Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Roswells "Mystery Rock"

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#1    Bogeyman

Bogeyman

Poltergeist

• 2,841 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 02:12 PM

Dont know if this is already up but i've only seen it today.

http://www.roswell-record.com/print.asp?Se...ArticleID=29836

#2    morrison1976

morrison1976

Poltergeist

• 2,785 posts

• Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.

Posted 15 July 2008 - 05:41 PM

Don't know if anyone else knows about this. Sounds quite interesting anyway original.gif

#3    Agent. Mulder

Agent. Mulder

Only man to have fought Sasquatch. And lived...

• 15,163 posts

• ...highly unlikely, but not outside the realm of Extreme possibility.

Posted 15 July 2008 - 05:46 PM

aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh
when are they gonna date the thing? and let us know how old it is?
frick. i wanna know

the truth is out there....

#4    Wookietim

Wookietim

Alien Abducter

• 4,907 posts

• Search on the Android App Store for "Mothras Unexplained Mysteries" for the app I am very proud of...

Posted 15 July 2008 - 05:47 PM

morrison1976 on Jul 15 2008, 01:41 PM, said:

Don't know if anyone else knows about this. Sounds quite interesting anyway original.gif

Oh my god. Now we are discussing the rocks around Roswell. Give it a rest - whatever happened at Roswell is something we will probably never know fully. The best we can do is figure out what is happening now...

#5    Agent. Mulder

Agent. Mulder

• 15,163 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 05:53 PM

Wookietim on Jul 15 2008, 05:47 PM, said:

Oh my god. Now we are discussing the rocks around Roswell. Give it a rest - whatever happened at Roswell is something we will probably never know fully. The best we can do is figure out what is happening now...

did you bother to Read the article? or did you find it appropriate to come and leave a pointless comment about the name? were just interested in the Type of material it is, and how Old it is. then we'll know if someone was just messing around or not.

#6    Wookietim

Wookietim

Alien Abducter

• 4,907 posts

• Search on the Android App Store for "Mothras Unexplained Mysteries" for the app I am very proud of...

Posted 15 July 2008 - 05:58 PM

Agent. Mulder on Jul 15 2008, 01:53 PM, said:

did you bother to Read the article? or did you find it appropriate to come and leave a pointless comment about the name? were just interested in the Type of material it is, and how Old it is. then we'll know if someone was just messing around or not.

Yes I did read the article. It is a rock with a strange carving on it. Obviously humans could never have done that right? Especially since people in the area have only had 41 years to do so...

You do realize, don't you Mulder, that you don't have to believe every random story that crosses your path, don't you? You can respond to these things with a small amount of skepticism...

Edited by Wookietim, 15 July 2008 - 06:05 PM.

#7    Moonie2012

Moonie2012

Alien Abducter

• Banned
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 06:01 PM

I gotta call hoax on this one. Who says it can't be some type of molded material with a magnet inside?

Found by a Roswell business man to boot - is tourism waning?

Edited by Moonie2012, 15 July 2008 - 06:04 PM.

#8    morrison1976

morrison1976

Poltergeist

• 2,785 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 06:11 PM

Yes I did read the article. It is a rock with a strange carving on it. Obviously humans could never have done that right? Especially since people in the area have only had 41 years to do so...

You do realize, don't you Mulder, that you don't have to believe every random story that crosses your path, don't you? You can respond to these things with a small amount of skepticism...

Easy tigar!
To disgard it straight away is the same as believing its supernatual straight away. By the properties, it does seem a but strange, but im gonna wait until i know a bit more about it. Could be real, could be fake, just not enough information at presant. It will be getting analysed, so lets just see.

#9    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,433 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 06:13 PM

Im with Mulder on this we need facts test the materail`s and age.Thats a logical start. Dont ya just love the human thought process? with all thats been told a new rock of potential has appeared. Keep the mind and door open with welcome hands

This is a Work in Progress!

#10    Agent. Mulder

Agent. Mulder

• 15,163 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 06:17 PM

DONTEATUS on Jul 15 2008, 06:13 PM, said:

Im with Mulder on this we need facts test the materail`s and age.Thats a logical start. Dont ya just love the human thought process? with all thats been told a new rock of potential has appeared. Keep the mind and door open with welcome hands

i just wanna see what the results are for that. it would Probably explain most of what we need to know about it. then we can make a fair assumption as to, real or hoax.

#11    Wookietim

Wookietim

Alien Abducter

• 4,907 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 06:51 PM

Agent. Mulder on Jul 15 2008, 02:50 PM, said:

- Post removed -

I did contribute. It's obvious that this is a fake manufactured by locals to drum up tourism, pure and simple.

- Snip -

#12    morrison1976

morrison1976

Poltergeist

• 2,785 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 06:54 PM

How is it obvious? Have you seen it, have you seen the test results, do you know something we don't. Im not saying it is real, but like every other case i look into, i find the facts first before i totally dismiss something. And everyone should be the same, thats the best way, and the right way to go about things.

#13    Agent. Mulder

Agent. Mulder

• 15,163 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 06:58 PM

morrison1976 on Jul 15 2008, 06:54 PM, said:

How is it obvious? Have you seen it, have you seen the test results, do you know something we don't. Im not saying it is real, but like every other case i look into, i find the facts first before i totally dismiss something. And everyone should be the same, thats the best way, and the right way to go about things.

he doesnt need to. he doesnt Do research. hes not a skeptic. hes a wanna-be debunker. he makes assumptions, based off his opinion alone. and its good enough for him. hes the type of person, who would have said "youre mental" because we thought the earth was round.

i dont care if hes right here. i have my doubts about the rock. but i just wanna do some research, and see what the tests find.

Edited by Agent. Mulder, 15 July 2008 - 06:59 PM.

#14    Wookietim

Wookietim

Alien Abducter

• 4,907 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:01 PM

morrison1976 on Jul 15 2008, 02:54 PM, said:

Let's see - a small town that thrives on tourism about UFO's suddenly produces a rock that seems strange.

Perhaps you are right - perhaps it is real. But at the same time, my opinion is that if it looks like a fake to spur tourism, if it sounds like a fake to spur tourism and if it smells like a fake to spur tourism, then there had better be incontrovertible proof that it ISN'T exactly that before I will even think about giving it a second thought.

#15    morrison1976

morrison1976

Poltergeist

• 2,785 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:01 PM

he doesnt need to. he doesnt Do research. hes not a skeptic. hes a wanna-be debunker. he makes assumptions, based off his opinion alone. and its good enough for him. hes the type of person, who would have said "youre mental" because we thought the earth was round.

i dont care if hes right here. i have my doubts about the rock. but i just wanna do some research, and see what the tests find.

Ahhhhhh! i love discussions with these type of skeptics (de-bunkers)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users