Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Perfect Society

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16    strichar

strichar

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

• I am the only god of my world, and only god of my world. -Jesiah Tinalinde

Posted 11 March 2004 - 03:52 AM

The Iroquois were also extremely savage in their dealings with captives!
It was a common practice for The Iroquois to torture their captives by cutting off parts of their body while they were still alive and cooking and eating the flesh whilst their captives looked on in agony.

Tradition credits the formation of the Iroquois Confederacy, forged between 1570 and 1600, to Dekanawidah, born a Huron, who is said to have persuaded Hiawatha, an influential Onondaga who had become the Mohawks' war chief, to abandon cannibalism and advance "peace, civil authority, righteousness, and the great law" as sanctions for confederation.

Cannibalism was a practice thought to only be attributed to the Mohawk. After the formation of the Iroquios confederation cannibalism was outlawed.

Avatar Animation done by thBarman. Thanks Barman.

Posted Image
"A man's dreams are an index to his greatness."

-- Cardinal Durand XVIII

The point is to discover that core of uniqueness that is in each of us, that is beyond all social roles and to make that the point from which we act, live, and think in the world.

#17    Talon

Talon

UM Chess Tournament Champion 2005

• 15,003 posts

• Life, Death, Anime inbetween

Posted 12 March 2004 - 01:44 AM

If I had 'society' my way...everyone would live Talon's way....in a Marxist existence while worshipping at the foot of the cross. All would do for all as Marx
envisioned and everyone would forgive all as Jesus envisioned.

tongue.gif

Personally all historical societies had flaws.. so give me a society were the cute girl's all wear sailor fukus (drool.... fuku), I'm supreme ruler and everyone thinks I'm the greatest thing since slice bread, no crime, no foreign opponents, and we all strive to better ourselves  grin2.gif  thumbsup.gif  

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#18    doomgirl

doomgirl

Government Agent

• 3,323 posts

Posted 12 March 2004 - 02:43 AM

No Religion to govern how people should act or that course wars

where people and animals are equal

no pollution

Spaceflight News - UM's Sister Site - Join Us

It ain't fittin'... it ain't fittin'. It jes' ain't fittin'... It ain't fittin'
Do I look like a freakin' people person?
All Things Wrestling Forum
Arts, Crafts N Gardens Forum

Computer Support Forum
Amby's Forum
Panda.org - WWF
Posted Image

#19    PsychicPenguin

PsychicPenguin

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 12 March 2004 - 05:39 AM

As all society has flaws, my perfect society will be a society that does no longer exist.

#20    Chris_com28

Chris_com28

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 13 March 2004 - 04:33 AM

A sociest where people work to gether to make the world a better place and to live in harmony with the earth.
Free, popetual energy devices would be a part of everones home.
Also science would have either prooved or debunked religion.

Row, row, row your boat
Gently down the Stream
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily
Life is but a Dream

#21    strichar

strichar

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 18 March 2004 - 06:44 AM

Does anyone think there is a society in history they would have liked to live in?

Posted Image

-- Cardinal Durand XVIII

The point is to discover that core of uniqueness that is in each of us, that is beyond all social roles and to make that the point from which we act, live, and think in the world.

#22    secondhand

secondhand

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

• Bah humbug

Posted 26 March 2004 - 10:11 AM

QUOTE (Talon S. @ Mar 12 2004, 01:44 AM)
I'm supreme ruler and everyone thinks I'm the greatest thing since slice bread

It would be better if people thought I was an improvement on sliced bread.

#23    WorkMonkey

WorkMonkey

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 03:31 PM

It's odd how alot of people associate our nature as being corrupt, what factors make it corrupt?
And which of these factors does not occur naturally, things like violence, and suffering I'm sure would all be top on your list of things not in a perfect society, yet earlier today my cat spent 45 minutes mauling a pigeon to death, there's nothing wrong with that, I cant say the cat is evil or sinning its the most natural thing in the world, its doing what nature made it do, we do exactly what nature makes us do, lie, cheat, steal, abuse etc. Though we have the conscious will to think "I dont want to do this" we are afterall, subject to our instincts. This whole concept of a perfect society is just mans way of making a morally acceptable world, why not just let nature take its course?

The Proposer - "there is well documented evidence of eyewitness acounts of god."

BEST QUOTE EVERRRRRRRRR

#24    spectral

spectral

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 185 posts

• Bloody typical!

Posted 26 March 2004 - 05:15 PM

Hmm, perhaps because if we're all busy doing just what our nature dictates and using our instincts as an excuse for our behaviour the whole world would be in such a state of chaos that we'd never have progressed to a reasonably well ordered society in which such things as science could flourish, so therefore this discussion wouldn't take place and certainly not on the internet as none of it would exist.

I don't buy this Darwinian survival of the fittest/might is right crap. It's the bully boys cop out clause, give me any society no matter how flawed that at leasts attempts to strive for something better.

#25    WorkMonkey

WorkMonkey

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE (spectral @ Mar 26 2004, 05:15 PM)
Hmm, perhaps because if we're all busy doing just what our nature dictates and using our instincts as an excuse for our behaviour the whole world would be in such a state of chaos that we'd never have progressed to a reasonably well ordered society in which such things as science could flourish, so therefore this discussion wouldn't take place and certainly not on the internet as none of it would exist.

But that doesn't make it wrong.

The Proposer - "there is well documented evidence of eyewitness acounts of god."

BEST QUOTE EVERRRRRRRRR

#26    spectral

spectral

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 185 posts

• Bloody typical!

Posted 26 March 2004 - 05:23 PM

No just brutal, and it sounds like a real drag! sad.gif  

#27    fearfulone

fearfulone

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

• Believe no one that believes you...Trust no one that trusts you...and for your own sake...don't listen to a word i say

Posted 26 March 2004 - 05:59 PM

My Perfect Society would be me alone with a hot woman naked on a deserted island with no communication with anyone anywhere...just me and her...and no babies...just a woman...my little sex toy  wink2.gif  tongue.gif  

Trust no one that trusts you!

"you will need at least two more of the male variety to even pose a threat to us women... remember ... we can think with both the right and left sides of our brain!"
-nxt2hvn

CONSPIRACY I SAY!! CONSPIRACY!

"It's not the bad things that happen to you your upset about, it's the good things that happen to other people that piss you off."
-Robert Udall in 'As Good As It Gets'

#28    strichar

strichar

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 27 March 2004 - 05:58 AM

grin2.gif  sasmokin.gif I've had dreams about that before.
My Perfect Society would be me alone with a hot woman naked on a deserted island with no communication with anyone anywhere...just me and her...and no babies...just a woman...my little sex toy   

Posted Image

-- Cardinal Durand XVIII

#29    cos_mic_kid

cos_mic_kid

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 39 posts

• Behold the truth in ONE, but it is the SECOND that leads you astray.........Kabir

Posted 27 March 2004 - 06:16 PM

Has anyone read Brave New World by Huxley - he discusses a society of the future. One which is actually happening. How mad is that?

#30    cos_mic_kid

cos_mic_kid

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 39 posts

• Behold the truth in ONE, but it is the SECOND that leads you astray.........Kabir

Posted 27 March 2004 - 06:17 PM

Has anyone read Brave New World by Huxley - he discusses a society of the future. One which is actually happening. How mad is that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users