Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Are There Dangers of Telekinesis?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1    000000000000000

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 07:38 PM

I have recently read a question on psipog.net I was just browsing around when if found a question asking of any dangers of it. The guy answered it by saying:

"Yes, telekinesis really can cause serious effects on your health, up to and including ending it permanently. Many (perhaps all) psionic effects affect the glucose and potassium levels in the blood. Actually, intense concentration affects them, too. The problem is that psionic activity can cause them to change quickly. A sudden drop or rise in either chemical causes problems. If the rise or drop is severe enough, it will kill you."

I don't know if this is true or possible. So I am asking is it true? I'm not really worried I just want to see if anyone knows of this?and if they do believe its true?

#2    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,065 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 28 June 2008 - 07:42 PM

You can burst blood vessels in your eyes, nose, and brain.

Edited by Eric Raven The Skeptic, 28 June 2008 - 07:43 PM.

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#3    PhenomInvestigator

PhenomInvestigator

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 77 posts

• Anything is possible - its all a matter of probability.
    Anomalous phenomena is real

Posted 28 June 2008 - 11:02 PM

Eric Raven The Skeptic on Jun 28 2008, 03:42 PM, said:

You can burst blood vessels in your eyes, nose, and brain.

Could you please cite the source or experience by which you are aware of this? Just curious. Thanks!

#4    Weeping Angel

Weeping Angel

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

• "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day." -Thomas Jefferson

Posted 30 June 2008 - 01:38 PM

I know for a fact that electrokinesis can kill you, but I had no idea Telekinesis could.

Formally known as Extinction, Lord Of Pain, and Till There Was You.

#5    Moonie2012

Moonie2012

Alien Abducter

• Banned
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 01:49 PM

Lord of Pain on Jun 30 2008, 08:38 AM, said:

I know for a fact that electrokinesis can kill you, but I had no idea Telekinesis could.

Oh, do you now? Care to explain how you know this?

Edited by Moonie2012, 30 June 2008 - 01:51 PM.

#6    maysu

maysu

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 01:54 PM

Well i sort of believe and dont believe...its sort of confusion and i never knew about "dangers"

#7    saturnrings

saturnrings

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 01:56 PM

HumanTorch on Jun 28 2008, 08:38 PM, said:

I have recently read a question on psipog.net I was just browsing around when if found a question asking of any dangers of it. The guy answered it by saying:

"Yes, telekinesis really can cause serious effects on your health, up to and including ending it permanently. Many (perhaps all) psionic effects affect the glucose and potassium levels in the blood. Actually, intense concentration affects them, too. The problem is that psionic activity can cause them to change quickly. A sudden drop or rise in either chemical causes problems. If the rise or drop is severe enough, it will kill you."

I don't know if this is true or possible. So I am asking is it true? I'm not really worried I just want to see if anyone knows of this?and if they do believe its true?

i believe that this is false, because all these type of abilities were part of the human DNA once.
Nature doesn't make mistakes and would never kill a life form by givivng more of what that lifeform can take.
therefore I think that the person who wrote this, has taken a oposition to these kind of abilities.

#8    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,065 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 30 June 2008 - 03:27 PM

saturnriggs on Jun 30 2008, 08:56 AM, said:

i believe that this is false, because all these type of abilities were part of the human DNA once.
Nature doesn't make mistakes and would never kill a life form by givivng more of what that lifeform can take.
therefore I think that the person who wrote this, has taken a oposition to these kind of abilities.

Can you say cancer, down syndrome, any genetic disease? Nature makes mistakes all the time.

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#9    eqgumby

eqgumby

Telekinetic

• 7,576 posts

• If you have genuine psi-powers, you can change the world overnight. So do it, or stop playing Dragon-Ball Z with my brain!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 03:41 PM

Yes, it is dangerous. To believe in.  laugh.gif
Anyone care to show me ONE case of some form of "kinesis" hurting someone? Even better, one case of PROVEN kinesis?

IF it was real, of course there would be potential danger.

Credentials/Background<--This is a link!

It's not about tolerance and it's certainly not about searching for truth. It's about the chic of the intelligentsia. ---  Harmon-E Cherry
http://chzgifs.files...chucknorris.gif

#10    REBEL

REBEL

Esoteric Seeker

• 6,559 posts

• ''GONE FISH'N, BRB...''

Posted 30 June 2008 - 03:43 PM

PhenomInvestigator on Jun 29 2008, 08:32 AM, said:

Could you please cite the source or experience by which you are aware of this? Just curious. Thanks!

Subconjunctival hemorrhage (Eyes)
Cerebral aneurysm (Brain)
Epistaxis (Nose) err also, don't blow too hard or pick it.

Hope that helps.

#11    eqgumby

eqgumby

Telekinetic

• 7,576 posts

• If you have genuine psi-powers, you can change the world overnight. So do it, or stop playing Dragon-Ball Z with my brain!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:41 PM

REBEL on Jun 30 2008, 10:43 AM, said:

Subconjunctival hemorrhage (Eyes)
Cerebral aneurysm (Brain)
Epistaxis (Nose) err also, don't blow too hard or pick it.

Hope that helps.

All true, but caused by "kinesis" of some sort?

As in Lord of Pains quote above...
I am highly suspicious.

Credentials/Background<--This is a link!

It's not about tolerance and it's certainly not about searching for truth. It's about the chic of the intelligentsia. ---  Harmon-E Cherry
http://chzgifs.files...chucknorris.gif

#12    Float

Float

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:30 AM

Trying to keep an open mind... I don't fully agree with statements that have no basis, such as stating that all of our "abilities" were "once" wired into our DNA. Not sure where that could come from beyond incomplete theory and "logical rationalization." What I mean by that is that it seems like it could be a possibility, but has nothing really to back the claim or any information as to where such an idea came from, not saying I do not agree in some form, just that such comments should have some form of information to go along with it :P You know... For us information hungry types.

As for the dangers of PK... If you attempt it for too long there has been many instances when individuals' blood pressure dropped, blood sugar levels seem to decline, headaches, etc... Basically the same negative effects as one might encounter while attempting to focus on studying a complex subject for extended periods of time, or solve problems that just don't fully seem to link up. You're basically trying to exert some form of force without using your physical ligaments, but despite this, most have a tendency to tense their muscles anyhow. Breathing rates may alter, heart beat may rise, etc... So it would seem clear that there are some physical risks involved with "over practicing" and It would be important to listen to your body and know when to stop, or not try to hard and remain more passive.

If you Google the question or studies and research I'm sure you will find more of what you are looking for.

Take Care,

~Float

#13    darkbreed

darkbreed

Psychic Spy

• 2,052 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 03:28 PM

I think you can basically say "Anything can be dangerous if not handled properly".

Regarding the statement about changing of chemicals such as glucose and potassium levels and so on I have never seen or heard of any evidence suggesting such, which included my own experience with these matters and I've done some tests which included the mentioned substances due to other reasons, and all if fine according to my doc - I will take a new test now in July, the last one was couple months back, so I'll see if there are any changes since then - and I've practiced the mentioned topic and lots of other psychic/spiritual abilities lately.

Personally my health is steadily getting better the more I practice the things I do, both physically and mentally, and it has helped me to be able to both quit and reduce some medications I earlier had to use and some I still use but now in far lesser amounts and hopefully soon I'll be completely free from having to take any medications.

I would like to note that when it comes to things such as telekinesis, obviously your mind is highly involved here, so give it a thought that if you are able to use your mind to move physical objects, then perhaps you may also be able to use your mind to influence your body, even if it is unintentionally such as if you go around believing that what you are doing is dangerous for your health then it may very well manifest such for you. And so goes for the opposite, if you go and believe that what you are doing is good for your health, it may very well manifest that for you instead.

That's my 2 cents on this at least.

-EA

www.PleiadianTalk.tk/ - Perspectives from a member of the Great White Brotherhood
American Atlantis Research - Documenting pre-colombian world migration and Atlantis-America
Increase your astral proection skills - Here at Unexplained Mysteries Forums!

#14    Senkoujin

Senkoujin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:49 PM

I'll say this from experience....trying too hard to do psychokinesis (eg. moving a pen) could harm you.  About a year or two ago, I tried moving a pen, staring at it and concentrating hard on it for a good while.  It exhausted me and my eyes were like exhausted too...didn't feel better again until two days later.

One day...

#15    darkbreed

darkbreed

Psychic Spy

• 2,052 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:38 PM

You are supposed to be as relaxed as possible when doing such things, not tighten up and get all tense and tweaked.

The best is getting into an altered state of mind first through breathing exercises and meditation to calm your mind and relax your body.

Then in a relaxed manner just focus on your intention and "let it happen".

So, in other ways you are not to try hard at all, try it easy

=)

-EA

www.PleiadianTalk.tk/ - Perspectives from a member of the Great White Brotherhood
American Atlantis Research - Documenting pre-colombian world migration and Atlantis-America
Increase your astral proection skills - Here at Unexplained Mysteries Forums!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users