Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Is this Epathy

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1    Confused2

Confused2

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:13 PM

I hope I 'm posting in the right forum

Is this Epathy: when I try to point out that there is more to Waving a Flag and putting a bumper sticker saying We support Our Troups on our cars on a forum, I get attacked ,even by somebody that fought in Iraq, and it's the only time they get all Patroitic.

This is happening all over the United States, troops come home wounded, they get a Flag waving, after this the Flage waving stops, these same people hear about these troops being denied Benifits, put on waiting list for Medical treatment, Etc. My question to them is where are you now with Your Flags and bumper stickers????????

One incident I think of, happened in our home town, a solider came back from Iraq, started having flash backs, took a Rifle Killed a Man and Woman and filled a house full of bullet holes and not one of these Patroitic folks showed up at the County Jail saying they understood why He did something like this showing support for him.

I think I will post this on the website I talked about and see how many of them I can get to go and Wave their Flag in suppot for Him, all I will do is start a war, but this is what I think I'm here for is to remind them there is two side to every story, and one of them is the one they don't want to look at because it to depressing for them.

Thanks for listening

#2    John from Lowell

John from Lowell

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,739 posts

• Self Love Unlocks the Magic Inside

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:01 PM

The cost of war is greater than we think.

At the core of every human is the desire to get along with one another. Once the logical mind is convinced it must avenge a wrong, that core understanding is compromised.

It is good to appreciate that we are all spiritual/energy beings have a physical experience.

John

What We Are Never Changes !!

Who We Are Is Always Changing !!!

#3    Confused2

Confused2

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:35 PM

EMPATHY I need to do a preview before posting Don't I  ohmy.gif

Edited by Confused2, 08 July 2008 - 10:37 PM.

#4    WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

Poltergeist

• 2,313 posts

• It is good to give him thanks and praise...

Posted 09 July 2008 - 12:38 AM

Confused2 on Jul 8 2008, 02:13 PM, said:

Is this Epathy: when I try to point out that there is more to Waving a Flag and putting a bumper sticker saying We support Our Troups on our cars on a forum, I get attacked ,even by somebody that fought in Iraq, and it's the only time they get all Patroitic.

This is happening all over the United States, troops come home wounded, they get a Flag waving, after this the Flage waving stops, these same people hear about these troops being denied Benifits, put on waiting list for Medical treatment, Etc. My question to them is where are you now with Your Flags and bumper stickers????????

One incident I think of, happened in our home town, a solider came back from Iraq, started having flash backs, took a Rifle Killed a Man and Woman and filled a house full of bullet holes and not one of these Patroitic folks showed up at the County Jail saying they understood why He did something like this showing support for him.

I think I will post this on the website I talked about and see how many of them I can get to go and Wave their Flag in suppot for Him, all I will do is start a war, but this is what I think I'm here for is to remind them there is two side to every story, and one of them is the one they don't want to look at because it to depressing for them.

Thanks for listening

No honey- This is Sympathy....
Empathy is when you pick up and FEEL others emotions as if living and feeling them them yourself..........

Blessings

#5    Amberlight

Amberlight

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 04:01 AM

Confused2 on Jul 8 2008, 11:13 AM, said:

And there attacking you is called apathy. The lack of desire to think about or care for the feelings of another human being.

Edited by Amberlight, 09 July 2008 - 04:03 AM.

Today on my walk I passed by this old lady who was sweetly calling to her cat. She said, “Here Sylvester, here kitty kitty, come here.” But while she said it she was holding this large broom. This made me wonder what she knew about Sylvester that the rest of us didn’t. - Amberlight

#6    Sporkling

Sporkling

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,841 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:26 AM

Confused2 on Jul 9 2008, 02:13 AM, said:

Thanks for listening

Yes. It is. Just shield them

#7    Moonie2012

Moonie2012

Alien Abducter

• Banned
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:56 PM

Empathy it is not.

#8    Oderint

Oderint

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

• Buggere Alle this for a Larke.

Posted 11 July 2008 - 01:51 AM

Confused2 on Jul 9 2008, 12:35 AM, said:

EMPATHY I need to do a preview before posting Don't I  ohmy.gif

I didn't know wether or not you meant empathy or apathy tongue.gif

That said, I'd suggest that everyone who have been "fighting overseas" has the same rights as anyone else. No more, no less.
If a war vet. kills his family he's just as guilty as someone else who does it, and he deserves just as little praise for doing so.

People who praise your "heroes" praise them for what they do in war, not for what they do at home to their families.

The Legend of the Ice people
Reviews here
Formerly known as Prawus

#9    Aubrienne_Ellyrias

Aubrienne_Ellyrias

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

• Those who criticize our generation forget who raised it.

Posted 17 July 2008 - 11:51 AM

geeesh no wonder i was so confused !! haha you made me read your story like 3 times to try and get it.

Were not IT..were just the other side, the empty unimportant consiquence trying to be a problem and solve itself..we are stuck, we are shadows, an echo of reality.

#10    puridalan

puridalan

Mystical as a Unicorn...

• 3,844 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 11:56 PM

Humans can be very cruel sometimes, a solider I knew was in Greece when the Trade Centers collapsed. When he was at Greece when this happened he said they were cheering that the towers feel down, appaulding and everything. Even though I heard this it wasn't going to make me hate them or pity, it gave me an understanding what 'false' pride can do to people.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter if you speak that language, have this flag, or at war with another country...it doesn't make you better. Sometimes wars must go on in order for peace, but just because their is a war doesn't mean one can't still not hate that same country. But then again I know that sometimes we all think we are doing the right things, sometimes the big picture is divided into eachothers souls and can only  be seen when one is truely content and aware.

Edited by puridalan, 25 July 2008 - 11:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users