Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

What happens when you call out the devil?

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#31    JackalnChainz

JackalnChainz

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,723 posts

• What does it profit a man, to gain the whole world, yet lose his soul?

Posted 06 July 2008 - 11:09 AM

eight bits on Jul 6 2008, 05:13 AM, said:

Welcome aboard, key.

No. Although the Ghosts, etc. subforum has a lower proportion of posts from unbelievers than other subforums (in my casual observation), the site is named and devoted to Unexplained Mysteries. An interest in the phenomena and in sharing the work to remove them from "unexplained" status is enough to be a member here. Curiosity suffices.

There is a peculiar social dynamic on this subforum, since devils and demons are religious figures, and possession is a religious occasion. To depict someone else's religion as superstition or to report that you performed a sacrilege by another's lights will be read as rude.

You might consider whether the Sprituality vs Skepticism board would be a more congenial place for future posts of this theme. That said, you did nothing wrong in posting here, IMO.

You will die some day, and before then, something terrible will happen to you. In the meantime, you seem well on your way to living on your feet rather than on your knees.

In closing, however, you might want to reflect on your motives, not so much in flipping off the devil, but in rubbing other people's noses in your having done so. When you do that, you give those people power over you, even as you fantasize that you have the upper hand because you have caused them to scurry and cluck in distress.

You are free of their devil when you can flip him off and not tell those with faith in him all about it.

Incredible! I'll copy this bad boy with your permission and save it for future review. Nicely written. Thanks for this brilliant post.  original.gif   ~Jackal

You know, this is not only a well written response, but it also touches on, and addresses the underlaying current of the OP. My sentiments are reflected exactly, and I couldn't have written this better myself if I took hours to compose it. Really...nicely said eight bits.

Edited by JackalnChainz, 06 July 2008 - 11:15 AM.

"The other day, upon the stair, I saw a man that wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish...he'd go away."

"Challenge me at your OWN peril..I delight in such diversions!"

#32    thekeyboardkid

thekeyboardkid

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 33 posts

• In sęcula sęculorum

Posted 06 July 2008 - 11:40 AM

eight bits on Jul 6 2008, 04:13 AM, said:

Welcome aboard, key.

I've been on this site for a year and some odd months. laugh.gif

--just, I don't have as much time to post/lurk as much, thanks to my hectic life.  What's more, I'll be moving to Syracuse by the end of this month to pursue my "film career" and aspirations to be a novelist simultaneously...  AND finish college, so I'll seldom be online.

I really do enjoy this site, just not the one-sided nature of this particular sub-form.  Unfortunately, it's the only one that catches my interest.  It's free, however; and beggars can't be choosers, huh?

#33    JackalnChainz

JackalnChainz

Psychic Spy

• 1,723 posts

• What does it profit a man, to gain the whole world, yet lose his soul?

Posted 06 July 2008 - 11:54 AM

thekeyboardkid on Jul 6 2008, 06:40 AM, said:

I've been on this site for a year and some odd months. laugh.gif

--just, I don't have as much time to post/lurk as much, thanks to my hectic life.  What's more, I'll be moving to Syracuse by the end of this month to pursue my "film career" and aspirations to be a novelist simultaneously...  AND finish college, so I'll seldom be online.

I really do enjoy this site, just not the one-sided nature of this particular sub-form.  Unfortunately, it's the only one that catches my interest.  It's free, however; and beggars can't be choosers, huh?

lol. Well said. Good luck up there. I spent many years in Rochester. An afternoon on the streets of Syracuse should be more than enough content for a novel. Remember, marketing and timing is everything, and....don't be afraid to piss off the masses. Any press is good press. Perhaps, some stormy night, you could stand on a cliff top and flip off the devil for us on video. I'll be more than happy to critique your dramatics. Maybe hold a big metal sword up and dare him to strike you down. Make sure your camera operator is fully insulated though. Good luck Kid.  ~Jackal

"The other day, upon the stair, I saw a man that wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish...he'd go away."

"Challenge me at your OWN peril..I delight in such diversions!"

#34    dani10

dani10

Psychic Spy

• 1,495 posts

• "They are barking, Sancho, so let's ride"
    - The Quixote

Posted 06 July 2008 - 03:00 PM

thekeyboardkid on Jul 6 2008, 07:40 AM, said:

Dear keyboardkid,

Exactly. I think that as long as the theme of a post is related with the supernatural (in any way), everything is fair game. What some people in this board do, and I think its unfair, is that they can comment on what everybody says, they can say that things that they don't believe in are not real, but if someone says that something THEY believe in is NOT real, ooh then there's a problem.
I've heard many people doing the same thing you do, just to "check". Glad you didn't have any demon appearing to you... and to be sincere, I don't think it ever will. I don't see the "Devil" as a "being" but more as a force created by humans.
Welcome back! thumbsup.gif

#35    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 06 July 2008 - 05:23 PM

Anyone who willingly goes looking for demons or the devil is playing with fire. These things are not a weekend hobby or curiosity!!

The Po File - As told to MasterPo by MasterPo

Have the courage to read it.

#36    Guardian Angel of Fire

Guardian Angel of Fire

Arc Angel of Fire

• 2,177 posts

• ~~~There are two doors in font of you~~~
    ===The Future and the Past===
    ****Which one will you choose?****

Posted 06 July 2008 - 06:00 PM

thekeyboardkid on Jul 5 2008, 08:52 PM, said:

Nothing.

This is more serious than just fooling around.  Honestly.  I've been hearing a whole bunch of stories 'bout people being possessed and whatnot (both here and several other websites); so, I figured, what better way to prove to myself that there is such thing as "spirits" than to blatantly set myself up?

So, at around three o' clock in the morning (that's right, the "witching" hour, or whatever you'd rather call it), I called out to the devil in a loud voice, basically told him that I'm his for the taking, in all seriousness, no less, and waited.  It's been two months since, and I didn't say anything because, hey, maybe these things don't work on cue?  

Anyhow, I was wondering, I am not just as interesting as other people who "claim" to be possessed and/or tormented by these so-called demons?  So, in a nutshell, I laugh at the devil and spirits in general... that's if, they "do" exist to begin with, which they probably don't.  No offense to anybody.

Thanks for reading.  Comments/flames/whatever appreciated.

If you go into something expecting to find it (such as you go in calling out the Satan, and Demons to come possess you) you wont come out finding anything in the end. Really when a lot of people go into these things they, they dont expect to get "Possessed" thus they are proned to attacks such as this. If you open yourself like you did, they wont do anything because like us, they are believed to have working intelligence. They think that this is too easy and so they dont go for the bait.
Most people who have "Paranormal" experiences in life are ones who go in expecting everything to not be thus why they experience things. Like ask for something to happen and expect it to happen, it wont. Ask for something to happen and expect it to not really happen, you might just end up with something.

My EVP's - Page Link

~~~This link is a link to my posts of My EVP's that I posted that I've~~~
~~~gathered over a short time.  Enjoy! :D~~~

~~~When Zombies Attack!!! ~~~

#37    Radian

Radian

Καρδιά ενός &a

• 8,002 posts

• Καρδιά ενός δράκου

Posted 06 July 2008 - 09:09 PM

The way I see it, Satan and his dominions won't waste their time on someone they've already gotten..

jmho.

Posted Image <-- my attack bee

#38    Aanica

Aanica

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,299 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 09:24 PM

I like the ones who "assure them" that there's nothing to worry about...lmao

#39    WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

Poltergeist

• 2,313 posts

• It is good to give him thanks and praise...

Posted 06 July 2008 - 09:25 PM

Ghost It Notes on Jul 5 2008, 10:24 PM, said:

I say you don't realize the extent of what you've done yet. And as Ashe said, you seem to be setting yourself up for a lot of negative comments.  hmm.gif

Well Keyboard... here's the negativity... Maynot be as big as you were expecting, but here it is....

I will pray for you...Some where down the road your going to need it...

Blessings and light

#40    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 07 July 2008 - 03:01 AM

I went to the beach this weekend. Went in the water. Had a great time.

That doesn't mean there aren't man-eating sharks, poisinous fish and snakes, killer jelly fish etc etc etc out there just because I took a dip and nothing happened.

The Po File - As told to MasterPo by MasterPo

Have the courage to read it.

#41    Ghost It Notes

Ghost It Notes

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

• We are living in the very last days! Look up!

Posted 07 July 2008 - 03:19 AM

Shankpin on Jul 6 2008, 02:09 PM, said:

The way I see it, Satan and his dominions won't waste their time on someone they've already gotten..

jmho.

You said it perfectly!

9Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
      and gave him the name that is above every name,
10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
      in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
      to the glory of God the Father.

#42    Ghost It Notes

Ghost It Notes

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

• We are living in the very last days! Look up!

Posted 07 July 2008 - 03:22 AM

Aanica on Jul 6 2008, 02:24 PM, said:

I like the ones who "assure them" that there's nothing to worry about...lmao

Exactly. They'll find out for themselves.

9Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
      and gave him the name that is above every name,
10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
      in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
      to the glory of God the Father.

#43    xCrimsonx

xCrimsonx

Resident Vamp

• 5,249 posts

• The Vampire Lair
    http://paranormalborder.net/forum/3002966/
    "All Torque & No Traction"
    "Static - Cold"
    "GF,FO"
    "1"

Posted 07 July 2008 - 06:24 AM

MasterPo on Jul 7 2008, 02:53 AM, said:

Anyone who willingly goes looking for demons or the devil is playing with fire. These things are not a weekend hobby or curiosity!!

Thats true, but theres no harm in study and reading about it.   thumbsup.gif

Edited by xCrimsonx, 07 July 2008 - 06:24 AM.

The Paranormal Border
The Vampire Club18+

http://forum.paranor...order.com/index
Posted Image

#44    Knockitoff

Knockitoff

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 33 posts

• Wipe the tears from the your face, You are FREE with HIS Grace

Posted 07 July 2008 - 03:02 PM

Shankpin on Jul 6 2008, 04:09 PM, said:

jmho.
Shankpin, ohmy.gif woah! say what??  "Satan and his dominions won't waste their time on someone they've already gotten", meaning they may have already gotten "keyboardkid"??, if they haven't gotten himmmmm, oo i would wear depends everyday if i were the kid, especially that no one knows if HE (the monster) will just go *poof* "RAAAAAHHHH!!" right in front of you

that comment of yours sure does make you think

Edited by Knockitoff, 07 July 2008 - 03:08 PM.

#45    jonny b

jonny b

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 03:15 PM

xCrimsonx on Jul 6 2008, 11:24 PM, said:

Thats true, but theres no harm in study and reading about it.   thumbsup.gif

This is true,but that is completely differant than screaming out at 3 a.m. that he wants the devil to posses him. I personally do not even know what would motivate someone who does not believe in the devil in the first place to do such a thing.Weather I believe in the devil, there is far more interesting and important things in life to attend to than asking to be possesed.

Like how about sleeping for starters.  sleepy.gif

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users