Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 4 votes

What are you reading?

• Please log in to reply
1560 replies to this topic

#1276    Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Facebook Fiend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

• Your blood's worth bottling!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:41 AM

Mo Hayder:Skin

Swindon Town:  Division Two Champions 2011-12.
Proud member of Macdonald's Red Army since 1989.
Up the Robins!

#1277    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

apologist by opinion

• 2,766 posts
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

• Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.” ―Siddhārtha Gautama

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:46 AM

Just finished Robert Jordan's wheel of time series book seven.
Will start book eight on Monday.
Mrs. Peregrine's home for peculiar children was a recent read and was decent. I loved the photos.
Finished david eddings belgariad and mallorian less the last book of mallorean. Need to order it on Amazon or something.
Read under the dome by Steven king before that... huge storyline as far as characters. Pretty good. The first I've read of Steven king. I have dreamcatcher and the green mile waiting on my bookshelf for when I'm between series.
Before that was game of thrones up until the last released book... my thoughts? Meh! Not as impressed as others were. Writing changed after book three to add fluff.... wasn't too thrilled with some of the ages of characters in the book. I found it unnecessary and distasteful.
Before that I read the first book in a series which was borrowed to me called enders game... I really enjoyed that book. I don't usually read spacey science fiction stuff but this one hooked me.  
Wow did I just babble or what... LOL
As of an hour ago I'm not reading anything so really I should have waited til Monday to post I suppose.

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#1278    Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Facebook Fiend

• 1,113 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

Stephen Leather:Livewire

Up the Robins!

#1279    Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Facebook Fiend

• 1,113 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

Michael Cordy: The Colour Of Death.

Btw the Leather book was the first I've seem without chapters.

Up the Robins!

#1280    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

Finished Stephen Kings Salems Lot, now Im reading Mitchio Kakus Parallel World and HIgher Dimensions

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#1281    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,682 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

I'm on The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien. ;)

"One leader, one people, signifies one master and millions of slaves." - Camus

#1282    Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Facebook Fiend

• 1,113 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

Adam Blake: The Demon Code

Up the Robins!

#1283    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

The Beast With Five Fingers - W. F. Harvey. I had this Wordsworth copy lying about for a couple of months now. It has 45 short stories. I have just read the book's title story and it was brilliant equally amusing and creepy about a wealthy eccentric family more specifically about a man and his recently deceased uncle's hand thus the beast with five fingers.

I bought 6 more of Wordsworth's series of mystery and supernatural writers and am going to buy a few more during my next shop for books.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#1284    Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Facebook Fiend

• 1,113 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

Tom Harper: Book Of Secrets

Up the Robins!

#1285    Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Facebook Fiend

• 1,113 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

Craig Robertson: Random

Up the Robins!

#1286    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,435 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

Just finished Storm of Swords, by George R.R. Martin, book 3 of a Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones, if you've only seen the TV show).

At the moment I'm rereading Towers of Midnight by Robert Jordan (and Brandon Sanderson), book 13 of Wheel of Time. When that's done I'll finally be able to get book 14 and finish a series I've been waiting 20 years to see.

Then I'll start on Feast for Crows (book 4 of a Song of Ice and Fire).

I'm also amusing myself with Dr Dale's A-Z of zombies, but that's just for fun. And of course, I'm always trying the Bible, but I'm not sure that counts in a thread like this.

~ Regards,

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#1287    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,387 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

My neighbour's Electricity Meter.

#1288    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

View PostEldorado, on 18 January 2013 - 12:30 PM, said:

My neighbour's Electricity Meter.

#1289    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

View PostParanoid Android, on 17 January 2013 - 11:45 PM, said:

Just finished Storm of Swords, by George R.R. Martin, book 3 of a Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones, if you've only seen the TV show).

At the moment I'm rereading Towers of Midnight by Robert Jordan (and Brandon Sanderson), book 13 of Wheel of Time. When that's done I'll finally be able to get book 14 and finish a series I've been waiting 20 years to see.

Then I'll start on Feast for Crows (book 4 of a Song of Ice and Fire).

I'm also amusing myself with Dr Dale's A-Z of zombies, but that's just for fun. And of course, I'm always trying the Bible, but I'm not sure that counts in a thread like this.

~ Regards,

The George R.R. Martin books are astounding. So dark. Tyrion is one of the best characters I've encountered anywhere.

Though I would advise you to put off reading the rest for a year or two, or you will have a torturous few years (maybe more) waiting on the next.

Personally I don't think he'll finish the series before he dies.

#1290    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,435 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

That's ok, ExpandMyMind, I'm used to authors not finishing a series in their lifetime. Robert Jordan (Wheel of Time) passed away several years ago, his wife found a shadow writer in Brandon Sanderson to finish - hence why I've waited 20 years to see a conclusion.

And yes, I agree that Tyrion is an amazing character. I've still got a couple of books to red anyway before that happens (I read them 17 years ago when I was in High School the TV series just got me interested in rereading them, plus the new book that came out). Honesty I hope Martin won't take forever to finish the series but it seems to be the way of things.

That's ok, ExpandMyMind, I'm used to authors not finishing a series in their lifetime. Robert Jordan (Wheel of Time) passed away several years ago, his wife found a shadow writer in Brandon Sanderson to finish - hence why I've waited 20 years to see a conclusion.

And yes, I agree that Tyrion is an amazing character. I've still got a couple of books to red anyway before that happens (I read them 17 years ago when I was in High School the TV series just got me interested in rereading them, plus the new book that came out). Honesty I hope Martin won't take forever to finish the series but it seems to be the way of things.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users