Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Malaysian “flying coffin”

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 12 October 2002 - 07:40 AM

A strange sight...

user posted image

10 October, 2002
A SURVEILLANCE camera (CCTV) mounted atop the Kota Kinabalu International Airport terminal captured a rather strange sight resembling a “flying coffin” (picture below and a close-up view above) hovering over Terminal Two, last Friday night.

A senior Malaysia Airports Berhad (MAB) officer said the revolving camera was focusing on the Terminal Two area at about 7.06pm when those monitoring the surveillance were caught by surprise by the object “flying” across the scene within seconds before disappearing from the screen.

An immediate check with the radar station showed the object did not appear on their screen, except for a Malaysia Airlines (MAS) Fokker aircraft taking off three minutes earlier.

The outline of the aircraft was clearly identified on the radar screen, the officer said.

A security guard on duty in the area claimed to have seen the object flying in a great speed over Terminal Two, initially seen rising from the direction of the sea before disappearing over the hills adjacent to the KKIA terminal. “There was no sound at all,” he said.

Magikman   rolleyes.gif                                                

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#2    Kira

Kira

Government Agent

• 4,183 posts

• Sexiest,
    Prettiest,
    Bloodthirstiest,
    Elf Member of the
    Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Thanks TO xx

Posted 12 October 2002 - 09:10 AM

I guess Drac got fed up with turning into a bat then? tongue.gif                                                

We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.

#3    HD

HD

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 12 October 2002 - 03:22 PM

LOL CW! laugh.gif                                                

"You have to learn to love yourself after all you are the only
person you are guaranteed to be with for the rest of your life.."

#4    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 12 October 2002 - 10:17 PM

Good one,  CW!  laugh.gif                                                

"Science may have found a cure for most evils;  but it has
         found no remedy for the worst of them all --- the apathy of human beings."
                                                     Helen Keller

#5    Masterdebater

Masterdebater

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 February 2003 - 07:39 PM

Looks like Cap'n Kirk's shuttle galileo to me... ph34r.gif                                                

#6    Guest_Guest_Martin_*

Guest_Guest_Martin_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2003 - 09:32 PM

I think this might be the most authentic footage we have ever seen. At least the camera was in order and taped SOMETHING. There was SOMETHING, but as to the 'something' really is a UFO? Yes, it is. It is an Unidentified Flying Object, but I don't think the object is from outer space. Someone had a good laugh that night, I think.                                                

#7    Guest_Guest_Martin_*

Guest_Guest_Martin_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2003 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (Guest_Martin @ Feb 18 2003, 09:32 PM)
I think this might be the most authentic footage we have ever seen. At least the camera was in order and taped SOMETHING. There was SOMETHING, but as to the 'something' really is a UFO? Yes, it is. It is an Unidentified Flying Object, but I don't think the object is from outer space. Someone had a good laugh that night, I think.

The image is quite unclear, by the way. blink.gif                                                

#8    snuffypuffer

snuffypuffer

Dandy Fop

• 11,038 posts

• Let's get happy!

Posted 09 March 2003 - 06:25 PM

It was me. laugh.gif                                                  

Nothing to see here.

#9    Tillghast

Tillghast

Forum Divinity

• 2,327 posts

• I'm rather unnatural

Posted 10 May 2003 - 02:43 AM

Why would you call it a coffin??????????????????????????????????????? sleeping.gif                                                  

Posted Image

#10    dust19

dust19

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 07:27 PM

huh, i'm not sure about anything, because i can hardly see the picture..it's rather small, but i know in some cases, if a camera tries to focus on an object that is too bright, you get a lense flare in the shape of that camera's aperature. I know this accounts for a lot of "flying box" or flying diamond" videos and pictures...also for a lot of the "doorway to heaven" pictures. Maybe there was a bright object and the resulting flare looks like a coffin shape?                                                  

#11    T41PAN

T41PAN

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 07:46 PM

First thing I thought was that it looked like a cigarette packet, Marlboro to be precise.
But why it would be flying in the air above Kota Kinabalu International Airport's terminal two is the mystery - maybe it was a packet of Marlboro ultra, ultra lights, or just another elaborate ad campaign.  grin2.gif                                                      

Attached Files

#12    PurpleStuart

PurpleStuart

Goth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

• The Most Purple Haired Gothic Hedonistic member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 11 June 2003 - 06:33 PM

This is another "who knows?" picture - there is no way of telling how far away the object is from the camera. Intriguing but not enough evidence unfortunately                                                      

never take me too seriously

#13    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,906 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 06:41 PM

could it be a banner if some sort, that may have blown down from somewhere?                                                      

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
— David Gemmell

#14    Abducted

Abducted

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 231 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 12:35 AM

whistling.gif Ok,a "flying coffin"some one or a cardboard box in the wind?                                                      

#15    djdodo

djdodo

Poltergeist

• 2,747 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 10:44 AM

Maybe some one sticked something on the cam ..  whistling.gif                                                      

<span style='color:pink'>Luv is unpredictable. luv's Blind!
Luv is like a Diamond, when it brakes it turns in to dust.
Dont buy luv with money, it never works</span>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users