Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Preacher Stuffs Wife in Freezer

Wootloops

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sherapy

• Dr. D

• Link of Hyrule

• MissMelsWell

Yeah lawl I tried to find a better one that was a .gif. It circled around and would flash Faulty Logic Detected every so often.

Yeah lawl I tried to find a better one that was a .gif. It circled around and would flash Faulty Logic Detected every so often.

You, my friend, have won the internet.

Ok, enough of me throwing this off topic.

OMG sorry, I have to add my 2 cents. BEST AVATAR EVER!!

Okay, back to topic.

What a sicko.

It would be too easy to make the cheap shot comment about religion and hypocrisy, but really, it wouldn't even be fair. This goes beyond nailing the church secretary or molesting the youth group.

It would be too easy to make the cheap shot comment about religion and hypocrisy, but really, it wouldn't even be fair. This goes beyond nailing the church secretary or molesting the youth group.

If he was just a regular church goer, I wouldn't have posted it; but he was the preacher of the church. You'd think that all that bible reading would have made him a moral man, but it didn't, and it probably doesn't do much for anyone else either.

If he was just a regular church goer, I wouldn't have posted it; but he was the preacher of the church. You'd think that all that bible reading would have made him a moral man, but it didn't, and it probably doesn't do much for anyone else either.

Oh, I totally agree with you on that score. It's easy for the so-called moral and religious to get away with this sort of thing because people blindly trust clergy, despite having no reason to do so. No one even really investigated his claim that his wife had died in childbirth for four years, after all, which is probably the most disturbing part of it all.

Something about this guy just tells me that he never really even tried to be moral.

i concur with you on this note WL, it isnt a very effective preventative system, it dosent teach how to self correct or modify behavior , it represses behavior as long as the 'punisher' is around so what happens when the punisher is not around esepciallay an invisible one.....I imagine this is the caveat of moral dictums.... ???? repressed behavior has a high chance of becoming dysfunctional..... we see evidence of this in religion ...

i get that at one time this was thought to be an effective way to control humans but we see based on input output it is actually very ineffective and dangerous.....

Edited by Tangerine Sheri

As I read the article, he wasnt' even affiliated with any church or denomination. He was a self-styled minister AND a criminal before he started beating his Bible.

As I read the article, he wasnt' even affiliated with any church or denomination. He was a self-styled minister AND a criminal before he started beating his Bible.

Oh, pssh on the description it said that he was a preacher of a church. :hmm:

The MSN article I read yesterday said he'd guest preach at various churches, but was not an employed minister anywhere. (I can't find their article now, but I'll keep looking). Apparently, he was one of those roving preachers with no real credentials and no one thought to really check up on him.

Plain and simple he's a con man, a criminal, a murderer and pedophile. He used his preaching to carry out his real agenda... crime.

http://www.nbc15online.com/news/local/stor...b5-21bcbc75bbbe

this is the articles i found ......

i think its common place to declare oneself christiann or a preacher or doing gods will...based on a traditon or ritual or belongng to a church anyone can do this and alot do...,

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,394925,00.html

fox news

Something about this guy just tells me that he never really even tried to be moral.

Maybe he did try, but couldn't control himself.

Maybe he did try, but couldn't control himself.

Then it's really a shame no one caught on before his wife was killed and his children violated. Could have prevented the ruining of a lot of lives. Worse yet, he got away with it for years.

Then it's really a shame no one caught on before his wife was killed and his children violated. Could have prevented the ruining of a lot of lives. Worse yet, he got away with it for years.

I'm sure he told someone. But then again, maybe not.

http://www.nbc15online.com/news/local/stor...b5-21bcbc75bbbe

this is the articles i found ......

i think its common place to declare oneself christiann or a preacher or doing gods will...based on a traditon or ritual or belongng to a church anyone can do this and alot do...,

You're absolutely right.

Seems the higher up one puts themselves on the pedestal of holiness, the more likely they are to be involved in hypocritical scandal.

I'm not even referring to this particular case in saying that the very things that they condemn are the very things that they continuously do. I think even the most closeted peodophile priest or stripper fondling minister would be genuinely horrified at this guy.

The MSN article I read yesterday said he'd guest preach at various churches, but was not an employed minister anywhere. (I can't find their article now, but I'll keep looking). Apparently, he was one of those roving preachers with no real credentials and no one thought to really check up on him.

Plain and simple he's a con man, a criminal, a murderer and pedophile. He used his preaching to carry out his real agenda... crime.

miss wells according to fox news this is what the police said.. article is on this thread...

"Police said he preached at various churches and did not appear to be affiliated with a particular denomination."

all this means is he didnt just preach out of one church or for one particlar denomiination.....according to the article he was referred to as Rev and was preaching about forgivness to a congregation full of amens apparently he was respected as a preacher.....I think it woudl be a fair leap to say that if he was preaching at different churches he was biblically savvy....

It also says he had 'roots' in the county he was arrested from ....

Nothing about this post surprises me people do stupid things all the time.

You're absolutely right.

Seems the higher up one puts themselves on the pedestal of holiness, the more likely they are to be involved in hypocritical scandal.

I'm not even referring to this particular case in saying that the very things that they condemn are the very things that they continuously do. I think even the most closeted peodophile priest or stripper fondling minister would be genuinely horrified at this guy.

Lol Ted Haggard.

PZ Myer's also brings up another issue of this debacle in his blog post on it:

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2008/08...rible_story.php

Police allowed Hopkins to finish his sermon before arresting him.

Wait, what? Was this an example of Christians showing respect, that they allowed a child-raping murderer continue mouthing words of love and redemption in their church, words that clearly meant nothing to this monstrous psychopath?

Charges:

-Murder

-Rape, 2nd degree

-Sodomy, 1st degree

-Sex abuse, 1st degree

-Incest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fYGYUWFfTs

An example of brilliant theistic morality!

Isn't this but one example of the fallacy of a belief system permitting people to have authority on the basis that they were "filled with the spirit" or "moved by God?" That personal inspiration gives license to speak to groups and "spread the word" even though the character of the so-inspired person may be less than Christian?

It was another would-be protestant minister who put his baby in the microwave.

I am not placing an indictment against Christianity . . . . rather its methodology that does not demand academic preparation at many levels of its operation and depends upon the frailest of human experiences to grant the right to represent God in front of a congregation.

In these cases the inspiration was less valid than indigestion but in the spirit of Paul and others who spoke the message of God only from inspiration alone, it would seem that the tradition is flawed and that it is time to demand scholarship over claims of being touched by God.

this is bad and the man deserves what he gets.

but where are the attacks on the Muslim honor killings. happening right here in america