Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Gallup poll shows Obama-McCain gap widening


  • Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1    Lt_Ripley

Lt_Ripley

    Forum Divinity

  • Banned
  • 20,036 posts
  • Joined:09 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Female

Posted 29 July 2008 - 05:19 PM

July 28, 2008
Gallup Daily: Obama 48%, McCain 40%
No further gains for Obama in latest update

PRINCETON, NJ -- Barack Obama's lead over John McCain has settled back slightly to a 48% to 40% margin among registered voters in Gallup Poll Daily tracking conducted July 25-27.

[attachment=45265:080728Da..._tyhbvcd.gif]


Gallup poll shows Obama-McCain gap widening
10:45:07 AM July 28th, 2008 Permalink  |  

After being in virtual dead heat with Sen. John McCain throughout most of July, Sen. Barack Obama is pulling ahead again in the race for the presidency, the Gallup Organization’s latest polling shows.

Presumptive Democratic nominee Obama seems to have gotten a bounce off last week’s tour of Europe and the Middle East, Gallup concludes.

Based on a three-day rolling average of national registered voters, Obama, D-Ill., was leading McCain, R-Ariz., by a 48%-to-40% margin for the July 25-27 polling period. The results show that Obama has steadily widened his lead since the middle of last week, when he was only ahead by a 45% to 43% margin.

Obama’s numbers settled back a bit from Sunday, when he held a 49% to 40% lead. Both margins represent the biggest cushion Obama has held since at least July 6, Gallup said.

“A key question remains as to whether this ‘bounce’ is short-term (as happens to bounces in some instances following intense publicity surrounding a convention) or if his lead will persist — the answer to which will become evident in the next several days,” says the poll’s author, Frank Newport.

The Gallup poll interviewed 2,692 registered voters with a margin of sampling error pegged at plus or minus two percentage points.

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/election/2008...n-gap-widening/


neck and neck.. not to mention so far the electoriate is split.

Edited by Lt_Ripley, 29 July 2008 - 05:20 PM.


#2    Incorrigible1

Incorrigible1

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,393 posts
  • Joined:04 Oct 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Eastern Nebraska, USA

  • Champanya?

Posted 29 July 2008 - 05:26 PM

This is evidently in response to the thread mentioning the Gallup poll showing McCain leading BHO among likely voters. Interesting that Gallup posts contemporary polls with opposite results. One needs to decide whether a poll of likely voters is more meaningful than a more poll of more generalized respondents.

If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its freedom; and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money that it values more, it will lose that too. -- W. Somerset Maugham
Posted Image

#3    AROCES

AROCES

    Forum Divinity

  • Banned
  • 16,312 posts
  • Joined:07 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 29 July 2008 - 05:31 PM

Polls are used to sway public opinoins really. The funny part is the last 2 Presidential election the Democrats always have won in the Polls but not the  election.


#4    Lt_Ripley

Lt_Ripley

    Forum Divinity

  • Banned
  • 20,036 posts
  • Joined:09 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Female

Posted 29 July 2008 - 05:35 PM

AROCES on Jul 29 2008, 01:31 PM, said:

Polls are used to sway public opinoins really. The funny part is the last 2 Presidential election the Democrats always have won in the Polls but not the  election.


exactly........ same for carter. he lost in the polls but won the presidency.


#5    AROCES

AROCES

    Forum Divinity

  • Banned
  • 16,312 posts
  • Joined:07 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 29 July 2008 - 05:40 PM

Lt_Ripley on Jul 29 2008, 05:35 PM, said:

exactly........ same for carter. he lost in the polls but won the presidency.

Really now, then that is really strange how he ever became the President. Were there hanging chad then? ph34r.gif
For he lost in a landslide after one term, shows the poll was correct, huh?


#6    Dr. D

Dr. D

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 5,275 posts
  • Joined:15 Mar 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Mexico

  • I love being me even though sometimes I'm still a stranger.

Posted 29 July 2008 - 05:50 PM

AROCES on Jul 29 2008, 05:40 PM, said:

Really now, then that is really strange how he ever became the President. Were there hanging chad then? ph34r.gif
For he lost in a landslide after one term, shows the poll was correct, huh?


Bush Sr. was leading Clinton, too, remember.  Lost big after only one term.


#7    louie

louie

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 4,844 posts
  • Joined:16 Oct 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ireland

  • The greatest sceptics are normally the biggest sheep. Anon

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:06 PM

i hope not, i think i and many of us dont wanna see an old warmonger in the white house,

www.tmblive.com
If you dont know what it is, it must be art.

#8    AROCES

AROCES

    Forum Divinity

  • Banned
  • 16,312 posts
  • Joined:07 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:07 PM

Expatriate on Jul 29 2008, 05:50 PM, said:

Bush Sr. was leading Clinton, too, remember.  Lost big after only one term.

Lost Big??? Clinton got 43% of the vote, and we all know he owes it all to Ross Perot.


#9    keithisco

keithisco

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 5,716 posts
  • Joined:06 May 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rincon de Loix, Benidorm

Posted 29 July 2008 - 07:40 PM

AROCES on Jul 29 2008, 08:07 PM, said:

Lost Big??? Clinton got 43% of the vote, and we all know he owes it all to Ross Perot.

Perhaps it is just you that does?... care to enlighten us?


#10    AROCES

AROCES

    Forum Divinity

  • Banned
  • 16,312 posts
  • Joined:07 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 29 July 2008 - 07:41 PM

keithisco on Jul 29 2008, 08:40 PM, said:

Perhaps it is just you that does?... care to enlighten us?

You are wasting your time with me again, just a reminder. wink2.gif


#11    -Scratch-

-Scratch-

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Joined:22 Jul 2008

  • It must be remembered that we have heard only one side of the case. God has written all the books.

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:03 PM

Quote

Presumptive Democratic nominee Obama seems to have gotten a bounce off last week’s tour of Europe and the Middle East, Gallup concludes.

How obama could possibly get a bounce after making that speech in germany, and choosing to 'work out' instead of visiting injured soilders...
i fear the public is massively ignorant to anything but what the biased news media tells them.

Posted Image

#12    ASOP

ASOP

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts
  • Joined:11 May 2006
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:USA

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:17 PM

I would like to have McCain as my president.


#13    ninjadude

ninjadude

    Seeker of truths

  • Member
  • 10,978 posts
  • Joined:11 Sep 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Illinois

  • "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 29 July 2008 - 11:40 PM

-Scratch- on Jul 29 2008, 03:03 PM, said:

How obama could possibly get a bounce after making that speech in germany, and choosing to 'work out' instead of visiting injured soilders...
i fear the public is massively ignorant to anything but what the biased news media tells them.


enough of this crap. He DID visit the injured soldiers. You're just mad because McCain didn't get any traction for his many more and embarassing foreign visits of late. The reason is obvious now to even most republicans.  Grandpa McCain is a terrible candidate with the same policies as W and with even less of a mind to manage the two beans in his head. IF for no other reason than Obama will talk "intelligently" with people outside of the US and not embarrass us. If he does something wrong, he takes responsibility. The "public" has finally woken up to the insanity of the last few years. The "biased" news media supports Grandpa McCain, so the "public" appears to be not paying much attention to the MSM.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#14    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

    -Staring-

  • Member
  • 25,876 posts
  • Joined:13 Oct 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Inside the moon

  • As darkness falls, night unfolds ebony wings to wrap the world in it's dark embrace.

Posted 29 July 2008 - 11:50 PM

ninjadude on Jul 29 2008, 06:40 PM, said:

enough of this crap. He DID visit the injured soldiers. You're just mad because McCain didn't get any traction for his many more and embarassing foreign visits of late. The reason is obvious now to even most republicans.  Grandpa McCain is a terrible candidate with the same policies as W and with even less of a mind to manage the two beans in his head. IF for no other reason than Obama will talk "intelligently" with people outside of the US and not embarrass us. If he does something wrong, he takes responsibility. The "public" has finally woken up to the insanity of the last few years. The "biased" news media supports Grandpa McCain, so the "public" appears to be not paying much attention to the MSM.


You're just a bigot. Please take your silly hatred elsewhere please.

Age Discrimination

No different then saying something about Obama being black.

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." ~Philip K. Dick

"Passion, peace. Strength, knowledge. Power, serenity. Victory, harmony. Freedom, the Force." ~Ashara Zavros

#15    ninjadude

ninjadude

    Seeker of truths

  • Member
  • 10,978 posts
  • Joined:11 Sep 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Illinois

  • "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 30 July 2008 - 12:05 AM

__Kratos__ on Jul 29 2008, 06:50 PM, said:

You're just a bigot. Please take your silly hatred elsewhere please.
No different then saying something about Obama being black.


I don't hate Grandpa. I dislike him. I don't want him to be president for a lot of reasons. I do, in fact, feel that his age IS an issue. Both physically for the rigors of being president and for his beliefs living in the ancient past. Bigot maybe. Like saying something derrogatory about blacks, not so much. You may not agree. But that's how I see it. And I'm ooooolllddd myself.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users