Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

What happens when you call out the devil?

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#76    Papa Whiskey

Papa Whiskey

HooDoo Man

• 3,286 posts

• Man is the unnatural animal, the rebel child of nature. - H.G. Wells

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:48 PM

View PostA Silent Shadow, on 21 June 2012 - 10:44 PM, said:

Maybe the devil answered your call but you were unable to "hear" it? Maybe your life has been influence by the devil, the truth is one can never know such a thing for certain. If real, then it is beyond current understanding. Would it not be?

What would be the point of answering a call if someone cant hear you? If the DEVIL HIMSELF responded to you, don't you think it would be damn obvious?

And finally, anyone who uses the terms "irregardless", " a whole 'nother" or "all of the sudden", shall be sent to a work camp!

#77    lizzieboo

lizzieboo

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

• He was more like a succession of extraordinary events than a person. (Douglas Adams)

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:58 PM

View Postthekeyboardkid, on 01 June 2012 - 10:07 AM, said:

Still nothing. Am rather bored. Oh, well. I'll update this thread in another couple of years. :cat:  << I really like that emoticon.

Actually, given the arrogance of your latest post, it sounds like he has, in fact, shown up.

All right, I see what's going on. This is the opening salvo in what will be an escalating series of juvenile tit for tat exchanges. Well titted! Stand by for my upcoming tat. --Dr. Sheldon Cooper

#78    A Shadow

A Shadow

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:52 PM

View PostPauly Dangerously said:

What would be the point of answering a call if someone cant hear you? If the DEVIL HIMSELF responded to you, don't you think it would be damn obvious?

I don't see how one can know if it would be obvious or not to hear the call. If the devil did exist all this time can one say that it obvious that he doesn't answer everyone's call? There is just no way to know for certain.

Would you say there is no point in the devil calling him if he can't hear him? If he exist of course.

*edit*typos

Edited by A Silent Shadow, 22 June 2012 - 08:53 PM.

#79    Arbitran

Arbitran

Post-Singularitan Hyperturing Synthetic Intelligence

• 2,767 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:57 PM

View Postthekeyboardkid, on 06 July 2008 - 01:52 AM, said:

Nothing.

This is more serious than just fooling around.  Honestly.  I've been hearing a whole bunch of stories 'bout people being possessed and whatnot (both here and several other websites); so, I figured, what better way to prove to myself that there is such thing as "spirits" than to blatantly set myself up?

So, at around three o' clock in the morning (that's right, the "witching" hour, or whatever you'd rather call it), I called out to the devil in a loud voice, basically told him that I'm his for the taking, in all seriousness, no less, and waited.  It's been two months since, and I didn't say anything because, hey, maybe these things don't work on cue?  

Anyhow, I was wondering, I am not just as interesting as other people who "claim" to be possessed and/or tormented by these so-called demons?  So, in a nutshell, I laugh at the devil and spirits in general... that's if, they "do" exist to begin with, which they probably don't.  No offense to anybody.

Thanks for reading.  Comments/flames/whatever appreciated.

Yes, the real answer to this question is: nothing. Calling out imaginary beings doesn't tend to do anything...

Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

#80    rashore

rashore

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,276 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:39 PM

What happens when a random person calls out "Here Devil, Devil, Devil" like a dinner call to a dog? Nothing. Sure. Most callings seem to require more than just that. I too will recommend Sakari's thread.. http://www.unexplain...opic=181521&hl=

Your ad hominem connotes your sciolism. Now that is some funny commentary.

#81    Dark_Tranquility

Dark_Tranquility

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:10 PM

Its A Forum Thats What Is For.Its Open For everyones Entitled Opinion.-_-

#82    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:56 PM

God needs to allow the devil to put the heat on someone. Or so I thought.
So maybe try him first.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 23 June 2012 - 11:56 PM.

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#83    NavyDoc

NavyDoc

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 204 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:32 PM

Just to lighten the mood, here is the first thing I thought of when I read the OP's title.

Of course this dates me a little bit.Posted Image

#84    Papa Whiskey

Papa Whiskey

HooDoo Man

• 3,286 posts

• Man is the unnatural animal, the rebel child of nature. - H.G. Wells

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:43 PM

View PostA Silent Shadow, on 22 June 2012 - 08:52 PM, said:

I don't see how one can know if it would be obvious or not to hear the call. If the devil did exist all this time can one say that it obvious that he doesn't answer everyone's call? There is just no way to know for certain.

Would you say there is no point in the devil calling him if he can't hear him? If he exist of course.

*edit*typos

So your whole argument is to make it seem so vague that there is no refutation possible? I posit that if SATAN answered, one would certainly know it. Because it's SATAN. The Son of Perdition, the Prince of Darkness, the all time BIG BAD. The guy who started a war with GOD. Somehow, subtelty doesn't seem like his style.

And finally, anyone who uses the terms "irregardless", " a whole 'nother" or "all of the sudden", shall be sent to a work camp!

#85    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Forum Divinity

• 10,579 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:14 PM

Maybe Santa gets all those letters kids send him.

#86    A Shadow

A Shadow

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:13 AM

View PostPauly Dangerously said:

So your whole argument is to make it seem so vague that there is no refutation possible? I posit that if SATAN answered, one would certainly know it. Because it's SATAN. The Son of Perdition, the Prince of Darkness, the all time BIG BAD. The guy who started a war with GOD. Somehow, subtelty doesn't seem like his style.
If we agree to this view of Satan then yes, If he wanted to answer directly, it would be heard. But if he wanted, he could answer in a vague and simply way, In which one could forever question if it was him or not. Example a bookshelf falling down and breaking the bones of the caller. Or even something less obvious. Maybe his way of saying leave a message.

#87    A Shadow

A Shadow

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:25 AM

There must be thousands of people calling on the devil, I wonder if he just tunes it all out :P

Edited by A Silent Shadow, 10 July 2012 - 03:25 AM.

#88    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

• "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:41 AM

Go to a Place that is Supposedly Haunted with demons then call them out at 3 o clock there.

#89    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 7,762 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:22 PM

View Poststevemagegod, on 11 August 2012 - 12:41 AM, said:

Go to a Place that is Supposedly Haunted with demons then call them out at 3 o clock there.
Or go into a spring meadow in view of a rainbow and call out unicorns. I'm sure you'll get the same result.

"You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla."

"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#90    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,098 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:33 AM

View Poststevemagegod, on 11 August 2012 - 12:41 AM, said:

so which country and state time zone is this true? What about day light savings? am or pm? Using your logic, i can call for a demon at any time because it is 3:00 some where.

Edited by Brian Topp, 12 August 2012 - 04:49 AM.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route to find out what really happened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users