Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

What did Tesla mean?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1    brave_new_world

brave_new_world

Peasant love child

• 6,842 posts

• My men like satyrs grazing on the lawns, shall with their goat-feet dance the antic hay. --Marlowe

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:14 AM

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all previous centuries of its existence."  ---Nikola Tesla

Does anyone know what Nikola Tesla means by this statement? Can it be interpreted to mean spiritual or metaphysical reality?

Posted Image
The man of science is a poor philosopher.
---Albert Einstein

<a href="http://funkyflea.deviantart.com" target="_blank">http://funkyflea.deviantart.com

#2    TheKnight

TheKnight

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 3,755 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 02:37 PM

brave_new_world on Jun 23 2008, 02:14 AM, said:

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all previous centuries of its existence."  ---Nikola Tesla

Does anyone know what Nikola Tesla means by this statement? Can it be interpreted to mean spiritual or metaphysical reality?

I think it means exactly that when science studies the spiritual side of our existence it will make more progress.

#3    John from Lowell

John from Lowell

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

• Self Love Unlocks the Magic Inside

Posted 23 June 2008 - 07:42 PM

I would say that it encourages real objectivity.

Each of us has a left and right brain. We think of learning by using our logical mind. We think of creative expression by using our intuitive mind.

Once we learn to balance these attributes, blend them, and use them together, we will step into another dimention of understanding.

John

What We Are Never Changes !!

Who We Are Is Always Changing !!!

#4    Darklight

Darklight

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 12:14 AM

~Kaizen CJM~ on Jun 23 2008, 01:37 PM, said:

I think it means exactly that when science studies the spiritual side of our existence it will make more progress.

Salaam (Peace)   I agree completely.

#5    iSeeDeadPpl!

iSeeDeadPpl!

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

• iSeeDeadPeople....

You want scientific evidence? YOU WANT SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE!!!

Posted 24 June 2008 - 12:22 AM

well whatever he meant I think we would progress alot of we took note of things like UFOs or Cold Fusion (missing particle from fusion) that would let us learn of new technologies available....

Edited by Open your mind, 24 June 2008 - 12:23 AM.

#6    Dragohunter

Dragohunter

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 274 posts

• The Fabric of the Cosmos

Imagination is more important than knowledge because all knowledge would not be conceived until first imagined.

Posted 24 June 2008 - 12:26 AM

brave_new_world on Jun 23 2008, 09:14 AM, said:

Can it be interpreted to mean spiritual or metaphysical reality?

I think kind of both. It depends on what you mean by "spiritual". Spiritual as a metaphysical reality transcendental of our universe or the nature of such entities shown possibly?

Edited by Dragohunter, 24 June 2008 - 12:26 AM.

Posted Image

Without time, there can be no change. Time "exists" as an essential property of space, so we must conclude for something to be here there must always have been something. Time is not a property of "nothing" (how could it be?) so 'something' must have existed for the universe to have been 'created' from. It would seem infinite regression indeed exists.

#7    Sag!ttarius

Sag!ttarius

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 12:40 AM

I wish I knew what Tesla meant, but I figure he actually referred to ethereal. Started studying Tesla's work for my MSc. thesis 15 years ago hoping to recreate his zero point energy. Much of what is published today is incorrect on the technical side, because of (insert oil industry, government, illuminati conspiracy theories here...)... Regardless, I still poke around even today in my retirement spare time. Kind of my own search for the Holy Grail original.gif

This post contains 96.85840734641% recycled material... :)

Posted Image

#8    Omnaka

Omnaka

Omnaka

• 7,056 posts

• Forgive the Body and love the soul, For the soul is Gods Eternal child, your Brother.
    O.

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:53 AM

brave_new_world on Jun 23 2008, 09:14 AM, said:

It means Spirit, when science includes spirit and Love in its equasions, it will make leaps and bounds.

Love Omnaka

#9    bball

bball

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

• "Is that a titleist?...A hole in one."

Posted 24 June 2008 - 05:32 AM

brave_new_world on Jun 23 2008, 04:14 AM, said:

I think it refers to phenomena of the mind.  Things like remote viewing, ESP, telekinesis, etc.  I really don't see any reference to spirituality.  Just phenomena of the human mind.

Beauty has no imperfections.  Only perfect and beautiful imperfections.

It is a fool who looks for logic in the human imagination.  However, when that imagination leaves the mind, it is fair game.

"I want to leave every conversation knowing more about you than you know about me."
Chiefs RB, Priest Holmes

For every stupid person, there is a slightly less stupid person to tell them how stupid they are.

#10    Rosewin

Rosewin

Omnipotent Entity

• Banned
  • 8,967 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 07:52 AM

Sag!ttarius is most likely correct in that this is a quote in reference to aether or ether. It has nothing to do with the spiritual, metaphysical, or paranormal.

Edited by Clovis, 24 June 2008 - 07:52 AM.

#11    Radian

Radian

Καρδιά ενός &a

• 8,002 posts

• Καρδιά ενός δράκου

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:06 AM

brave_new_world on Jun 23 2008, 04:14 AM, said:

I wouldn't know, but I love it.

Posted Image <-- my attack bee

#12    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 8,911 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 24 June 2008 - 07:29 PM

Science cannot, by definition, study "non-physical" phenomena.

Tesla - an engineer, not really a scientist - was a raving lunatic in his later years.  That quote likely comes from that period of his life.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#13    Omnaka

Omnaka

Omnaka

• 7,056 posts

• Forgive the Body and love the soul, For the soul is Gods Eternal child, your Brother.
    O.

Posted 24 June 2008 - 07:57 PM

Harte on Jun 24 2008, 08:29 PM, said:

Tesla - an engineer, not really a scientist - was a raving lunatic in his later years.  That quote likely comes from that period of his life.

Harte

Yes It would be nice to think Science is done at the physical level, Thats not true though, Try telling that to the other races which live in our universe who have attained faster than light travel/ speed.
And have visited us from other Galaxies/ Universes . Science will study Spirit, and it will change The way science is Experienced.

Love Omnaka

#14    Dragohunter

Dragohunter

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 274 posts

• The Fabric of the Cosmos

Imagination is more important than knowledge because all knowledge would not be conceived until first imagined.

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:03 PM

Harte on Jun 24 2008, 07:29 PM, said:

Harte

Many theoretical physicists are convinced that spacetime and energy are not the main things composed in the fabric of reality.

Posted Image

Without time, there can be no change. Time "exists" as an essential property of space, so we must conclude for something to be here there must always have been something. Time is not a property of "nothing" (how could it be?) so 'something' must have existed for the universe to have been 'created' from. It would seem infinite regression indeed exists.

#15    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 8,911 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:17 PM

Omnaka on Jun 24 2008, 02:57 PM, said:

Yes It would be nice to think Science is done at the physical level, Thats not true though, Try telling that to the other races which live in our universe who have attained faster than light travel/ speed. And have visited us from other Galaxies/ Universes.

Okay.  Care to introduce me to a member of such a "race?"

Dragohunter on Jun 24 2008, 03:03 PM, said:

Many theoretical physicists are convinced that spacetime and energy are not the main things composed in the fabric of reality.

They are also convinced that science, by definition, cannot study "non-physical" phenomena.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users