Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

God

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
60 replies to this topic

Poll: Do u believe God/Jesus really existed? (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Do u believe God/Jesus really existed?

1. Yes. (7 votes [70.00%])

Percentage of vote: 70.00%

2. No. (3 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

3. I don't know. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote

#1    Diebytheflyguy

Diebytheflyguy

Poltergeist

• 3,185 posts

• It seemed like a good idea at the time...

Posted 27 February 2004 - 08:59 PM

I personally believe that the Old/ New Testament is false. I think that this book was written as anyother fictional book is writted today. I partially believe that the story of God and the Devil(the basic outline of the Bible) was one to create fear in people. The church was and could be the most powerful organization in the world.  They established themselves worldwide. As for the story of God or Jesus or whatever I think it was made to get followers into their clan. Without fear they had no followers. They made the laws they was they wanted them to be. I have much more to say...

Edited by Diebytheflyguy, 27 February 2004 - 09:56 PM.

#2    PsychicPenguin

PsychicPenguin

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 09:00 PM

quickly replied before thread is closed tongue.gif

God.. No
Jesus... yes

#3    Diebytheflyguy

Diebytheflyguy

Poltergeist

• 3,185 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 09:04 PM

So u believe that Jesus was just a regular man?

#4    Diebytheflyguy

Diebytheflyguy

Poltergeist

• 3,185 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 09:09 PM

...and Noahs Ark was obviously false... Firstly how could he make a ship large enough to house all those animals. Where did he get all the resources to build this large boat. Secondly how would he gather two of every animal on earth... THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE...he would have to travel worldwide on land. there were no cars or planes, so this would have taken many many years. Thirdly he would have to get hay and stuff for the animals beds, cages, food, a place for waste. The resources would not be available for him. Just more facts to prove the story of God/ Jesus wrong.

Edited by Diebytheflyguy, 27 February 2004 - 09:09 PM.

#5    Novo

Novo

Psychic Spy

• 2,047 posts

• Illicit Citizen Of Utopia

Posted 27 February 2004 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (Diebytheflyguy @ Feb 27 2004, 08:09 PM)
...and Noahs Ark was obviously false... Firstly how could he make a ship large enough to house all those animals. Where did he get all the resources to build this large boat. Secondly how would he gather two of every animal on earth... THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE...he would have to travel worldwide on land. there were no cars or planes, so this would have taken many many years. Thirdly he would have to get hay and stuff for the animals beds, cages, food, a place for waste. The resources would not be available for him. Just more facts to prove the story of God/ Jesus wrong.

disgust.gif Noahs ark is a recorded historical event... im not saying anything else except that your just begging for a locked thread ...

The stupider people think you are, the more suprised they are when you kill them.
- Unknown

History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people.
-Martin Luthur king Jr, activist

Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal.
- Martin luthur King Jr., activist

#6    Diebytheflyguy

Diebytheflyguy

Poltergeist

• 3,185 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 09:14 PM

There is no proof the Noahs ark even existed... It is just a story in the bible.

#7    shirini

shirini

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 09:23 PM

I didn't vote, you need more choices.

God= of course there is a god.  

Jesus, i believe he was a real person.  Weaher Jesus is god , well you canbelieve what you believe and i'll believe what i believe.

I agree with SA, Noah and His Ark were proebely real. perhaps lil over dramatics, but noneless real.

***note to Mod: This thread has Please close written all over it.***

Edited by shirini, 27 February 2004 - 09:35 PM.

#8    stillcrazy

stillcrazy

Poltergeist

• 2,172 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 09:28 PM

There are two ways to look at this.

For those who believe in God and have followed his teaching.
If your wrong, no big deal. You led a good life.
If your right, no big deal. You'll get your reward.

For those that don't believe in God.
If your right no big deal. that's all she wrote
If your wrong, Well you get the idea.

Removed my request for PLEASE CLOSE

Aslam made a good statement and changed my belief thumbsup.gif

rini been postponed to monday.

Edited by stillcrazy, 27 February 2004 - 09:51 PM.

#9    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 09:36 PM

oh come on now, DreamRebel.  if anyone is insulting, i think its you.  what are you gonna cry BLASPHEMY and have him burned at the stake?  he has the right to his opinion even if its contrary to your own.  

sure, Noah's Ark may not be documented truth.  it does seem absurd that 2 of each animal was put aboard.  you are right.  

then again, i doubt Goldielocks and the 3 Bears was real too, but if you read it you get a message about sneaking into a house owned by 3 bears and eating porridge.  

what im trying to say is that the Bible is a parable in parts and truth in others.  did God really create the world in 7 days?  i don't know, that could be truth or parable.  was there really an Adam and an Eve?  i dont know, again it could be truth or it could be a parable.  i think this is especially true of the Old Testament.

the New Testament is more truth and less parable (although Jesus uses parables a plenty).  the New Testament is both a documentation of the life and death of Jesus and a collection of parables (i would say Revelations is a good example).  

the issues you are raising are valid ones, and things that create the different sects of Christianity.  while DreamRebel is obviously a very Orthodox Christian or a Fundamentalist, there are other sects who interpret the Bible with a grain of salt.  you shouldnt so quickly doubt the existance of God by logical means though, as logic fails when you judge many things in life on the same criteria.  as ridiculous as a giant Ark of animals sounds, it really could have happened.  i mean, once molasses flooded the streets of Boston and killed a lot of people.  lets see if people believe that actually happened in 2000 years.

****to the people trying to force thread closings, please just move along.  nothing is more annoying than a row of replies begging for a thread closing****

Edited by Bizarro, 27 February 2004 - 09:41 PM.

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
set about on a collision course
not with Earth, but my face...
i wonder if id even know,
at what time i might,
be passed off like an old style
and by the meteor be smite?

- me, 1997

#10    Diebytheflyguy

Diebytheflyguy

Poltergeist

• 3,185 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 09:39 PM

About the movie Passion of the Christ... i didnt actually go see it, and i dont know what all the fuss is about. This is just a movie, some people have to learn to relax. If you watch any other war/gore movie then you shouldnt make a big deal about this. Some people are now saying that the money from this should be donated to charity, but WHY. This movie was made to spark controversy, and in urn get people to go see it. The movie was made to make money for the actors and crew not for charity. This is like any other movie... you dont see people who seen Braveheart, The Patriot, or Saving Private Ryan making a big deal about violence. Other movies like The House of 1000 Corpses or whatever its called are probably just as gory as this one. So who cares if we see alot of blood, gashes and nailes being driven into "Jesus" wrist. Its a movie people... settle down.

#11    stillcrazy

stillcrazy

Poltergeist

• 2,172 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 09:42 PM

Bizarro.

I don't think DreamRebel was trying to be insulting. But it seems that each time a God question comes up it gets into a rant of either My god is Better than Your God. Or Your an idiot for your belief. The Mods have been watching this very carefully so not to allow people's beliefs to be attacked.

But you did state your comments very well.   thumbsup.gif  

#12    Diebytheflyguy

Diebytheflyguy

Poltergeist

• 3,185 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 09:43 PM

Those are some good points Bizarro... but i dont see what DreamRebel wrote.

#13    DreamRebel

DreamRebel

Psychic Spy

• 1,038 posts

• Knowledge is the weapon of choice. Those who possess it shall prevail.

Posted 27 February 2004 - 09:43 PM

[Edit] Post removed

Edited by DreamRebel, 27 February 2004 - 09:45 PM.

#14    Ruthie

Ruthie

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

• Life after death? -Yes, please!

Posted 27 February 2004 - 09:45 PM

I voted "Yes"
I fully believe that God and Jesus excisted, and still do!
I've gotten too many answeres to my prayers to not believe!  thumbsup.gif  

When I was coming up, it was a dangerous world, and you knew exactly who they were. It was us vs. them, and it was clear who them was. Today, we are not so sure who the they are, but we know they're there.

Quote George W. Bush.

#15    Aslan

Aslan

Psychic Spy

• 1,523 posts

• Scariest Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 27 February 2004 - 09:47 PM

I see no reason to lock this thread as of yet. I deleted DreamRebel's post because it was serving no purpose but to inflame and actively seek closure of the thread.

A thread will not be closed simply because somebody instructs a mod to do it.

So I'm keeping this one open as some people appear to still have a valid point to make. However, I don't hold out much hope.

And Diebytheflyguy - please don't just rant on. If you want to have a discussion, have a discussion. Comment and response, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users