dialogue here, and hope your viewpoint will not hinder some of us to stretch into other realms of thought.

I was not a good reader and had to work very hard at keeping my mind on words. My uncles were deans of universities and I naturally attempted to rise to their challenges. So at the age of 12 I started reading my uncles' Chemistry and Physics books. I started college in the 7th grade but did not like the older kids, so I soon opted out to have fun with my neighborhood buds. I went to bed every night with books galore. To what impact it made on me I really do not know, but I do know that I literally eat the thoughts found in all my books and my dreams take care of the rest.

With each moment that fleets past me, I am brought to a deeper understanding of my own presence of being here in Time/Space. How one descends into deeper and more complex thought often times is comprehended by myself, but upon waking to a new day, it flies away into forgotten realms. Riding life is like riding a big white bubble that may burst at any moment. Whatever this thing is, I feel as though I am experiencing a presence and immersion in a massive pool of pure plasma-like mentality. It feels like a broadcast of data that becomes solid to my senses. Deep thought impacts an anvil when pounded too hard.

According to Paul Davies, one of those great thinkers that I love to read — this is what one is faced with when trying to ascertain what being here is all about. He states, “Throughout history philosophers and mystics have sought a compact key to universal wisdom, a finite formula or text which, when known and understood, would provide the answer to every question. The bible, and Koran, the mythical secret books of Hermes Trismegistus, and the medieval Jewish Cabala have been so regarded. Sources of universal wisdom are traditionally protected from casual use by being hard to find, hard to understand when found, and dangerous to use, tending to answer more and deeper questions than the user wishes to ask. Like God the esoteric book is simple yet indescribable, omniscient, and transforms all who know it…Omega is in many senses a cabalistic number. It can be known of, but not known, through human reason. To know it in detail, one would have to accept its incomputable digit sequence on faith, like words of a sacred text.”

I too have read and reread all those old books and now I am at my rope’s end. My dreams are now amplifying my thought process. I am now having many dreams about the First Time or the Ground Floor of Creation. I find myself walking in realms that are not supported by a base-earth; but are sustained by mentality. In order to see, one must first have light and then be able to see to make an eye. This is where I always find myself in my dreams, making an eye. The dichotomy of facing such an impossible task is indeed daunting. Yet, mankind is now able to Design with DNA and if we break this code, can we create a better eye. I for one would wish for an eye with the visual acuity of a peregrine falcon — a raptor’s eyes.

Many times, I think that in the day of the archons or those who did design aspects of this reality, and I know that program must still exist since my DNA is here — Their computer must have been phenomenal in order to output, some entity that coincides within the parameters of Space and Time. I always think of a Zebra being built or conceived. Of course one must have first designed Space and Time. I for one think that it Space/Time has always existed in some fashion. “Always” is a subject few of us can comprehend. But, to my way of thinking it is a must to existence.

Edited by Orion von Koch, 09 November 2008 - 02:57 AM.

#52    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 19,338 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 07:03 AM

In many ways we sound very similar

I went to bed every night with books galore. To what impact it made on me I really do not know, but I do know that I literally eat the thoughts found in all my books and my dreams take care of the rest.

Did you take a torch, and read under the blankets after your otherwise biblophile parents insisted that you really needed to  stop reading and go to sleep?

My great grandfather ,who was educated in the george herriot schools in scotland, emigrated to australia in 1870. Starting in small country schools he eventually became one of the  first senior inspectors of schools in south australia. at the time the new state compulsory education act and system was introduced.

He introduced the concept of phonetic spelling ie C A T spells cat, and was a founding member of the  state teaching union. He insisted that his inheritance to all his children would be only a good education, and that with  this they could make anything of their lives. You can still find his inspectors notes on the internet, where he talks about the need to individualise education for students, and the need for an attractive and motivating environmment to best facilitate learning, among other things.

Either by nature or nurture, that philosophy carried down through most descendants. I remember my father saying exactly the same thing. "I cant afford to give you much, but the greatest riches i can give you i will, and that is a good education"

I do not mean to hinder others progress, and hopefully by adding another opinion, or world view, i will help rather than hinder, but i appreciate what you mean.

My life has been very different and complex in some ways, and I have worked hard to reduce it to simplicity and the essentials, much like the bloke who refused to own more than 32 objects in his life. (the number is nominal, it might have been a few more or less) If he needed a different one, he made himself dispose of  the one he least needed. I do the same, but philosophically.

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#53    Orion von Koch

Orion von Koch

Psychic Spy

• 1,096 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 01:28 PM

Mr Walker on Nov 9 2008, 01:03 AM, said:

In many ways we sound very similar

Did you take a torch, and read under the blankets after your otherwise biblophile parents insisted that you really needed to  stop reading and go to sleep?

My great grandfather ,who was educated in the george herriot schools in scotland, emigrated to australia in 1870. Starting in small country schools he eventually became one of the  first senior inspectors of schools in south australia. at the time the new state compulsory education act and system was introduced.

He introduced the concept of phonetic spelling ie C A T spells cat, and was a founding member of the  state teaching union. He insisted that his inheritance to all his children would be only a good education, and that with  this they could make anything of their lives. You can still find his inspectors notes on the internet, where he talks about the need to individualise education for students, and the need for an attractive and motivating environmment to best facilitate learning, among other things.

Either by nature or nurture, that philosophy carried down through most descendants. I remember my father saying exactly the same thing. "I cant afford to give you much, but the greatest riches i can give you i will, and that is a good education"

I do not mean to hinder others progress, and hopefully by adding another opinion, or world view, i will help rather than hinder, but i appreciate what you mean.

My life has been very different and complex in some ways, and I have worked hard to reduce it to simplicity and the essentials, much like the bloke who refused to own more than 32 objects in his life. (the number is nominal, it might have been a few more or less) If he needed a different one, he made himself dispose of  the one he least needed. I do the same, but philosophically.

Your quest for education seems adequate and equates with mine. Perhaps you are from the same sector of the universe as I. My ancestors on my mother's side came from Scotland also — McDonalds.

#54    Orion von Koch

Orion von Koch

Psychic Spy

• 1,096 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:32 AM

R. A. Schwaller de Lubicz said, “for the concept of the “Sacred” we can accept the following definition: sacred is that which appears “causal and has an immutable — or intangible, or indefinable character, because of what we know or accept to be true, or to what we give our faith. Also sacred will be the promise made to a dying person.” Lubicz words are filled with deep insight that goes beyond the ability of most humans to digest. It is beyond my own awareness except when I go to Nature and stand there alone listening to the sound of waves crashing against the resistance off shore. The water creates music with each and every deviation. When I look at the purity of Nature and inhale its presence, I feel real and true for I am at one with the sacred moment of fleeting consciousness. This communication of a known language of symbols creates a euphoria of indescribable essence. It is where I pray to be for eternity — there in the observation of ongoing creation.

#55    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 18,400 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 13 November 2008 - 05:41 PM

There is no evidence for any purpose for being beyond the very clinical propagation of genetic heredity to a future generation. It is possible that, with the rise of sentience and self-awareness in humans with the result of our ability to comprehend mortality and the finality of non-existence, such philosophising about 'purpose' had to develop to protect our fragile egos from our own intellect and ability to think in abstract.

The contemplation of some higher purpose or future role or destination for some perceived 'non-physical being', in this sense, is a survival mechanism.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#56    Orion von Koch

Orion von Koch

Psychic Spy

• 1,096 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 04:54 PM

Leonardo on Nov 13 2008, 11:41 AM, said:

There is no evidence for any purpose for being beyond the very clinical propagation of genetic heredity to a future generation. It is possible that, with the rise of sentience and self-awareness in humans with the result of our ability to comprehend mortality and the finality of non-existence, such philosophising about 'purpose' had to develop to protect our fragile egos from our own intellect and ability to think in abstract.

The contemplation of some higher purpose or future role or destination for some perceived 'non-physical being', in this sense, is a survival mechanism.

The evidence is knowing yourself — KNOW THY SELF. The very fact that you exist is gargantuan. Don't sell yourself short. Indeed I know the power of humanity beyond the pale. I have experienced the insight of euphoric states and knowledge passed from elsewhere to this forum of existence. Through Meditation and prayer, one may cultivate a deeper sense beyond self-awareness and enter the fiery intelligence that pervades the very fabric of our existence. I too once was a materialist then I began moving on to new more powerful aspects of being and becoming. If one seeks to grow, I suggest one should read and reread the Kabbalah. THE COSMIC CHRIST is another departure to amplified reality. Manly P. Hall's SECRET TEACHINGS OF ALL AGES is also a great source of amplified wisdom. Those still stuck in academia need to look to the root of their departure. There is much more to learn and little time to learn it. What is the present moment?

To position as Leonardo is an abject sin. He was beyond most and certainly akin to the Fiery Intellect.

Edited by Orion von Koch, 14 November 2008 - 04:59 PM.

#57    Max.L

Max.L

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 05:20 PM

Orion von Koch on Jun 6 2008, 03:53 AM, said:

. I am a Gnostic Christian so please realize where I come from.

Explains pretty much the stuff you post.

Quote :  Without the primary sources, those named Gnostics were portrayed as not being true disciples, to some as not even being Christians.  Throughout history they were slandered for denying "reality," as being absolute "dualist" and" idealist.
source : ( www.gnosticschristians.com )

Right now , he is proving to us that the Gnostics do deny reality , and are idealists.

Edited by Max.L, 14 November 2008 - 05:21 PM.

Everyone has a right to be stupid but you my friend, are abusing it.

Fallaces Sunt Rerum Species

#58    Orion von Koch

Orion von Koch

Psychic Spy

• 1,096 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 05:33 PM

Max.L on Nov 14 2008, 11:20 AM, said:

Explains pretty much the stuff you post.

Quote :  Without the primary sources, those named Gnostics were portrayed as not being true disciples, to some as not even being Christians.  Throughout history they were slandered for denying "reality," as being absolute "dualist" and" idealist.
source : ( www.gnosticschristians.com )

Right now , he is proving to us that the Gnostics do deny reality , and are idealists.

Position as you will, I am also a Rosicrucian, a Mason and have taught Philosophy. You must have something against a Gestaltist.

Show me some of what you know rather than Google your Informal Fallacy and non-sequiturs.

Edited by Orion von Koch, 14 November 2008 - 05:35 PM.

#59    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 14 November 2008 - 05:38 PM

Orion von Koch on Nov 14 2008, 05:33 PM, said:

Position as you will, I am also a Rosicrucian, a Mason and have taught Philosophy. You must have something against a Gestaltist.

Show me some of what you know rather than Google your Informal Fallacy and non-sequiturs.

Oh look another career. How many is that now? To get all the positions you have claimed you must have spent nearly your entire life doing degree's and then what working for a week?

Leonardo's point is excellently made. You conjecture and use bad science, but there is really no evidence of anything except procreation being the purpose for being.

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#60    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 18,400 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 14 November 2008 - 08:20 PM

Orion von Koch on Nov 14 2008, 04:54 PM, said:

The evidence is knowing yourself — KNOW THY SELF. The very fact that you exist is gargantuan. Don't sell yourself short. Indeed I know the power of humanity beyond the pale. I have experienced the insight of euphoric states and knowledge passed from elsewhere to this forum of existence. Through Meditation and prayer, one may cultivate a deeper sense beyond self-awareness and enter the fiery intelligence that pervades the very fabric of our existence. I too once was a materialist then I began moving on to new more powerful aspects of being and becoming. If one seeks to grow, I suggest one should read and reread the Kabbalah. THE COSMIC CHRIST is another departure to amplified reality. Manly P. Hall's SECRET TEACHINGS OF ALL AGES is also a great source of amplified wisdom. Those still stuck in academia need to look to the root of their departure. There is much more to learn and little time to learn it. What is the present moment?

To position as Leonardo is an abject sin. He was beyond most and certainly akin to the Fiery Intellect.

I do know myself, Orion. I also know those 'states of euphoria' you speak of are simply self-induced (or induced via psychotropics) neurochemical 'highs'. You really need to study neurology and neurotechnology as this will give great insight into what are commonly termed altered states of being. I have only brushed the surface of these topics and can already see so much in how they explain what we call the mystical.

As for my avatar, I don't 'position' myself as Da Vinci. I admire the intellect he held, that he was a true polymath, but do not see myself as some modern Leonardo. Mainly, I chose the name because it was not already taken!

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users