Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

McCain making up history and CBS admits

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#16    Mr Honeybadger

Mr Honeybadger

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,838 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 12:48 PM

What ?  CBS news is involved in fraudulant news reporting ?

They must have hired back Dan Rather.

But it really is time for us to leave Iraq.  We've accomplished the mission.

#17    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,791 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:24 PM

bathory on Jul 24 2008, 03:36 PM, said:

lol where are you getting those facts from?

Are you disputing them? All you have to do is read the news from the time of the surge to the time of the "bribing".

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#18    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:39 PM

questionmark on Jul 24 2008, 07:07 AM, said:

What worked is what Dubya and his gang did not want to do: getting the Sheiks in the boat by giving them enough millions to amply their harems (or whatever they have nowadays). Instead they opted for the surge. When the surge was evidently going down the tubes they opted for the cheaper version, bribing Sheiks. Those are the facts.

If they'd done that before the war there would have been no need to risk Allied lives.

We were giving them support long before the surge.

Sadly, we don't have a time machine. We only have the present and future.

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." ~Philip K. Dick

#19    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 02:46 PM

Lt_Ripley on Jul 24 2008, 03:51 AM, said:

If Obama had it his way we wouldn't have been in Iraq.

If Obama had it his way, the UN would still be warning the world about Saddam's WMD, Hans Blix would still be going in circles around Iraq looking for WMD, we would be now on UN Resolution 30 warning Saddam for the 30th time and doing nothing, Oil for Food corruption well concealed and Kofi's son making millions out of it while continuing the cash flow to support Saddams regime, The embargoes continues on and sanctions and no fly zone while the world wonders on and who knows how many new mass graves would there have been.
That is the Obama's way, continue on doing what was deterioating.

Edited by AROCES, 24 July 2008 - 03:06 PM.

#20    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 02:53 PM

But they would still be contained mostly and tens of thousands of people would still be alive and in one piece...

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." ~Philip K. Dick

#21    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 02:58 PM

Cradle of Fish on Jul 24 2008, 04:56 AM, said:

Thats funny, the democrats have had about 9 years in power since the threat began vs 20 years for the republicans, and the most severe terrorist attack on the US occured during republican rule. I don't think Al Qaeda wants to rule the USA, they'd rather destroy it.

It is good that the most severe attack happend under a Republican Administration. Imagine had it been under a Democrat, we would have apologized and tell the terrorist it's our fault, appease them to make sure they don't get angry and create more terrorist, keep our hands off at any part of the world that the terrorist thinks we are imperialist and make sure our security are well suited and adjusted to what the UCLA or human right activist think is approriate.
And if we get hit again, the Republicans will be blamed for approving only 9 billion instead of the 10 billion that the Democrtas wants to increase our border security, at the same time  help and reward  the illegal immigrants who makes it across the border illegally blink.gif

Edited by AROCES, 24 July 2008 - 03:01 PM.

#22    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 03:04 PM

__Kratos__ on Jul 24 2008, 03:53 PM, said:

But they would still be contained mostly and tens of thousands of people would still be alive and in one piece...

You call that being contained?
10 years of containment and Saddam was able to buy the UN itself, you are in denial here.
I thought you folks are very concernaabout human life, and we found mass graves after mass graves. I guess you only are concern about the ones that can help you with your argument.

#23    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 03:54 PM

questionmark on Jul 24 2008, 01:24 PM, said:

Are you disputing them? All you have to do is read the news from the time of the surge to the time of the "bribing".

I think the way you are portraying how things happened is wrong

#24    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,791 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 04:12 PM

bathory on Jul 24 2008, 06:54 PM, said:

I think the way you are portraying how things happened is wrong

Good, show me any pre-surge evidence of support in the Sunni triangle.... there was none, cause it was deemed unimportant...no oil you know. And where could al-Qaeda build comfortable nests? right...

Now, yes there was support in Baghdad and the major oil areas ... but that is another story.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#25    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 05:42 PM

I dunno, the 900 US deaths in that area suggest otherwise...

#26    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,791 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 05:46 PM

bathory on Jul 24 2008, 08:42 PM, said:

I dunno, the 900 US deaths in that area suggest otherwise...

Well, as we see they did not change much until the military started getting the Sheiks on their side. That is the whole point. Politicians wasted 900 lives because they thought they could control the region without the aid of the inhabitants.

about me

#27    Lt_Ripley

Lt_Ripley

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 20,036 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 06:10 PM

AROCES on Jul 24 2008, 10:46 AM, said:

If Obama had it his way, the UN would still be warning the world about Saddam's WMD, Hans Blix would still be going in circles around Iraq looking for WMD, we would be now on UN Resolution 30 warning Saddam for the 30th time and doing nothing, Oil for Food corruption well concealed and Kofi's son making millions out of it while continuing the cash flow to support Saddams regime, The embargoes continues on and sanctions and no fly zone while the world wonders on and who knows how many new mass graves would there have been.
That is the Obama's way, continue on doing what was deterioating.

you have no real clue do you ?

no wmd's found . Blix was almost to the conclusion and about to write his final report stating there were no wmds' but if bush allowed him to finish bush wouldn't have been able to invade with the excuse he made up.  that's why bush ushered out blix ahead of time and blix did acknowledge no wmds and the war illegal as did the UN.

oil for food . yes quite the scandel . that America had a hand with as well ........... why do you think it just disappeared out of American headlines ? aside from the American business that were on the take .... we were supposed to be guarding that hen house , but turned a blind eye.

wonder how many mass graves there are now because of bush. for nothing. how many other terrible dictators did bush go after ? none. but the others like in N, Korea and with their mass graves don't have oil.

bush's way - if it ain't broke break it.

Edited by Lt_Ripley, 24 July 2008 - 06:11 PM.

#28    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,828 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 06:15 PM

Cradle of Fish on Jul 23 2008, 10:56 PM, said:

Thats funny, the democrats have had about 9 years in power since the threat began vs 20 years for the republicans, and the most severe terrorist attack on the US occured during republican rule. I don't think Al Qaeda wants to rule the USA, they'd rather destroy it.

9 months after a democrat left office.  And did everything he could to hide or destroy any evidence of anything going to happen.  But lets count, during bush attack on 9-11.  during clinton attack on towers, attack on cole, attack on embassies, oh and Iraq was taking shots at our fighters.  What did clinton do he said we were sorry.  What did bush do he stopped them from doing it again.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#29    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,828 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 06:18 PM

Lt_Ripley on Jul 24 2008, 01:10 PM, said:

you have no real clue do you ?

no wmd's found . Blix was almost to the conclusion and about to write his final report stating there were no wmds' but if bush allowed him to finish bush wouldn't have been able to invade with the excuse he made up.  that's why bush ushered out blix ahead of time and blix did acknowledge no wmds and the war illegal as did the UN.oil for food . yes quite the scandel . that America had a hand with as well ........... why do you think it just disappeared out of American headlines ? aside from the American business that were on the take .... we were supposed to be guarding that hen house , but turned a blind eye.

wonder how many mass graves there are now because of bush. for nothing. how many other terrible dictators did bush go after ? none. but the others like in N, Korea and with their mass graves don't have oil.

bush's way - if it ain't broke break it.

Saddam didn't just have us confused.  He had his own government confused.  When we were building up to attack Iraq threatened to use those wmd's on our troops.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#30    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 06:21 PM

questionmark on Jul 24 2008, 11:12 AM, said:

Good, show me any pre-surge evidence of support in the Sunni triangle.... there was none, cause it was deemed unimportant...no oil you know. And where could al-Qaeda build comfortable nests? right...

Now, yes there was support in Baghdad and the major oil areas ... but that is another story.

In November 2005, American commanders held a breakthrough meeting with top Sunni chiefs in Ramadi, hoping to lure them away from the insurgents' fold. The sheiks responded positively, promising cooperation and men for a police force that was then virtually nonexistent.
Source

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users