Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Waterloo: The Blood Sport World Cup

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you support Blood Sports? (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you support Blood Sports?

1. Yes (2 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

2. No (14 votes [87.50%])

Percentage of vote: 87.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61    Talon

Talon

UM Chess Tournament Champion 2005

• 15,003 posts

• Life, Death, Anime inbetween

Posted 27 February 2004 - 01:36 AM

grin2.gif Lol that was funny  grin2.gif

But, as I said, I don't eat mammals, which includes the pigs  tongue.gif  and I've already said I only buy free range meats chickens and eggs.

As for fish farming I'm well aware of whats going on.

However this does not change the fact that poor animals are being killed in the country side by people who are only there to watch animals die, if you weren't you wouldn't be there and simply buy the animals at later dates.

And as of yet nobody has replied to the artical about 3/4 of shot pheasants simply being buried.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#62    Thistle

Thistle

Mighty Midget Queen of the Faeries

• 2,284 posts

• Stick Girl

Posted 27 February 2004 - 01:44 AM

QUOTE (Talon S. @ Feb 27 2004, 01:36 AM)

However this does not change the fact that poor animals are being killed in the country side by people who are only there to watch animals die, if you weren't you wouldn't be there and simply buy the animals at later dates.

And as of yet nobody has replied to the artical about 3/4 of shot pheasants simply being buried.

Hmmmmmmm, I don't go to watch them die !!!!!!!! I go to work my dog......and get free pheasants in return for doing it.  thumbsup.gif

As for the article about 3/4 of shot pheasants being buried......that is a disgrace !!!!! ....whichever shoot is responsible for that amount of waste should be ashamed of themselves......I can only repeat that this does not happen on any shoot that I go to.

#63    Scar

Scar

Forum Bum

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts

• No man is an island, but some of us are pretty long peninsulas.

Posted 27 February 2004 - 01:54 AM

Scar puts down Shovel Eh !

Yes yes poor animals , I know !

" if you weren't you wouldn't be there and simply buy the animals at later dates."

Is that meant for me ? and if not then refrain from the word you implying me causing offense to me when you mean they which is diffrent from me  tongue.gif

You see  thumbsup.gif

Talon Lets finish this

Killing for fun is Bad Mkay
Personally Killing for personal food Is acceptable Mkay

for futire , I notice how you enjoy arguments no problem there. but bear (PUN) in mind answering questions helps a debate, and bringing up things (outwith current debate) and associating people (who have stated they DONT KILL FOR FUN) can be offensive

I'm glad you enjoyed the cartoon  cool.gif

user posted image C'mere Talon user posted image

****!!1one1one

#64    Thistle

Thistle

• 2,284 posts

• Stick Girl

Posted 27 February 2004 - 12:51 PM

lol Scar.

Talon come back !!!!!!! I never got to start on falconry  laugh.gif  whistling2.gif  

#65    Bazza Unexplained

Bazza Unexplained

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

• I think therefore I'm not sure

Posted 27 February 2004 - 12:53 PM

Can't help thinking there is a degree of hypocrisy involved in the debate about killing animals. Yes, on both sides of the argument.

I am against the killing of animals for sport. I regard it as uncivilised behaviour. The primitive satisfying of an instictive blood lust.

People who participate in such "sport" often try to justify it. With foxes etc, its a case of "trying to keep the numbers down; reducing damage done to farm stock" etc. With game birds and deer hunting, its a case of killing for food.

It isn't. The prime reason is the enjoyment of killing. Many of the shot pheasants may well be taken away by the participants, but it doesn't mean that they are eaten. It is just a customary thing to do. However, how many rot at the bottom of the freezer and are then thrown out?

Personally, although I eat meat, I would be in favour of the banning of all animal killing for food or otherwise i e enforced vegetarianism.

#66    DC09

DC09

Poltergeist

• 2,458 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE (Bazza Unexplained @ Feb 27 2004, 06:53 AM)

I would be in favour of the banning of all animal killing for food or otherwise i e enforced vegetarianism.

Sounds nice, but theres no way in hell it would ever happen.  wacko.gif  

#67    Talon

Talon

• 15,003 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 11:25 PM

Talon come back !!!!!!! I never got to start on falconry

Post and I shall comment  grin2.gif  

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#68    Thistle

Thistle

• 2,284 posts

• Stick Girl

Posted 07 March 2004 - 02:52 AM

YAY.......nice to see you back Tal

Well...I would kinda like to know if you consider falconry to be a bloodsport, bearing in mind that you are simply allowing the bird to do what comes naturally to it ?

thumbsup.gif  

#69    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 07 March 2004 - 03:39 AM

Well, since I'm using Tal's broadband, I'll answer...

I couldn't care less about falconry...although I find it kinda morbid huh.gif As you say, it is essentially what they'd be doing in nature.

Fox hunting I just...hate though, and will and always do. It's not a natural process...when I hear that arguement I just cringe at the stupidity of it. Why would a pack of dogs hunt an animal for miles, using up all that energy, and get a mouthful of meat each at the end of it? It defeats the very purpose of hunting in a pack.

My gripe is more with the cruelty of the chase and the mentality of it (the fact that people actually revel in a creature's pain and suffering). Talon, I'm sure, is going to come out with some extremely zealous "all hunting is evil" response...as far as I'm concerned so long as you eat the animal, and kill it in a humane manner, and consider conservation of the species, then go right ahead....if you're a cowboy out on a jolly, shooting every which way at anything that looks killable, you're an ass clown who should burn in hell blink.gif  

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#70    Gazz

Gazz

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 327 posts

• "Love like this, least
    once before we die"

Posted 07 March 2004 - 03:46 AM

Did you all hunt down, capture and kill
the one person who voted in favor of
blood sports yet? whistling2.gif

Gazz grin2.gif  

#71    Thistle

Thistle

• 2,284 posts

• Stick Girl

Posted 07 March 2004 - 03:15 PM

LMAO Gazz.  It seems very odd to me that somebody voted in support of bloodsports but is not willing to post and tell us exactly why they believe it is acceptable.

Oh well....I suppose me and Scar will just have to put up with being the villains of this threade for a while longer   laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  

#72    Talon

Talon

• 15,003 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 03:36 PM

Talon, I'm sure, is going to come out with some extremely zealous "all hunting is evil" response

HEY! You don't know that!  sad.gif

Anyway...

ALL HUNTING IS EVIL!!

#73    Thistle

Thistle

• 2,284 posts

• Stick Girl

Posted 07 March 2004 - 04:57 PM

LOL Talon, with such compelling and meaningful arguments how could I fail to be convinced?  whistling2.gif

I shall now go and inform my birds and those that I fly and train for other people that they must no longer  act on instinct when they see a cute bunny/pheasant/pigeon etc because it is EVIL !!!!!!!!!!!   Should they fail to take my advice and persist in these acts of EVIL then I shall be forced to take away their flying priviledges and confine them to their aviaries where they can grow old and fat safe in the knowledge that they are not commiting a crime.

laugh.gif  

#74    Talon

Talon

• 15,003 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 05:57 PM

Was being sarcasic... but I suspect you know that  tongue.gif  

#75    Thistle

Thistle

• 2,284 posts

• Stick Girl

Posted 07 March 2004 - 06:01 PM

LMAO TalonS.......I did have that feeling

thumbsup.gif  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users