Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

McCain camp accuses Obama of playing race

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

• As darkness falls, night unfolds ebony wings to wrap the world in it's dark embrace.

Posted 01 August 2008 - 01:44 AM

RACINE, Wisconsin (Reuters) - Republican White House hopeful John McCain accused Democrat Barack Obama on Thursday of playing racial politics in some of the most biting back-and-forth of the presidential campaign.

The negative twist in the campaign for the November 4 election was prompted by a McCain television advertisement on Wednesday that called Obama a celebrity akin to star-crossed U.S. personalities Britney Spears and Paris Hilton.

In response, Obama said McCain was trying to scare voters away from him by pointing out he had "a funny name, and he doesn't look like all the presidents on the dollar bills and the five dollar bills."

Obama, whose father was Kenyan, would be the first black U.S. president. Only white men, most of them former presidents, are on U.S. paper currency.

"Barack Obama has played the race card, and he played it from the bottom of the deck. It's divisive, negative, shameful and wrong," McCain campaign manager Rick Davis said in a written statement.

McCain agreed with Davis, telling reporters he was "very disappointed" that Obama had used the race card.

"Race will not have any role in my campaign, nor is there any place for it. I'm disappointed that he's used it."

More of the article here: Link

--------------------------------------------------
But Obama... He's just a 'typical white person' like your grandma that you've yet to disown. laugh.gif

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." ~Philip K. Dick

"Passion, peace. Strength, knowledge. Power, serenity. Victory, harmony. Freedom, the Force." ~Ashara Zavros

#2    InHuman

InHuman

Alien Abducter

• 4,492 posts

• Running on Bravado.

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:53 AM

hmmm.. both sides play it.

Politicans also play the "poor card", the culture card, the religion card, the celeb card, and a whole bunch of other such nonsense that is just part of democracy.

Som1's gettin' snippy.

There Will Be Brawl
Greatest Webseries Ever

If you carry out a policy that dehumanizes others, in the process you yourself are dehumanized.-Desmond Tutu

#3    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 30,287 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:03 AM

InHuman on Jul 31 2008, 09:53 PM, said:

hmmm.. both sides play it.

Politicans also play the "poor card", the culture card, the religion card, the celeb card, and a whole bunch of other such nonsense that is just part of democracy.

Som1's gettin' snippy.

Yes but if you don't vote for obama your a racists.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#4    InHuman

InHuman

Alien Abducter

• 4,492 posts

• Running on Bravado.

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:10 AM

danielost on Jul 31 2008, 08:03 PM, said:

Yes but if you don't vote for obama your a racists.

rolleyes.gif  sleepy.gif

And if you DO vote for him, you're also a racist. amirite?

Saying it dosn't make it true, and you obviously don't bother reading posts.

Edited by InHuman, 01 August 2008 - 03:16 AM.

There Will Be Brawl
Greatest Webseries Ever

If you carry out a policy that dehumanizes others, in the process you yourself are dehumanized.-Desmond Tutu

#5    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 30,287 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:30 AM

InHuman on Jul 31 2008, 10:10 PM, said:

rolleyes.gif  sleepy.gif

And if you DO vote for him, you're also a racist. amirite?

Saying it dosn't make it true, and you obviously don't bother reading posts.

I don't think Mccain can make that claim or will.  But Obama will he already has.

There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#6    InHuman

InHuman

Alien Abducter

• 4,492 posts

• Running on Bravado.

Posted 01 August 2008 - 04:38 AM

danielost on Jul 31 2008, 08:30 PM, said:

I don't think Mccain can make that claim or will.  But Obama will he already has.

Where/when?

And the Mccain camp have been throwing that around for many months, they say that the poor blacks/minorities that vote for him JUST because he isn't white are racist.

There Will Be Brawl
Greatest Webseries Ever

#7    Lt_Ripley

Lt_Ripley

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 20,036 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:53 AM

no different that McCain playing the 'hero' card.

#8    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 30,287 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:57 AM

InHuman on Jul 31 2008, 11:38 PM, said:

Where/when?

And the Mccain camp have been throwing that around for many months, they say that the poor blacks/minorities that vote for him JUST because he isn't white are racist.

hilley said that.

Lt_Ripley on Aug 1 2008, 12:53 AM, said:

But he is a hero.

The only reason I am backing McCain is he is the lesser of two evils.  Although it is almost to close to call.

Edited by danielost, 01 August 2008 - 05:58 AM.

#9    Lt_Ripley

Lt_Ripley

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 20,036 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:01 AM

danielost on Aug 1 2008, 01:57 AM, said:

hilley said that.

But he is a hero.

The only reason I am backing McCain is he is the lesser of two evils.  Although it is almost to close to call.

but plenty won't vote for Obama solely on his being black. I'm not voting for McCain because he's a bush wanna be. he's flipped flopped more than a trout on issues.

#10    InHuman

InHuman

Alien Abducter

• 4,492 posts

• Running on Bravado.

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:03 AM

danielost on Jul 31 2008, 10:57 PM, said:

hilley said that.

But he is a hero.

So what do you make of the people who DONT vote for him? Unamericans?

Just don't vote if thats your mindset. There is no "lesser of two evils"... theres idependents that would love your vote..

There Will Be Brawl
Greatest Webseries Ever

#11    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

• As darkness falls, night unfolds ebony wings to wrap the world in it's dark embrace.

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:17 AM

Lt_Ripley on Aug 1 2008, 12:53 AM, said:

Hmm... Wanting to be the commander and chief including the military... That would seem on topic to the situation! rolleyes.gif

And of course he is a hero.

It is a whole lot different because being black or having a funny name has nothing to do with being president.

but plenty won't vote for Obama solely on his being black.

But even more of blacks will vote for Obama soley because he is black. He has right now 90% of all black voters in support of him. That's much higher percentage of the minority of other voters who will simply vote against him for being black.

There is no "lesser of two evils"... theres idependents that would love your vote..

And waste your vote? laugh.gif

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." ~Philip K. Dick

"Passion, peace. Strength, knowledge. Power, serenity. Victory, harmony. Freedom, the Force." ~Ashara Zavros

#12    InHuman

InHuman

Alien Abducter

• 4,492 posts

• Running on Bravado.

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:20 AM

__Kratos__ on Jul 31 2008, 11:17 PM, said:

And waste your vote? laugh.gif

Atleast your not voting for evil, just a nobody.

There Will Be Brawl
Greatest Webseries Ever

#13    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 30,287 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:30 AM

InHuman on Aug 1 2008, 01:03 AM, said:

Just don't vote if thats your mindset. There is no "lesser of two evils"... theres idependents that would love your vote..

no not unamericans.

#14    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 30,287 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:32 AM

InHuman on Aug 1 2008, 01:03 AM, said:

If I don't vote then I really don't have the right to complain about the problems.

#15    InHuman

InHuman

Alien Abducter

• 4,492 posts

• Running on Bravado.

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:37 AM

danielost on Jul 31 2008, 11:32 PM, said:

If I don't vote then I really don't have the right to complain about the problems.

Find someone you WANT to vote for. Don't vote AGAINST.

There Will Be Brawl
Greatest Webseries Ever

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users