Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Real?

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#16    Carolina Cottontail

Carolina Cottontail

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 226 posts

• "Even the smallest person can change the future".
    JRR Tolkien

Posted 05 July 2008 - 04:33 AM

I watched, the only thing that I noticed were her lovely eyes looking directly into mine.  Of course if I looked at her hair, or neck or whatever, nothing.  I just felt drawn  to her eyes.  But I think that is sort of a normal human thing.  To look into someones eyes.  Nothing creepy though.

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future."  J. R. R. Tolkein

#17    ValkyrieVoice

ValkyrieVoice

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

• "Bubble, Bubble Toil And Trouble;
    Fire Burn, And Cauldron Bubble.
    Double, Double Toil And Trouble
    Something Wicked This Way Comes."

Posted 05 July 2008 - 06:14 AM

Slide on Jul 4 2008, 06:48 PM, said:

Okay, there's this picture in the internet, which is said to be the portrait of a girl who killed herself... Everyone who saw it claims that it moved or something happened... There is not a single comment on the video that says she doesn't move. And even if you pause the video she still does some weird creepy stuff...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX3j7p1G2D8...feature=related

See for yourself

I didn't have the guts to see it, but I've read the feedback... you probably should too...

Fake?

Sorry if it's a repost and if it's in the wrong section please move it... since I found robert the doll thread here and that's what lead me to this pic I've decided to post it here too

I watched it. Did what it told me to do. To stare at her for five minutes. The MOST I saw happening was in the peripheral view of my eye sight and that was that she "smirked". But I can't "claim" that it was because of the picture or that it was because of my eyesight going "dim" from staring at the picture, you know?

"You Look Up When You Feel The Need For Elevation And I Look Down Because I Am Elevated. ..."

Thus Spake Zarathustra

-Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

#18    Undeadskeptic

Undeadskeptic

Government Agent

• 3,628 posts

• What happened to the American dream? It came true, you're lookin' at it.

Posted 05 July 2008 - 07:23 AM

I think this belongs in the Ghosts and Hauntings board?

Jesus, I was evil

#19    Kar-zid

Kar-zid

Ultra Director

• 1,471 posts

• Winner of the "Ghost Picture Competition": SomeOldLady

Posted 05 July 2008 - 08:18 AM

Slide on Jul 5 2008, 09:48 AM, said:

Okay, there's this picture in the internet, which is said to be the portrait of a girl who killed herself... Everyone who saw it claims that it moved or something happened... There is not a single comment on the video that says she doesn't move. And even if you pause the video she still does some weird creepy stuff...

See for yourself

I didn't have the guts to see it, but I've read the feedback... you probably should too...

Fake?

Sorry if it's a repost and if it's in the wrong section please move it... since I found robert the doll thread here and that's what lead me to this pic I've decided to post it here too

It's just a  picture of a pretty girl, the reason it seems to move is because you're straining your eyes. I personally thought I saw it breathing, and it's eyes sort of sparkling, but that was it, and both of nthose things are normal when you stare at something for a long time. Try it with your refleciton, you'll see it does the same thing, just stare at your reflection with as much intensity as you stared at the picture and it will move too. But, the pictures story is very creepy, and I do wonder if this painting really is haunted, but the picture moving is only a trick of the eye. Thanks for the great video though!  happy.gif

Winners of the Fakest Pic On The Net Comp": Mister E. (now Samael) & n_a_t_a_l_i_e (now NatalieK)

Winner of the "Best Ghost Photo Competition": Some Old Lady

#20    Radian

Radian

Καρδιά ενός &a

• 8,002 posts

• Καρδιά ενός δράκου

Posted 05 July 2008 - 08:24 AM

Shocking?? omg.

Posted Image <-- my attack bee

#21    Tokemus

Tokemus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 124 posts

• Insanity's Asylum

Posted 05 July 2008 - 08:27 AM

That girl must have been really hot if her self portrait came out that good...

#22    Anukis

Anukis

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

• When everyone is against you, it means that you are absolutely wrong-- or absolutely right.

Posted 05 July 2008 - 08:58 AM

ok i just saw it without reading the initial words, and...nothing happened. Although sometimes my eyes begin to dim and i knew i was about to 'see' it moving, so i stop starring but and just look at the pic, and nothing. It is an optical illusion. Notice the picture is blurred around the ages, the eyes are bright and her lips are slightly open, that altogether looks very much like trying to convey an optical illusion into the viewer. Never saw such pics guys? laugh.gif

Posted Image

#23    Undeadskeptic

Undeadskeptic

Government Agent

• 3,628 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 09:16 AM

Anukis on Jul 5 2008, 08:58 PM, said:

ok i just saw it without reading the initial words, and...nothing happened. Although sometimes my eyes begin to dim and i knew i was about to 'see' it moving, so i stop starring but and just look at the pic, and nothing. It is an optical illusion. Notice the picture is blurred around the ages, the eyes are bright and her lips are slightly open, that altogether looks very much like trying to convey an optical illusion into the viewer. Never saw such pics guys? laugh.gif

To prove that you are right, I am attempting to create a similar image with the same effects, watch this space...

Jesus, I was evil

#24    DemonWatcher

DemonWatcher

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

• I am a Watcher who must endure, in order to see I must abide by the laws of time.

Posted 05 July 2008 - 09:49 AM

Well, for starters, i figured out something, when I wanted the image to smile it did, same with the breathing, no winking (can be caused when you blink), the image did however seem to move within those stupid black bars, shifting up then down and then side to side.  other than that i got this odd feeling like I was looking at something that in its original form is somewhat alive, I get the same feeling when I look at the art in a museum.

I am a Watcher by birth, and so it should not surprise any when my observations are truthful.

History is where you confuse the long since deceased
And irritate the h**l out of the living.~ Golden Hawk

#25    Cyaneyed

Cyaneyed

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

• Yeah, then you woke up with your head in your cornflakes.

Posted 05 July 2008 - 11:04 AM

ValkyrieVoice on Jul 5 2008, 07:14 AM, said:

I watched it. Did what it told me to do. To stare at her for five minutes. The MOST I saw happening was in the peripheral view of my eye sight and that was that she "smirked". But I can't "claim" that it was because of the picture or that it was because of my eyesight going "dim" from staring at the picture, you know?

Indeed. I had the same conclusion, it appeared to me as if her lips became pursed, but it was just from staring so long.

"Even real sounds like a zero to a brain in lip sync"

#26    saturnrings

saturnrings

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 11:49 AM

Slide on Jul 5 2008, 12:48 AM, said:

See for yourself

Fake?

pretty face, pretty eyes but how many people have blue eyes in japan??????
this makes me think that the pic and the story is nonsense. i stared at her for a bit but since i have just waken up 12;30 uk time zone ( i know lol...) my eyes havent adjust just yet. from the bit that i looked tho, it seems that she is looking at you , breathes and she is oh so pretty, a bit sad girl.......oh well i wished her to move into the light and that was that as far as im concerned. cherio

#27    saturnrings

saturnrings

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 11:50 AM

DemonWatcher on Jul 5 2008, 10:49 AM, said:

Well, for starters, i figured out something, when I wanted the image to smile it did, same with the breathing, no winking (can be caused when you blink), the image did however seem to move within those stupid black bars, shifting up then down and then side to side.  other than that i got this odd feeling like I was looking at something that in its original form is somewhat alive, I get the same feeling when I look at the art in a museum.

oh such a nice comment of yours........what you see is the life force of the artist who created it....nice

#28    Undeadskeptic

Undeadskeptic

Government Agent

• 3,628 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 11:58 AM

saturnriggs on Jul 5 2008, 11:50 PM, said:

oh such a nice comment of yours........what you see is the life force of the artist who created it....nice

Art is a self obsessed lie.

Jesus, I was evil

#29    saturnrings

saturnrings

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 12:05 PM

Undeadskeptic on Jul 5 2008, 12:58 PM, said:

Art is a self obsessed lie.

it is a case of can / cannot see!