Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Phantom Water Drops

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1    NoxMyna

NoxMyna

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 07:02 AM

I don't know if anyone can tell me what's going on here, or offer some suggestions, but I figure this is the best place for something like this.

Four times I have been dripped on in my home when there is no discernible water source.

The first time I was walking through our bathroom (which has two doors) and a large drop of water landed on my forearm. Since I was in the middle of the bathroom, right between the sink and the tub, I checked both to see if they were running or wet. Both had not been used in hours and were bone dry. Next I climbed on the counter to check out the ceiling above me to see if maybe it was leaking, no such luck; I was left thoroughly confused. I ran out of the bathroom to get my mum and tell her what had happened, she checked out the ceiling as I stood back and watched. While she was feeling around for a wet spot another drop hit me on the same place on the forearm. This time I was standing near the toilette, which was not running, and the ceiling above me did not appear to be wet, either (this was confirmed moments later when we dragged a small latter into the room to check the area).

At some point maybe a month later I was once again standing in the bathroom and doing my makeup when a large drop of water hit me on the shoulder. Once again, neither the sink nor the shower had been running and the ceiling appeared dry. I shrugged it off as something that couldn't be explained, same as last time.

The latest occurrence has inspired me to share these happenings: several minutes ago, while sitting on the living room couch with the laptop on my lap, I felt something run down the back of my arm. Thinking a bug had crawled on me, I reached to brush it off, and, to my surprise, it was wet. The roof is a little high to check for dampness, but it's never leaked there before.

I'd like to mention that all the water drops were a decent size and only occurred once in each location (never the same exact spot twice). If there were a leak big enough to drop that kind of water, I'm pretty sure it would drip more than once/would be visible.

Sorry for the long read.
Any suggestions? I'm a little freaked out by all this.

#2    eight bits

eight bits

• 6,285 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:36 AM

Hello, NoxMyna.

If I understand your report, you say that you felt an isolated water droplet on each occasion, rather than seeing it, hearing it, or seeing its aftermath, such as a wet spot on the fabric of your clothing.

If so, a false sensation of a "drop of water" is a common misfire of the perceptual apparatus. I have often wondered why there are so few reports about it.

Posted Image

#3    Madeline

Madeline

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

• Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:25 PM

eight bits on Jul 31 2008, 05:36 AM, said:

Hello, NoxMyna.

If I understand your report, you say that you felt an isolated water droplet on each occasion, rather than seeing it, hearing it, or seeing its aftermath, such as a wet spot on the fabric of your clothing.

If so, a false sensation of a "drop of water" is a common misfire of the perceptual apparatus. I have often wondered why there are so few reports about it.

They said their arm was wet.
"The latest occurrence has inspired me to share these happenings: several minutes ago, while sitting on the living room couch with the laptop on my lap, I felt something run down the back of my arm. Thinking a bug had crawled on me, I reached to brush it off, and, to my surprise, it was wet. The roof is a little high to check for dampness, but it's never leaked there before."

I've felt cold water drops on my legs and arms, but only one at a time  and there is no sign of water on me.  I've often wondered what causes this feeling.

In your lifetime, try to be the person your pet thinks you are.
Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.

Posted Image

#4    Pandora7321

Pandora7321

Perpetual Late Bloomer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

• My name is Anastasia Beaverhausen. Anastasia as in the Romanovs. Beaverhausen as in........where the beaver live.

-Karen Walker, "Will & Grace"

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:31 PM

Oh my God, it's not just me! I feel water dropping on me all the time. Especially when I'm driving in rain I feel it hit me. I always look around to make sure my windows or my windshield isn't leaking, but they never are. It's so weird. I've asked other people, but they always make a joke or insinuate I'm crazy. It's never actual water though, like the OP says. It just FEELS that way, but there's never anything there.

Something kinda sad about
the way that things have come to be.
Desensitized to everything.
What became of subtlety?
- Tool, Stinkfist

#5    Grand Inquisitor

Grand Inquisitor

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 366 posts

• "its always funny till someone gets hurt, then its just hilarious."

bill hicks

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:32 PM

it has happened to me but much larger doses.  i live in a basement apartment and theis huge amount of water started coming through my ceiling breaking the tiles.  the spot it happened in had no water pipes around it and no bathrooms or kitchens above it.  it happened twice.

#6    Marby

Marby

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,306 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:33 PM

I would first get a plumber in just to completely rule out a plumbing issue. Sometimes finding the source of a leak is more complicated than it seems. Once that is ruled out, then it might be a good idea to research the history on the land/house, and see what you come up with. Good luck!

#7    eight bits

eight bits

• 6,285 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 03:33 PM

They said their arm was wet.

Thank you, Madeline. Even in the most recent incident, which you quoted, it remains unclear to me, doubtless on account of  my own obtuseness, on what basis the poster corroborated that the spot was in fact wet.

So, I asked.

My teachers used to swear that there was no such thing as a stupid question. Perhaps I have now proved them wrong original.gif .

Posted Image

#8    Oderint

Oderint

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

• Buggere Alle this for a Larke.

Posted 31 July 2008 - 03:36 PM

maybe you have a tendency to drool a lot laugh.gif

(sorry, that's all I had)

Edited by Prawus, 31 July 2008 - 03:36 PM.

The Legend of the Ice people
Reviews here
Formerly known as Prawus

#9    Barron

Barron

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 115 posts

• 'we are just a whisper away'

Posted 31 July 2008 - 04:17 PM

Hi.  
For a while after we moved into our house, we (my wife and myself) were seeing a drip of water fall past the front of the wall mounted TV in the kitchen.  I was a bit worried as electrics and water don't mix, but there was never any water on the floor and the ceiling was always bone dry.

Funny thing was it only ever happened in November of each year - it occured for about 5 years or so.

We also had other anomalies happening at the time(and still occuring), as I have mentioned before, such as floating lights coming through the back door (which is about 5 feet from the location of the drips).

Barron

Deja Moo - the feeling you've heard this bull**** before.

Blessed are the cracked; for it is they that let in the light.

#10    eqgumby

eqgumby

Telekinetic

• 7,576 posts

• If you have genuine psi-powers, you can change the world overnight. So do it, or stop playing Dragon-Ball Z with my brain!

Posted 31 July 2008 - 04:56 PM

I would also check vents. Often condensation forms in a vent, and will get blown out. Happened to me. I was afraid I had a leak somewhere.

Interesting though. Also, not the first time I've heard of this.

Credentials/Background<--This is a link!

It's not about tolerance and it's certainly not about searching for truth. It's about the chic of the intelligentsia. ---  Harmon-E Cherry
http://chzgifs.files...chucknorris.gif

#11    Madeline

Madeline

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

• Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.

Posted 31 July 2008 - 06:21 PM

To: eight bits  

NoxMyna on Jul 31 2008, 03:02 AM, said:

The latest occurrence has inspired me to share these happenings: several minutes ago, while sitting on the living room couch with the laptop on my lap, I felt something run down the back of my arm. Thinking a bug had crawled on me, I reached to brush it off, and, to my surprise, it was wet.
I'd like to mention that all the water drops were a decent size and only occurred once in each location (never the same exact spot twice). If there were a leak big enough to drop that kind of water, I'm pretty sure it would drip more than once/would be visible.

tee-hee alien.gif
We seem to be on different wave lengths.
NoxMyna said she felt it and saw it, I said I just felt it, I've never seen any cold water on me.  
Whatever is happening to us, it's {{{scary}}} and I thought it was nerve endings, but maybe it's something we can't understand original.gif

In your lifetime, try to be the person your pet thinks you are.
Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.

Posted Image

#12    Owlscrying

Owlscrying

• 13,909 posts

•    

Posted 31 July 2008 - 06:24 PM

Just a thought:
Could 'sensation' of outer extremity on skin be inner sign possible of
nerve endings / brain signals mis-firing?

Ask a Dr.'s opinion/ advice.

#13    eight bits

eight bits

• 6,285 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 07:35 PM

Madeline, we can't go on meeting like this original.gif .

The OP did not say that she saw the most recent drop. She says she can estimate the size of each of the drops..We can estimate the size of water drops by touch alone.

On the most recent occasion, she says that something which she felt moving, but which she did not at first identify as water, "was wet" when she investigated further ("I reached to brush it off..."). She doesn't say that she saw anything. Maybe it felt wet, when it hadn't before.

Anyway, we all seem to be in agreement that there is such a thing as feeling a water drop that isn't there. About your report, I had no questions, and our experiences of this sound similar.

Posted Image

#14    jwilsonwcri

jwilsonwcri

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 08:10 PM

eight bits on Jul 31 2008, 03:35 PM, said:

Madeline, we can't go on meeting like this original.gif .

The OP did not say that she saw the most recent drop. She says she can estimate the size of each of the drops..We can estimate the size of water drops by touch alone.

On the most recent occasion, she says that something which she felt moving, but which she did not at first identify as water, "was wet" when she investigated further ("I reached to brush it off..."). She doesn't say that she saw anything. Maybe it felt wet, when it hadn't before.

Anyway, we all seem to be in agreement that there is such a thing as feeling a water drop that isn't there. About your report, I had no questions, and our experiences of this sound similar.

Honestly this only used to happen to me when I was on ACID years ago...sorry:)

It would be arrogant and ignorant for us as humans to assume that we are the only intelligent life out there.

#15    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,631 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 31 July 2008 - 08:37 PM

Owlscrying on Jul 31 2008, 07:24 PM, said:

Just a thought:
Could 'sensation' of outer extremity on skin be inner sign possible of
nerve endings / brain signals mis-firing?

Ask a Dr.'s opinion/ advice.

Well I can vouch for that, because when I badly sprained my foot/ankle, it was very painful and swollen and at times it felt like someone was sprinkling icy cold water on top of my foot, and that was caused by the nerve endings. yes.gif

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users