Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 3 votes

i believe i have video of a ghost....


  • Please log in to reply
430 replies to this topic

#1    Javier

Javier

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 104 posts
  • Joined:12 Jul 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Eastside Indianapolis

Posted 12 July 2008 - 11:56 AM

i dont know if anybody is familiar with the sylvia likens story....she was a young girl who was tortured and then killed back around 1965 on the eastside of indianapolis.....the movies an american crime and the girl next door were about her

well i videotaped the house, posted it on youtube.....somebody pointed out to me that around 40-45 seconds, the upper left window has a figure in it of some kind, and the shades are pulled up

now, this house was COMPLETELY SEALED when we filmed this, because we checked that......i guess it could be a squatter in the house somehow, the neighborhood is rough (i have lived there for 10 years) but i just dont see how anybody could of gotten into the house

heres the video + a stillscreen shot

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vrgjvPsRYDE
http://es.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2m7dgn8&s=4

serious comments only please....i have become obsessed with this house....about a week ago i drove past it at around 4:30 AM, and as i turned east onto new york street i looked in my rearview mirror and i could of swore i saw a face in the window and the window open....i cut thru an alley and drove back to the house, and the window was shut (i have it all on tape, just havent posted it yet)

i have always believed in spirits, but was never all that interested in it until learning about the case, because the house is only about a mile away from me

please give me your input...



1 thing i definitely think is worth mentioning: the window in question at 43 seconds is the room where her body was found and where a good amount of the torturing was done

Edited by Javier, 12 July 2008 - 04:25 PM.


#2    saturnrings

saturnrings

    Psychic Spy

  • Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Joined:22 Jun 2008

Posted 12 July 2008 - 12:06 PM

Javier on Jul 12 2008, 12:56 PM, said:

i don't know if anybody is familiar with the sylvia likens story....she was a young girl who was tortured and then killed back around 1965 on the eastside of indianapolis.....the movies an american crime and the girl next door were about her

well i videotaped the house, posted it on youtube.....somebody pointed out to me that around 40-45 seconds, the upper left window has a figure in it of some kind, and the shades are pulled up

now, this house was COMPLETELY SEALED when we filmed this, because we checked that......i guess it could be a squatter in the house somehow, the neighborhood is rough (i have lived there for 10 years) but i just dont see how anybody could of gotten into the house

heres the video + a stillscreen shot

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vrgjvPsRYDE
http://es.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2m7dgn8&s=4

serious comments only please....i have become obsessed with this house....about a week ago i drove past it at around 4:30 AM, and as i turned east onto new york street i looked in my rearview mirror and i could of swore i saw a face in the window and the window open....i cut thru an alley and drove back to the house, and the window was shut (i have it all on tape, just havent posted it yet)

i have always believed in spirits, but was never all that interested in it until learning about the case, because the house is only about a mile away from me

please give me your input...


two options:
you either obessed because you have nothing else to do with your time OR
you have a past time memory you may have been that little girl and now you going back to learn more about your past OR been involved in this case somehow
each of these  3 options need some careful consideration from your behalf, research topped with a possible past life regression


#3    Javier

Javier

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 104 posts
  • Joined:12 Jul 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Eastside Indianapolis

Posted 12 July 2008 - 12:49 PM

saturnriggs on Jul 12 2008, 08:06 AM, said:

two options:
you either obessed because you have nothing else to do with your time OR
you have a past time memory you may have been that little girl and now you going back to learn more about your past OR been involved in this case somehow
each of these  3 options need some careful consideration from your behalf, research topped with a possible past life regression


please dont judge me like that for real....i live a mile from the house and i drive alot....dont tell me i have too much time on my hands cuz i work 60 hours a week and have a daughter


#4    gabe

gabe

    Psychic Spy

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts
  • Joined:26 Jul 2004
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 12 July 2008 - 12:59 PM

I also noticed the courtains getting pulled at 0:43, which is kind of weird. Can you think of anyway it might be possible to get inside? are there any opening on the second floor where wind might be blowing at the courtains?


#5    Elite

Elite

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts
  • Joined:09 Apr 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:britain

  • ''If you cant beat them, arrange to have them beaten'' - Me

Posted 12 July 2008 - 01:15 PM

Javier on Jul 12 2008, 12:56 PM, said:

i dont know if anybody is familiar with the sylvia likens story....she was a young girl who was tortured and then killed back around 1965 on the eastside of indianapolis.....the movies an american crime and the girl next door were about her

well i videotaped the house, posted it on youtube.....somebody pointed out to me that around 40-45 seconds, the upper left window has a figure in it of some kind, and the shades are pulled up

now, this house was COMPLETELY SEALED when we filmed this, because we checked that......i guess it could be a squatter in the house somehow, the neighborhood is rough (i have lived there for 10 years) but i just dont see how anybody could of gotten into the house

heres the video + a stillscreen shot

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vrgjvPsRYDE
http://es.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2m7dgn8&s=4

serious comments only please....i have become obsessed with this house....about a week ago i drove past it at around 4:30 AM, and as i turned east onto new york street i looked in my rearview mirror and i could of swore i saw a face in the window and the window open....i cut thru an alley and drove back to the house, and the window was shut (i have it all on tape, just havent posted it yet)

i have always believed in spirits, but was never all that interested in it until learning about the case, because the house is only about a mile away from me

please give me your input...

omg
i aswell noticed the windows curtain gets opened at 43 and again at 47
man thats creepy


#6    Oderint

Oderint

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • Joined:21 Feb 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Trondheim

  • Buggere Alle this for a Larke.

Posted 12 July 2008 - 01:34 PM

if that's your music playing towards the end, let me be the first to commend you for your excellent taste grin2.gif
Should I stay or should I go.... maybe that's what the girl ghost is thinking? tongue.gif

as for the curtains, could be just the reflection of a tree or something? played it back 2-3 times to see and it didn't seem "unatural" IMO

edit, again:
after viewing it 4-5 times I really can't tell. there didn't seem to be any kind of tree close by that would give that kind of reflection. but there seemed to be something in the window earlier as well.

Edited by Prawus, 12 July 2008 - 01:39 PM.

The Legend of the Ice people
Reviews here
Formerly known as Prawus


#7    Aanica

Aanica

    Government Agent

  • Banned
  • 3,299 posts
  • Joined:16 Apr 2008
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 12 July 2008 - 02:58 PM

Until you figure out what it is thats drawing you to this event you probably wont get peace, but I would be careful with this one,  if its the ghost attached to you,  remember you have a young daughter she(the spirit) may seek safety with you because I feel you being drawn to her probably means your sensitive to spirits. They know when someone can pick up their vibrations, you should not let her attach to you, you are alive with home and family she is dead and needs to move on. You can bring things home with you and put your baby at risk. Sounds ominous but its not, just let her go this is not a good thing.


#8    JustNormal

JustNormal

    Forum Divinity

  • Banned
  • 11,936 posts
  • Joined:21 Apr 2007
  • Gender:Male

Posted 12 July 2008 - 02:59 PM

Before I read the comments I watched the video. At 43 seconds or so I clearly see something in the left top window, but its so fast, and the film maker is all over the place, its hard to tell and the still shot is too small to see. It is obviously very windy so not sure if that played a factor or not. If it has plywood on the windows, its not "completely" sealed. In any case, yes I did see it, but I cannot tell what it is..JN


#9    Nile_Shaman

Nile_Shaman

    Conspiracy Theorist

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Joined:13 May 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Louisiana, USA

  • "Let your love in God, your faith, and grace take you into these places." -Shankpin

Posted 12 July 2008 - 03:18 PM

Javier on Jul 12 2008, 06:56 AM, said:

serious comments only please....i have become obsessed with this house....about a week ago i drove past it at around 4:30 AM, and as i turned east onto new york street i looked in my rearview mirror and i could of swore i saw a face in the window and the window open....i cut thru an alley and drove back to the house, and the window was shut (i have it all on tape, just havent posted it yet)

i have always believed in spirits, but was never all that interested in it until learning about the case, because the house is only about a mile away from me

please give me your input...


Don't feel bad about your "obsession" or people who make fun of it. Back when I was still in high school, I got to sit in a courtroom murder trial to observe, for a course in the legal system. It was a horrible murder, victim stabbed 50-some times, for nothing, really. I'd never seen pictures like that and never imagined such a thing in my comparatively sheltered life to that point. I'd also never heard of the crime in the papers.

It really haunted me until I drove to the location it occurred at and just parked the car and looked across the street at it, trying to grasp why someone would do that to another person, and feeling bad for everyone.

In hindsight, it was sort of grappling with the reality of violence and madness Out There Somewhere for the first time and beginning to question what we're really capable of, inside.

I didn't become a wierdo for it. I went on to become a career cop, and never lost my wondering about people and myself. The victim in this case left me forever with a deep compassion for the weak and helpless in our society.

That process is what I think you are dealing with from a different perspective - you're not as naive as I was back then (1977) - but it is similar, and this house and the memory of Sylvia is simply part of your processing. That she MIGHT HAVE peeked out to let you know she remembers, too, just puts a spin on it original.gif. The old man butchered in his small used car lot office trying to escape from a murderous maniac in my case never did.

There may have been a vagrant or stray cat or similar in the house, but it's fun to just wonder about the window and let it be what it is, I think. I'd be very interested in hearing or seeing further adventures or findings about the house you may have.

Oh, and yeah, your taste in music really rocks  cool.gif

NS

I wasted some time, seeking the meaning of life, but thankfully learned before dying that Life IS the meaning for it all. Now, I just enjoy the heck out of every day. -Nile Shaman

#10    Superman

Superman

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts
  • Joined:22 Nov 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 12 July 2008 - 03:27 PM

I spotted this:


linked-image
linked-image
linked-image
linked-image


Which could easily be someone running to (then away) from the window. Looks like someone in a dark blue or black T-shirt, and his left arm, curved at the elbow, in a jogging motion. If you watch from 1:17 to 1:18 and loop it, you can easily see it's someone jogging to and away from the window. It's easier to see in motion, than from stills taken from the video (it's poor quality.) But its enough to show what I'm seeing.

So, I'm gonna have to call Shenanigans on this one.


-Akaebeel


#11    danni_angel

danni_angel

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined:10 Jul 2008
  • Gender:Female

Posted 12 July 2008 - 03:29 PM

hi...i am dissapointed that people would judge you to have to much time on your hands, i totally disagree. there are paranormal experts out there, that make a living out of this, if this is your hobbie or you enjoy investing these types of things then good luck to you!!!
i am very interested in this video i would like to low the footeage down and zoom in the window of the house.
dont worry what other people say about , you some people are very opinionated.
good luck with the video!
danni. grin2.gif

Danni

#12    Javier

Javier

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 104 posts
  • Joined:12 Jul 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Eastside Indianapolis

Posted 12 July 2008 - 03:33 PM

Nile_Shaman on Jul 12 2008, 11:18 AM, said:

Don't feel bad about your "obsession" or people who make fun of it. Back when I was still in high school, I got to sit in a courtroom murder trial to observe, for a course in the legal system. It was a horrible murder, victim stabbed 50-some times, for nothing, really. I'd never seen pictures like that and never imagined such a thing in my comparatively sheltered life to that point. I'd also never heard of the crime in the papers.

It really haunted me until I drove to the location it occurred at and just parked the car and looked across the street at it, trying to grasp why someone would do that to another person, and feeling bad for everyone.

In hindsight, it was sort of grappling with the reality of violence and madness Out There Somewhere for the first time and beginning to question what we're really capable of, inside.

I didn't become a wierdo for it. I went on to become a career cop, and never lost my wondering about people and myself. The victim in this case left me forever with a deep compassion for the weak and helpless in our society.

That process is what I think you are dealing with from a different perspective - you're not as naive as I was back then (1977) - but it is similar, and this house and the memory of Sylvia is simply part of your processing. That she MIGHT HAVE peeked out to let you know she remembers, too, just puts a spin on it original.gif. The old man butchered in his small used car lot office trying to escape from a murderous maniac in my case never did.

There may have been a vagrant or stray cat or similar in the house, but it's fun to just wonder about the window and let it be what it is, I think. I'd be very interested in hearing or seeing further adventures or findings about the house you may have.

Oh, and yeah, your taste in music really rocks  cool.gif

NS


i really appreciate it and i can see why you would be so interested in that case....this case interests me because it happened in my neighborhood, where i have lived since i was a young child......i used to live on the same street as this house sits on, denny st., about 3 blocks down.....i could of walked there in 3 minutes from that house.......growing up i have always heard stories and rumors about the house, but just recently became interested in it (from very weird circumstances i might add)

by the way, im not saying for sure i think it was sylvia or any other spirit, but it is definitely a possibility to me.....and i know that plywood isnt impossible to get through, but thats just the thing, there was no plywood pealed back or broken off, which i see alot of times in boarded up houses that squatters or copper thefts have to to

and about the camera movements....it is shaky because i was holding it down near my waist, there were alot of people out and i didnt want to attract attention and have people staring at us while filming the house....i held it low at my waist while walking across the backyard (empty lot) area...

and yes......the clash rocks lol


#13    Oderint

Oderint

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • Joined:21 Feb 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Trondheim

  • Buggere Alle this for a Larke.

Posted 12 July 2008 - 03:37 PM

Akaebeel on Jul 12 2008, 05:27 PM, said:

I spotted this:


Which could easily be someone running to (then away) from the window. Looks like someone in a dark blue or black T-shirt, and his left arm, curved at the elbow, in a jogging motion. If you watch from 1:17 to 1:18 and loop it, you can easily see it's someone jogging to and away from the window. It's easier to see in motion, than from stills taken from the video (it's poor quality.) But its enough to show what I'm seeing.

So, I'm gonna have to call Shenanigans on this one.


-Akaebeel

I saw it too and dismissed it as a reflection of a cloud original.gif

The Legend of the Ice people
Reviews here
Formerly known as Prawus


#14    Javier

Javier

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 104 posts
  • Joined:12 Jul 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Eastside Indianapolis

Posted 12 July 2008 - 03:38 PM

Akaebeel on Jul 12 2008, 11:27 AM, said:

I spotted this:


linked-image
linked-image
linked-image
linked-image


Which could easily be someone running to (then away) from the window. Looks like someone in a dark blue or black T-shirt, and his left arm, curved at the elbow, in a jogging motion. If you watch from 1:17 to 1:18 and loop it, you can easily see it's someone jogging to and away from the window. It's easier to see in motion, than from stills taken from the video (it's poor quality.) But its enough to show what I'm seeing.

So, I'm gonna have to call Shenanigans on this one.


-Akaebeel


what do you mean by shenanigans? only 1 other person has suggested that we staged this.....i dont really see how it could be staged, the house is boarded up and has been for a long time.....although i would love to go inside the house, that was not the case



#15    Superman

Superman

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts
  • Joined:22 Nov 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 12 July 2008 - 03:50 PM

Prawus on Jul 12 2008, 08:37 AM, said:

I saw it too and dismissed it as a reflection of a cloud original.gif


I had actually thought of this too. But I have this habit of replaying every few seconds of footage many times over, (Something I picked up by pouring over evidence like this) but it seems, to me, more of an arm in a t-shirt than reflection of a cloud.

Javier on Jul 12 2008, 08:38 AM, said:

what do you mean by shenanigans? only 1 other person has suggested that we staged this.....i dont really see how it could be staged, the house is boarded up and has been for a long time.....although i would love to go inside the house, that was not the case


Might not be intentionally staged. Someone might of found their way into the house. Abandoned houses that are boarded up tend not to be a formidable obstacle to those that want inside the place. I grew up in an area with a several abandoned, boarded up and other wise dilapidated houses. It didn't keep the local kids out of it. And later on, it didn't keep novice ghost hunters out.

So, while it may seem unlikely to you that someone could of gotten in, it'd be wise to at least keep that possibility in mind. When it comes to viewing videos like this (but "ghost hunting" in general), it's usually safer to adopt a "I want to believe" philosophy, while at the same time, trying to/keep in mind that there might be other explanations to what happened, that isn't "paranormal"/"supernatural"/"insertyourtermhere"





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users