Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

what are the chances of this happening twice?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 14 October 2002 - 11:46 AM

I was reading a book and came across this interesting story.
During the civil war battle of Raymond in Mississippi, May 12, 1863, a young Union soldier was wounded. A bullet hit him in the groin carrying away his left testical. (ouch :s4) That very same bullet penetrated the wall of a near by house and finally imbedded :s9 itself in the lower abdomen of a young girl (17yrs). Subsequently 9 months later and still a virgin she gave birth to a baby boy . The attending physician extracted the bullet from the baby and decided that the 2  fatefull parents should meet . They did and eventually married having three children in totall, It is said though that the child that resembled his father the most was the eldest. :s9

#2    Halo_Jones

Halo_Jones

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts

• Thanks to Universal Absurdity and The Barman for my new Groovy Dynamite Diva.....See UA & thebarman's Animated Avatar Workshop

Posted 14 October 2002 - 01:03 PM

:s9That can't be true can it.
If it is, what an awfull way to get pregnant.
Oh... and did they have a shotgun wedding! :s2

#3    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 14 October 2002 - 03:56 PM

http://www.snopes.com/pregnant/bulletbl.htm

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#4    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 14 October 2002 - 05:33 PM

I think you have to give some credit to these people for having such creative minds, who come up with such wild stories!   :s6     :D

('son of a gun')  :s2

"Science may have found a cure for most evils;  but it has
         found no remedy for the worst of them all --- the apathy of human beings."
                                                     Helen Keller

#5    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 14 October 2002 - 11:17 PM

I thought the book might be a bit dodgy as there are no references for where the author got the originall information but the story was just to good not to post :st.
but I wonder if it would be worth running an experiment to see if it was possible.
How many of you fellas are of breedin age ..
YEEEEHAAAAAA Now weres my gun. He He He ;D

#6    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 15 October 2002 - 12:03 AM

Kismit,
I don't think you're going to find a guy or girl willing to be a part of that experiment. :s2

Urban Legends are cool 8)

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#7    Mr. Underhill

Mr. Underhill

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 07:10 PM

Considering nature has created so many ways to kill sperm INSIDE the body, it would be pretty amazing if they could survive on a bullet long enough to be strong and alive when they hit the girl. In any case, this is definetly one that will have to go unresearched. :s01

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users