Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Please help


  • Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1    violet_dragon

violet_dragon

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Joined:08 Sep 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Earth

  • "It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth, and erase all doubt."

Posted 02 August 2008 - 10:39 PM

I used to think as I got older, my illness was getting better, but now I'm pretty sure it's the other way around.  Either way, however, I have always been sick since I was little.  Sometimes I'm really good, other times I'm really bad, but I cannot have a normal life.  I feel like I do not need to say anything else in order for someone to reply... except that I am at my wit's end.  No one knows what is wrong with me.


#2    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

    devil's aunt

  • Member
  • 21,746 posts
  • Joined:21 Jul 2008
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Croatia/Sucamore Beach

  • Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 03 August 2008 - 12:06 AM

Are you sure the cause of your illness is physical? It could be coming from your mind, negative thoughts manifesting themselves as physical illness?


Edit: Forgot to say I'm not psychic. Only a guess.

Edited by Helen of Annoy, 03 August 2008 - 12:11 AM.

Posted Image

The 5 millionth post was Junior Chubb's fault :D
Donnie Darko did nothing, but I had to mention him too.

#3    violet_dragon

violet_dragon

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Joined:08 Sep 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Earth

  • "It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth, and erase all doubt."

Posted 03 August 2008 - 06:15 PM

Helen of Annoy on Aug 2 2008, 07:06 PM, said:

Are you sure the cause of your illness is physical? It could be coming from your mind, negative thoughts manifesting themselves as physical illness?


Edit: Forgot to say I'm not psychic. Only a guess.



Well, anything is a possibility... I consider myself psychologically sound, but because I get ill so often I tend to get depressed, not the other way around... but I don't think so.


#4    InHuman

InHuman

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 4,492 posts
  • Joined:03 Aug 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada

  • Running on Bravado.

Posted 03 August 2008 - 06:19 PM

wash your hands?

There Will Be Brawl
Greatest Webseries Ever



Quote

If you carry out a policy that dehumanizes others, in the process you yourself are dehumanized.-Desmond Tutu

#5    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

    devil's aunt

  • Member
  • 21,746 posts
  • Joined:21 Jul 2008
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Croatia/Sucamore Beach

  • Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 03 August 2008 - 07:06 PM

violet_dragon on Aug 3 2008, 08:15 PM, said:

Well, anything is a possibility... I consider myself psychologically sound, but because I get ill so often I tend to get depressed, not the other way around... but I don't think so.

I'm sorry to hear you get ill often.
While you wait for some psychic to respond, you don't mind me saying something on human-to-human basis? I know first-hand, and many professionals (medical professionals) agree that we can do amazing things to our health just by having positive or negative attitude towards it.
I also know first-hand that depression can literally break our physical bodies and we don't even have to realize how depressed we are.

Maybe those persistant illnesses made you expect them, and therefore help them develop? I'm thinking about this because you say doctors don't know why you're often ill, so it sounds like there's no physical cause for them.  

I fight my depression each day and so far I'm winning and slowly (but surely) I'm getting my physical health back too.

Posted Image

The 5 millionth post was Junior Chubb's fault :D
Donnie Darko did nothing, but I had to mention him too.

#6    saturnrings

saturnrings

    Psychic Spy

  • Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Joined:22 Jun 2008

Posted 03 August 2008 - 07:15 PM

Helen of Annoy on Aug 3 2008, 08:06 PM, said:

I'm sorry to hear you get ill often.
While you wait for some psychic to respond, you don't mind me saying something on human-to-human basis? I know first-hand, and many professionals (medical professionals) agree that we can do amazing things to our health just by having positive or negative attitude towards it.
I also know first-hand that depression can literally break our physical bodies and we don't even have to realize how depressed we are.

Maybe those persistant illnesses made you expect them, and therefore help them develop? I'm thinking about this because you say doctors don't know why you're often ill, so it sounds like there's no physical cause for them.  

I fight my depression each day and so far I'm winning and slowly (but surely) I'm getting my physical health back too.

i have to agree here, dont think about yourself as a victim coz this is what makes you ill. i know that our society and world have become cold and ego centred but this also gives you the chance, to think about your needs more, and when you feel ready, to strike a balance between the two worlds.

im sure you are safe within your being, just let go of the past and re- create your world by starting off with simple things like a nice haircur, or a nice pair of underwear......anything....anything that would make you appreciate yourself more.
its easy just switch your mind on and hey things will happen just like magic........promise!!


#7    midnightangel

midnightangel

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 71 posts
  • Joined:05 Feb 2008

Posted 03 August 2008 - 07:31 PM

violet_dragon on Aug 3 2008, 06:15 PM, said:

Well, anything is a possibility... I consider myself psychologically sound, but because I get ill so often I tend to get depressed, not the other way around... but I don't think so.



What type of symptoms are you talking about?  Have you been to the doctor about this?

I have fibromyalgia and I have been sick since I was a teenager.  Never know when I will feel bad.  It's a debilitating illness.  Doctors are just now recognizing this as a disease.  It affects mostly women and for years docs said is was "all in our heads".  It can be very depressing, too...especially when people don't believe you are really sick and just never quite feeling 100%.

From wikipedia - look below at the signs and symptoms of Fibromyalgia - does this sound like what you may have violet?

Signs and symptoms

The defining symptoms of fibromyalgia are chronic, widespread pain and tenderness to light touch. Other symptoms can include moderate to severe fatigue, a heightened and painful response to gentle touch (allodynia), needle-like tingling of the skin, muscle aches, prolonged muscle spasms, weakness in the limbs, nerve pain, functional bowel disturbances,[4] and chronic sleep disturbances.[5] Sleep disturbances may be related to a phenomenon called alpha-delta sleep, a condition in which deep sleep (associated with delta waves) is frequently interrupted by bursts of alpha waves, which normally occur during wakefulness. Slow-wave sleep is often dramatically reduced.[citation needed]

Many patients experience cognitive dysfunction[6] (known as "brain fog" or "fibrofog"), which may be characterized by impaired concentration,[7] problems with short[8][7] and long-term memory, short-term memory consolidation,[8] genitourinary symptoms and interstitial cystitis, dermatological disorders, headaches, myoclonic twitches, and symptomatic hypoglycemia. Although fibromyalgia is classified based on the presence of chronic widespread pain, pain may also be localized in areas such as the shoulders, neck, low back, hips, or other areas. Many sufferers also experience varying degrees of facial pain and have high rates of comorbid temporomandibular joint disorder. Not all patients have all symptoms.

Symptoms can have a slow onset, and many patients have mild symptoms beginning in childhood, that are often misdiagnosed as growing pains.[citation needed] Symptoms are often aggravated by unrelated illness or changes in the weather.[citation needed]They can become more tolerable or less tolerable throughout daily or yearly cycles; however, many people with fibromyalgia find that, at least some of the time, the condition prevents them from performing normal activities such as driving a car or walking up stairs. The disorder does not cause inflammation as is characteristic of rheumatoid arthritis, although some non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs may temporarily reduce pain symptoms in some patients. Their use, however, is limited, and often of little to no value in pain management.[9]

Source:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fibromyalgia



Edited by midnightangel, 03 August 2008 - 07:32 PM.


#8    violet_dragon

violet_dragon

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Joined:08 Sep 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Earth

  • "It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth, and erase all doubt."

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:30 PM

midnightangel on Aug 3 2008, 02:31 PM, said:

What type of symptoms are you talking about?  Have you been to the doctor about this?

I have fibromyalgia and I have been sick since I was a teenager.  Never know when I will feel bad.  It's a debilitating illness.  Doctors are just now recognizing this as a disease.  It affects mostly women and for years docs said is was "all in our heads".  It can be very depressing, too...especially when people don't believe you are really sick and just never quite feeling 100%.

From wikipedia - look below at the signs and symptoms of Fibromyalgia - does this sound like what you may have violet?

Signs and symptoms

The defining symptoms of fibromyalgia are chronic, widespread pain and tenderness to light touch. Other symptoms can include moderate to severe fatigue, a heightened and painful response to gentle touch (allodynia), needle-like tingling of the skin, muscle aches, prolonged muscle spasms, weakness in the limbs, nerve pain, functional bowel disturbances,[4] and chronic sleep disturbances.[5] Sleep disturbances may be related to a phenomenon called alpha-delta sleep, a condition in which deep sleep (associated with delta waves) is frequently interrupted by bursts of alpha waves, which normally occur during wakefulness. Slow-wave sleep is often dramatically reduced.[citation needed]

Many patients experience cognitive dysfunction[6] (known as "brain fog" or "fibrofog"), which may be characterized by impaired concentration,[7] problems with short[8][7] and long-term memory, short-term memory consolidation,[8] genitourinary symptoms and interstitial cystitis, dermatological disorders, headaches, myoclonic twitches, and symptomatic hypoglycemia. Although fibromyalgia is classified based on the presence of chronic widespread pain, pain may also be localized in areas such as the shoulders, neck, low back, hips, or other areas. Many sufferers also experience varying degrees of facial pain and have high rates of comorbid temporomandibular joint disorder. Not all patients have all symptoms.

Symptoms can have a slow onset, and many patients have mild symptoms beginning in childhood, that are often misdiagnosed as growing pains.[citation needed] Symptoms are often aggravated by unrelated illness or changes in the weather.[citation needed]They can become more tolerable or less tolerable throughout daily or yearly cycles; however, many people with fibromyalgia find that, at least some of the time, the condition prevents them from performing normal activities such as driving a car or walking up stairs. The disorder does not cause inflammation as is characteristic of rheumatoid arthritis, although some non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs may temporarily reduce pain symptoms in some patients. Their use, however, is limited, and often of little to no value in pain management.[9]

Source:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fibromyalgia



Thank you everyone for your concern, but I have thoroughly researched my body type and symptoms and so on, and I do not have clinical depression.  It is more of an up and down in my mood.  I am into alternative medicine and so on... it is also genetic, my mom and grandmother were sickly same as myself.  While we share the same symptoms I'm sure the reason behind them aren't the same.  I uh, also wash my hands... quite well.  Ahem.  But again, thank you for your suggestions, but I know this is not the case, even if you think of it as a possibility.  If there are any psychics who can help, please do, otherwise I can look for help elsewhere again.


#9    saturnrings

saturnrings

    Psychic Spy

  • Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Joined:22 Jun 2008

Posted 04 August 2008 - 12:02 AM

violet_dragon on Aug 3 2008, 11:30 PM, said:

Thank you everyone for your concern, but I have thoroughly researched my body type and symptoms and so on, and I do not have clinical depression.  It is more of an up and down in my mood.  I am into alternative medicine and so on... it is also genetic, my mom and grandmother were sickly same as myself.  While we share the same symptoms I'm sure the reason behind them aren't the same.  I uh, also wash my hands... quite well.  Ahem.  But again, thank you for your suggestions, but I know this is not the case, even if you think of it as a possibility.  If there are any psychics who can help, please do, otherwise I can look for help elsewhere again.

why you ask for psychics  in this forum? it seems to me that you want to get yourself into trouble by accepting what a 'psychic' will tell you.
you are your own healer, and if you know -as you said- what the problem is, you should aslo meditate to get the answer.

getting personal responsibility of your own well being is important, and nobody else can do it for you.

most people have moods and mood swings. you could also ask and befriend people of the same weavelenght, via groups or the net........

my feeling is that you are very lonely and your mind sees it as some short of sikness.

pm me if you want x


#10    violet_dragon

violet_dragon

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Joined:08 Sep 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Earth

  • "It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth, and erase all doubt."

Posted 04 August 2008 - 02:22 AM

saturnrings on Aug 3 2008, 07:02 PM, said:

why you ask for psychics  in this forum? it seems to me that you want to get yourself into trouble by accepting what a 'psychic' will tell you.
you are your own healer, and if you know -as you said- what the problem is, you should aslo meditate to get the answer.

getting personal responsibility of your own well being is important, and nobody else can do it for you.

most people have moods and mood swings. you could also ask and befriend people of the same weavelenght, via groups or the net........

my feeling is that you are very lonely and your mind sees it as some short of sikness.

pm me if you want x

I am a little angry that you would suggest something like that, when I more than anyone know my body, and you have never met me and don't really know my situation.  I wish I could be making this up in my head but unfortunately it is real.  And if you don't believe in psychics and insist on giving such "real" advice then why are you on this forum?  I do not just blindly follow whoever tells me what they think could be wrong.  I am following a gut instict after years and years of research and trial and error from all kinds of doctors and healers and even acupunturists.  Simple loneliness does not create such sickness that I have.  I have instilled myself with hope and growth, and therefore being sick is an unfortunate blessing for me... just not one that I wish to be with any longer, because I believe my growth in the future should be different.


#11    saturnrings

saturnrings

    Psychic Spy

  • Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Joined:22 Jun 2008

Posted 04 August 2008 - 10:55 AM

violet_dragon on Aug 4 2008, 03:22 AM, said:

I am a little angry that you would suggest something like that, when I more than anyone know my body, and you have never met me and don't really know my situation.  I wish I could be making this up in my head but unfortunately it is real.  And if you don't believe in psychics and insist on giving such "real" advice then why are you on this forum?  I do not just blindly follow whoever tells me what they think could be wrong.  I am following a gut instict after years and years of research and trial and error from all kinds of doctors and healers and even acupunturists.  Simple loneliness does not create such sickness that I have.  I have instilled myself with hope and growth, and therefore being sick is an unfortunate blessing for me... just not one that I wish to be with any longer, because I believe my growth in the future should be different.

no sure why you angry with me i just responded to your post out of concern.
well obviously im not telling you what you would like to hear, altho i responded according to your sayings.

even if i was a physic i would  be very cautious as to what I' d say to you, because really if you dont know what's wrong nobody will.

ill not bother you again hope you get well soon

x


#12    AndreaRenee

AndreaRenee

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined:25 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:indiana

  • sometimes you dont wake up but when you happen to you know things will never be the same!!

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:31 PM

violet_dragon on Aug 2 2008, 11:39 PM, said:

I used to think as I got older, my illness was getting better, but now I'm pretty sure it's the other way around.  Either way, however, I have always been sick since I was little.  Sometimes I'm really good, other times I'm really bad, but I cannot have a normal life.  I feel like I do not need to say anything else in order for someone to reply... except that I am at my wit's end.  No one knows what is wrong with me.





i believe if you tell yourself your sick you will be, but maybe if you try telling yourself your not sick and believe in yourself enought to make it so you will get ove your illness. this is called the power of persuasion. you have the power to heal yourself you just have to believe in it.
i hope i was of some help i wish you the best and hope you get well,
andrea

a life lived in lies is a life of denial

#13    John from Lowell

John from Lowell

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,758 posts
  • Joined:23 Sep 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Massachusetts

  • Self Love Unlocks the Magic Inside

Posted 04 August 2008 - 09:02 PM

violet_dragon on Aug 3 2008, 10:22 PM, said:

I am a little angry that you would suggest something like that, when I more than anyone know my body, and you have never met me and don't really know my situation.  I wish I could be making this up in my head but unfortunately it is real.  And if you don't believe in psychics and insist on giving such "real" advice then why are you on this forum?  I do not just blindly follow whoever tells me what they think could be wrong.  I am following a gut instict after years and years of research and trial and error from all kinds of doctors and healers and even acupunturists.  Simple loneliness does not create such sickness that I have.  I have instilled myself with hope and growth, and therefore being sick is an unfortunate blessing for me... just not one that I wish to be with any longer, because I believe my growth in the future should be different.


I have a friend who is in a similar circumstance. Every week for almost two years now, we have visualize a connection with each other that involves self healing. We are both satisfied with what has evolved as a result of doing this. Do you think you would be interested in looking into something like this?

John



What We Are Never Changes !!

Who We Are Is Always Changing !!!

#14    Enigmatic Ghost

Enigmatic Ghost

    Telekinetic

  • Banned
  • 7,581 posts
  • Joined:30 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Male

Posted 04 August 2008 - 10:09 PM

Writers/Authors Disclaimer here this is not to be taken as medicinal advices or shamanistic counseling to anyone…

In Short form here I can share this from own Shamanistic Journals’ of a four way reading I did a few summers back…

Fawn’s illness is a very bad case of uncontrollable bought of Irritable Bawl syndrome and other conditions, but what Joseph showed to me was in all of it, it was all due to her Family having so filled her head and harmed her heart with Hate that it manifested to her physical Body and has tormented her in every way, Joseph showed me that People’s illnesses are as a stick picked up and held tightly to, and some people carry huge bundles of Sticks so heavy and of great burdens, but most always they were not given these burden bundle by anyone else but them self’s they picked up the bundles and they only need to lay down all and every negative of present and past and never pick them up again…

I Hoped this may have helped you, sweet day and heal first from within in first finding your center balance…Pavot



#15    someoldlady

someoldlady

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Joined:27 Apr 2007
  • Gender:Female

Posted 04 August 2008 - 10:35 PM

AndreaRenee on Aug 4 2008, 12:31 PM, said:

i believe if you tell yourself your sick you will be, but maybe if you try telling yourself your not sick and believe in yourself enought to make it so you will get ove your illness. this is called the power of persuasion. you have the power to heal yourself you just have to believe in it.
i hope i was of some help i wish you the best and hope you get well,
andrea

Or it could be a hard to diagnose illness with real symptoms and dangers. My daughter spent years feeling ill, and having most doctors tell her she was depressed, or had an anxiety disorder. She finally found a doctor who would do some tests instead of blowing off her seemingly unrelated symptoms as a sign of mental disorder. He ran test after test, ruling out various thing, MS, Lyme's disease, Lupus, to name a few. It turns out she has Addison's Disease, which is adrenal gland malfunction. It turns out if your adrenal gland doesn't produce enough Cortisol, you can suffer from depression, tremors, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, excess skin pigmentation, weight loss, excess sleepiness, lack of energy, coma and even death. I doubt that telling herself to feel better would have taken care of all of those symptoms any more than a diabetic telling his high blood sugar to go away would make him better.
So, I am not psychic, but I would recommend you keep searching until you find a doctor that is willing to look for the true cause of your symptoms, whatever they are.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users