Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

What happens when you call out the devil?

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#61    Nile_Shaman

Nile_Shaman

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

• "Let your love in God, your faith, and grace take you into these places." -Shankpin

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:43 AM

Guardian Angel of Fire on Jul 7 2008, 06:20 PM, said:

Sounds like someone tapped into a bit of schizoprhenia in their mind to me....honestly...if thats what it's like....people with such case have things in similar ways and they unlock this themselves....could it be that this is possible that we can actually by some way tap into something in our minds that technology cant?

A bit? You either are or are not, kinda like being pregnant. Saddest part is, it was volunteered for, in this tale, like so very many. I cannot say it is sad nobody warned, either, having seen so may who don't listen anyway. Perhaps, he was. Who knows?

Messing with any mind altering drugs, ceremonies, rituals or processes has it's risks. Maybe you'll be better.... maybe not. Can't change your mind after the realization of "oops" LOL.

These days it is the belief that everyone can do it on their own. The concept of an earlier time of apprenticing and learning under someone's guidance who is already adept and proven in a given skill are basically gone.  Of course, even if you look for an Adept (nearly everyone on these forums claims to be, basically, or an expert in something), there is no guarantee you will be able to end up with the same success, but generally speaking, someone who already walked the road, has better odds of giving good advice, than people who have not.

People like to mention Crowley as an example of success, but I never have thought so. He ended up mad as a hatter, a horrible friend (many died or were as mad from his practices and persuasions) and he was mourned only by those who thought they wanted the same thing as he spent his entire adult life seeking. In his day, he was the ultimate rebel. Nowdays, he is rather .... well, it has all been so very very DONE.

But, in any case, this is way off topic from the OP's post and we prolly should leave it at commenting, or not, on his wish to let us all know he did the Bad Thing, and nothing Bad has happened as yet.  

It's all good. I'd like to be wrong about this. I hope he never does suffer any consequences. Might prove he was right, or that prayer works. We may never know.

NS

I wasted some time, seeking the meaning of life, but thankfully learned before dying that Life IS the meaning for it all. Now, I just enjoy the heck out of every day. -Nile Shaman

#62    Nile_Shaman

Nile_Shaman

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

• "Let your love in God, your faith, and grace take you into these places." -Shankpin

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:49 AM

PAGhostHunter on Jul 7 2008, 08:24 PM, said:

I'd rather be too cold than too hot

ROFL, PA! Yeah, if it is too cold, you can always wrap up in more black cowled cloaks, but when it is too hot, there is only so much ecto you can take off, ya know?

laugh.gif
NS

I wasted some time, seeking the meaning of life, but thankfully learned before dying that Life IS the meaning for it all. Now, I just enjoy the heck out of every day. -Nile Shaman

#63    thekeyboardkid

thekeyboardkid

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 33 posts

• In sęcula sęculorum

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:07 AM

Still nothing. Am rather bored. Oh, well. I'll update this thread in another couple of years. :cat:  << I really like that emoticon.

#64    Ninhursag

Ninhursag

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

• Et In Arcadia Ego

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:56 AM

I Suggest You Just Sit And Wait. :P

Did You Really Think It Would Show Up When You Wanted It To?? Heheh, It Wouldn't Have Been Around For So Long If It Was That Stoopid :)

~ Nothing In Nature Is By Chance... Something Appears To Be Chance Only Because Of Our Lack Of Knowledge. - Brauch De Spinoza ~

#65    ThickasaBrick

ThickasaBrick

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

• "Your wise men don't know how it feels to be thick as a brick." "I'll judge you all and make damn sure that no-one judges me."
    -Jethro Tull

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:37 PM

Nothing...

#66    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:49 PM

View PostGinger, on 06 July 2008 - 04:12 AM, said:

Put yourself in the devil's shoes.  Why would he even think about wasting his time with you?  How would he benefit from you in any way?  If you're that dumb to do something like that...what good are you?  Seriously it's like picking the least athletic person on your kick ball team on your first pick.  It isn't happening.  And if you were picked it would be like someone that tries out for American Idol who is terrible but funny as heck to watch.  The only thing you would be is a comedy show for him.  <.<

Perhaps the Devil is atheism's and the sceptics biggest fan?

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#67    The Unseen

The Unseen

Poltergeist

• 2,774 posts

• Whats out there?

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:12 PM

View Postthekeyboardkid, on 06 July 2008 - 01:52 AM, said:

Nothing.

This is more serious than just fooling around.  Honestly.  I've been hearing a whole bunch of stories 'bout people being possessed and whatnot (both here and several other websites); so, I figured, what better way to prove to myself that there is such thing as "spirits" than to blatantly set myself up?

So, at around three o' clock in the morning (that's right, the "witching" hour, or whatever you'd rather call it), I called out to the devil in a loud voice, basically told him that I'm his for the taking, in all seriousness, no less, and waited.  It's been two months since, and I didn't say anything because, hey, maybe these things don't work on cue?  

Anyhow, I was wondering, I am not just as interesting as other people who "claim" to be possessed and/or tormented by these so-called demons?  So, in a nutshell, I laugh at the devil and spirits in general... that's if, they "do" exist to begin with, which they probably don't.  No offense to anybody.

Thanks for reading.  Comments/flames/whatever appreciated.
If you dont believe in such things why are you here? I think you should be doing something else like playing Xbox  or something instead of slapping  other people in the face who are believers .I think you should go to some other site where you wont offend anyone.

#68    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,742 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:32 PM

View Postthekeyboardkid, on 01 June 2012 - 10:07 AM, said:

Still nothing. Am rather bored. Oh, well. I'll update this thread in another couple of years. :cat:  << I really like that emoticon.
you are not alone.
sakari has been trying everything short of wearing a speedo to get a demon to come around, and apparently they refuse to play with those who are skeptical - according to dside anyway
http://www.unexplain...topic=181521=

JGirl's official tune of the day - hear it here!

Posted Image.. but as for this house of cards you are building..  a butterfly fart would knock it down.

#69    GoSC

GoSC

• 2,615 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:55 AM

View Postthekeyboardkid, on 06 July 2008 - 01:52 AM, said:

Nothing.

This is more serious than just fooling around.  Honestly.  I've been hearing a whole bunch of stories 'bout people being possessed and whatnot (both here and several other websites); so, I figured, what better way to prove to myself that there is such thing as "spirits" than to blatantly set myself up?

So, at around three o' clock in the morning (that's right, the "witching" hour, or whatever you'd rather call it), I called out to the devil in a loud voice, basically told him that I'm his for the taking, in all seriousness, no less, and waited.  It's been two months since, and I didn't say anything because, hey, maybe these things don't work on cue?  

Anyhow, I was wondering, I am not just as interesting as other people who "claim" to be possessed and/or tormented by these so-called demons?  So, in a nutshell, I laugh at the devil and spirits in general... that's if, they "do" exist to begin with, which they probably don't.  No offense to anybody.

Thanks for reading.  Comments/flames/whatever appreciated.

How do you not know they put the thought of this thread into your head before you posted it? Likewise, Sakari's thread.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#70    SoloCell

SoloCell

Government Agent

• 3,284 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:26 PM

View Postdside, on 12 June 2012 - 08:55 AM, said:

How do you not know they put the thought of this thread into your head before you posted it? Likewise, Sakari's thread.

Paint with a broad enough brush, huh...? lol

#71    GoSC

GoSC

• 2,615 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:35 PM

View PostPauly Dangerously, on 12 June 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

Paint with a broad enough brush, huh...? lol

No, just the Devil has the power to put thoughts into our minds, tempting us to act upon it impulsively and surrender to them. Do we act upon them or cast them aside?

#72    SoloCell

SoloCell

Government Agent

• 3,284 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:13 PM

View Postdside, on 12 June 2012 - 11:35 PM, said:

No, just the Devil has the power to put thoughts into our minds, tempting us to act upon it impulsively and surrender to them. Do we act upon them or cast them aside?

Well, if one chooses to go by the evidence and believes that there is no such thing as the devil, then it all boils down to people making decisions. People can choose to act upon thier melevolent thoughts or urges without being nudged by an invisble, evil, ex-archangel... in my opinion. I simply don't see the need for there to be more than that. Sometimes bad people do bad things. Why does it have to be some grandiose battle between two opposing armies? It seems an overcomplicated explanation for something so simple.

#73    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,583 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:13 AM

View Postdside, on 05 June 2012 - 06:49 PM, said:

Perhaps the Devil is atheism's and the sceptics biggest fan?
Because the Devil values critical thinking?

#74    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,709 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:39 PM

Well, yeah...nothing. I would think the lord of darkness has far better things to do than answer to a puny human's beckon call.

#75    A Shadow

A Shadow

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:44 PM

Maybe the devil answered your call but you were unable to "hear" it? Maybe your life has been influence by the devil, the truth is one can never know such a thing for certain. If real, then it is beyond current understanding. Would it not be?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users