Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Deja Vu - What are these things?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1    LostInThought

LostInThought

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 160 posts

• Embrace what makes you happy. Erase what makes you not.

Posted 02 July 2008 - 04:17 PM

I was just wanting to know others options on what you think Deja Vus are. Or just some ideas on what you think they could be. I have a couple theories.

What if this life that we are living, is the "flash" before our eyes and the Deja Vus are from this flash passing up what really happened in our life and causing these things. Farfetched...quite a bit.

Or..

What if maybe they are signs from God or some other higher being letting us know that we are on the right path in our life.
Or maybe even you know how some people don't like to believe our whole life is planned out but what if it is.

Or they could simply just be memories of something "similar" that has already happened at some point in our life.

Whatever the case may be these things are really weird feeling and I've just always wondered what they are and what they mean, I've yet to allow myself to believe they are just memories from something similar that has happened in our life.

I have these things pretty often, atleast a few times a month. One time it was weird because I had a Deja Vu but for some reason it felt that what had just happened happened to me before, but I got the feeling of a scenery from atleast 100 years ago or longer. Maybe a past life? Not sure.

What are your thoughts?

Embrace what makes you happy. Erase what makes you not.

#2    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,145 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 02 July 2008 - 04:25 PM

Whatever the case, I feel like I've read a thread like this before grin2.gif

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#3    the14u2cee

the14u2cee

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

• I Believe....

Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:49 PM

BiffSplitkins on Jul 2 2008, 09:25 AM, said:

Whatever the case, I feel like I've read a thread like this before grin2.gif

LOL, i was thinking the same thing... thumbsup.gif   I tried to find the post buttttt   UM is giving me an error

#4    AllP0werToSlaves

AllP0werToSlaves

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

• Nailed in your chair, you're living dismally...

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:00 PM

I believe that Deja Vu is possibly the intersecting of levels of consciousness. It's super hard for me to explain, but I always thought it was the human mind accessing another portion of the brain (one not commonly used) for psychic ability. I always believed the odd "wtf?!" feeling you get is due to your minds inexperience with the other layers of consciousness.

"There is far more to this world than taught in our schools, shown in the media, or proclaimed by the church and state. Most of mankind lives in a hypnotic trance, taking to be reality what is instead a twisted simulacrum of reality, a collective dream in which values are inverted, lies are taken as truth, and tyranny is accepted as security. They enjoy their ignorance and cling tightly to the misery that gives them identity"-Thomas Cox

#5    LostInThought

LostInThought

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 160 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:58 PM

AllP0werToSlaves on Jul 2 2008, 06:00 PM, said:

I believe that Deja Vu is possibly the intersecting of levels of consciousness. It's super hard for me to explain, but I always thought it was the human mind accessing another portion of the brain (one not commonly used) for psychic ability. I always believed the odd "wtf?!" feeling you get is due to your minds inexperience with the other layers of consciousness.

Interesting theory. Makes some scense.

~ Sorry about posting a topic that has already been posted somewhere - new and didn't see one on this. ~

#6    ravergirl

ravergirl

Government Agent

• 3,850 posts

• OPEN your EYES

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:47 AM

IMO Deja vu isn't from one thing. I have had Deja vu when something has really already happened, when there is a strong reminder of another time something similar happened, I experience a similar emotion in an exact setting, and even when there is a sharp decrease of oxygen to my brain.
I get deja Vu sometimes for no reason other than I just had a really really fast smoke break.

I am theNON-SEQUITUR-ER

#7    Stormcrow

Stormcrow

Wizard

• 5,987 posts

• Late is the hour in which this conjurer chooses to appear.

Posted 03 July 2008 - 05:17 AM

Deja vus happen when synapses in your brain misfire, and your mind interprets an event as a memory when it isn't.

#8    LostInThought

LostInThought

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 160 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 04:57 PM

Ebonykrow on Jul 3 2008, 12:17 AM, said:

Deja vus happen when synapses in your brain misfire, and your mind interprets an event as a memory when it isn't.

That's a pretty good explanation. I suppose that is it then.

#9    Atheist God

Atheist God

Alien Abducter

• 5,438 posts

• At war with the evil Drug Enforcement Agency for over a decade!

Posted 04 July 2008 - 12:23 AM

It's a glitch in the matrix.

Posted Image

A site I write my own articles. sw-gm check em out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users