Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

I keep seeing the number "66" everywhere..


  • Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1    Alienated Being

Alienated Being

    Government Agent

  • Banned
  • 4,163 posts
  • Joined:03 Sep 2006

  • "The best way to predict the future is by inventing it."

    "Record

Posted 16 July 2008 - 03:47 PM

Okay, so here's the deal. About two years ago, I started seeing the number "66" pretty much everywhere. It all began when I started my phobia of having "cancer", as the number "6" represented the floor taht the cancer ward is on. I always interpreted the number "66" as an omen indicating that I will either get cancer "two times" (hence the two sixes) or that I will spend two months, two years or whatever in that ward due to cancer.

I used to be a hypochondriac, but now I really don't worry about cancer anymore. It's completely out of my mind, no longer worrying - but two years after the fact, I am still seeing the numbers.. EVERYWHERE.

Here's a few examples:

I'll be laying down in bed, and then when I decide to look at the clock it'll read 6:06 (the 0 doesn't really count as a number, so 6:6 = 66.

I'll be playing a video game, and either I'll kill somebody on the other team with 66 tickets left on their side, or they'll kill me with 66 tickets on my team.

I'll reload in-game with 66 bullets left in my gun. No matter how hard I try to avoid it, I always end up reloading at a point where there's still about seven bullets left in the clip, but the total number of bullets left to reload with is 66. No matter HOW HARD I TRY AVOIDING IT.

It's really starting to freak me out. I don't know if it's a subconscious thing, or if it's an omen. Or... maybe it's something that I'm misinterpreting from the so-called "higher beings" above. I also see the sequence 11:11 whenever I look at my clock, or 12:12, or 10:10. Really, this is starting to become quite bothersome. I am tired of worrying about these number sequences. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I've kept this inside for too long and am seeking some advice. No, I am not going to see a "counselor"... I can solve these issues on my own. I just want to hear the advice from other people on the forum.


#2    pendora

pendora

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Joined:14 Jul 2008
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Southern Ontario

  • Life is an Occasion. Rise to it!

Posted 16 July 2008 - 03:56 PM

The harder you try to avoid it, the more it stays centermost in your mind, therefore you keep manifesting it.

Relax.  

Here's a good description for numerology 6

http://www.ofesite.com/spirit/numerology/path6.htm

Relax.

...

~  It amazes me that some people think their skepticism is of any importance to me at all.  ~

#3    Alienated Being

Alienated Being

    Government Agent

  • Banned
  • 4,163 posts
  • Joined:03 Sep 2006

  • "The best way to predict the future is by inventing it."

    "Record

Posted 16 July 2008 - 04:23 PM

Hmm... you know, after reading that numerology page, I am feeling somewhat better about myself. Really, that page described practically everything about me. I am kind, willing to help others, go out of my way to help people... very interesting. That really nailed my personality on the head. I don't know what to say..


#4    ravergirl

ravergirl

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,850 posts
  • Joined:05 Dec 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:texas

  • OPEN your EYES

Posted 16 July 2008 - 04:29 PM

say thank you.

My friend sees 7 11 in all it's forms. We think he needs to get a job at 7/11 but he wont because of the pay cut. and i see double numbers all the time ALL over. and when my roomate and I eat any sort of fast food our total is ALWAYS 11.00 even. for like a year and a half.

I am theNON-SEQUITUR-ER

#5    Mr.Dot

Mr.Dot

    Astral Projection

  • Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Joined:27 Dec 2006

Posted 16 July 2008 - 04:29 PM

Coincidence... Maybet you could change your daily routines if it freaks you out too much.


#6    Corp

Corp

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,950 posts
  • Joined:19 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ottawa

Posted 16 July 2008 - 04:39 PM

Likely you noticed it a couple times and then your brain starts highlighting them. Like when you go and buy a car and then suddenly it seems that everyone is driving the same model. Just relax and it should go away.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#7    lemm

lemm

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined:16 Jul 2008

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:32 PM

I used to keep seeing the number "8" everywhere, it probably didn't mean anything but It was probably recurring because of Corp's reason. I just ignored it.


#8    Sthenno

Sthenno

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,167 posts
  • Joined:03 Aug 2006

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:51 PM

As has been noted, the probability is that it doesn't occur any more than any other random combination of numbers. You only think it occurs more because you notice it when it crops up. For example, you've already noted that you see other combinations of numbers, and that the '0' in '6:06' 'doesn't count'. Seems you're subconsciously looking for examples in which '66' occurs... if it freaks you out, try spending some time looking out for another number - you'll soon see it appears just as much.


#9    Undeadskeptic

Undeadskeptic

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,628 posts
  • Joined:19 Dec 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Aotearoa

  • What happened to the American dream? It came true, you're lookin' at it.

Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:08 AM

Corp on Jul 17 2008, 04:39 AM, said:

Likely you noticed it a couple times and then your brain starts highlighting them. Like when you go and buy a car and then suddenly it seems that everyone is driving the same model. Just relax and it should go away.


Agreed.


Jesus, I was evil

#10    ValkyrieVoice

ValkyrieVoice

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Joined:22 Oct 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Dwight, Illinois

  • "Bubble, Bubble Toil And Trouble;
    Fire Burn, And Cauldron Bubble.
    Double, Double Toil And Trouble
    Something Wicked This Way Comes."

Posted 17 July 2008 - 05:20 AM

Alienated Being on Jul 16 2008, 10:47 AM, said:

Okay, so here's the deal. About two years ago, I started seeing the number "66" pretty much everywhere. It all began when I started my phobia of having "cancer", as the number "6" represented the floor taht the cancer ward is on. I always interpreted the number "66" as an omen indicating that I will either get cancer "two times" (hence the two sixes) or that I will spend two months, two years or whatever in that ward due to cancer.

I used to be a hypochondriac, but now I really don't worry about cancer anymore. It's completely out of my mind, no longer worrying - but two years after the fact, I am still seeing the numbers.. EVERYWHERE.

Here's a few examples:

I'll be laying down in bed, and then when I decide to look at the clock it'll read 6:06 (the 0 doesn't really count as a number, so 6:6 = 66.

I'll be playing a video game, and either I'll kill somebody on the other team with 66 tickets left on their side, or they'll kill me with 66 tickets on my team.

I'll reload in-game with 66 bullets left in my gun. No matter how hard I try to avoid it, I always end up reloading at a point where there's still about seven bullets left in the clip, but the total number of bullets left to reload with is 66. No matter HOW HARD I TRY AVOIDING IT.

It's really starting to freak me out. I don't know if it's a subconscious thing, or if it's an omen. Or... maybe it's something that I'm misinterpreting from the so-called "higher beings" above. I also see the sequence 11:11 whenever I look at my clock, or 12:12, or 10:10. Really, this is starting to become quite bothersome. I am tired of worrying about these number sequences. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I've kept this inside for too long and am seeking some advice. No, I am not going to see a "counselor"... I can solve these issues on my own. I just want to hear the advice from other people on the forum.


I live right off Old Route 66.


"You Look Up When You Feel The Need For Elevation And I Look Down Because I Am Elevated. ..."

Thus Spake Zarathustra

-Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

#11    Mr.Dot

Mr.Dot

    Astral Projection

  • Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Joined:27 Dec 2006

Posted 17 July 2008 - 09:20 AM

And concerning your phobia of having "cancer" and these numbers that freaks you out and some other things. Parhaps you should seriously take the possiblilty into consideration that you might be a bit paranoid and that its only in your head?

Edit: Look, I have 66 in my member No. grin2.gif Is this meant for you? tongue.gif And Undeadsceptic also has it  blink.gif

Edited by Mr.Dot, 17 July 2008 - 12:14 PM.


#12    Elite

Elite

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts
  • Joined:09 Apr 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:britain

  • ''If you cant beat them, arrange to have them beaten'' - Me

Posted 17 July 2008 - 11:11 AM

most likely your just noticing them mroe often because your looking for them these number patterns are literally everywhere


#13    Pigpen

Pigpen

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined:19 Jun 2008

Posted 17 July 2008 - 12:15 PM

Elite on Jul 17 2008, 05:11 AM, said:

most likely your just noticing them mroe often because your looking for them these number patterns are literally everywhere


I agree.  The mind is so elastic and can easily be manipulated, even by our own self!  

I have been doing an experiment lately to examine just this sort of phenomena. It has been suggested that "alien abductees" will see similar number patterns.  I wanted to see just how easy it is for the mind to actually focus on 11:11, 10:10 etc.

To conduct the experiement I told myself to only look at the clock when these patterns occur.  After just a couple of hours EVERY TIME I looked at the clock the only time shown to me were times with repeat number patterns.  No matter where I am, what clock I look at - its always the same.  For about 2 weeks now.  

I then started noticing the same pattern in other places - signs, bumper stickers, license plates etc.

I know I have not been abducted.  I created the experience by suggesting to my own mind what patterns to observe and then my mind used my own circadian rhythm to create the experience.  After a while my mind also began to ignore other numbers outside of the desired pattern and I simply do not "see" them unless they are of significance to my desired outcome.


#14    Mr.Dot

Mr.Dot

    Astral Projection

  • Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Joined:27 Dec 2006

Posted 17 July 2008 - 01:44 PM

Pigpen on Jul 17 2008, 02:15 PM, said:

I agree.  The mind is so elastic and can easily be manipulated, even by our own self!  

I have been doing an experiment lately to examine just this sort of phenomena. It has been suggested that "alien abductees" will see similar number patterns.  I wanted to see just how easy it is for the mind to actually focus on 11:11, 10:10 etc.

To conduct the experiement I told myself to only look at the clock when these patterns occur.  After just a couple of hours EVERY TIME I looked at the clock the only time shown to me were times with repeat number patterns.  No matter where I am, what clock I look at - its always the same.  For about 2 weeks now.  

I then started noticing the same pattern in other places - signs, bumper stickers, license plates etc.

I know I have not been abducted.  I created the experience by suggesting to my own mind what patterns to observe and then my mind used my own circadian rhythm to create the experience.  After a while my mind also began to ignore other numbers outside of the desired pattern and I simply do not "see" them unless they are of significance to my desired outcome.

Maybe it has something do to with the law of attraction and manifestation? grin2.gif


#15    person1

person1

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Joined:14 Jul 2008

Posted 17 July 2008 - 02:19 PM

linked-image





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users