Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 4 votes

What are you reading?

• Please log in to reply
1632 replies to this topic

#1336    Vaise

Vaise

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

• http://www.youtube.com/user/VaiseShepard/videos

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:18 AM

Im currently reading A Game of Thrones, The dark elf Trilogy and The Hunger Games

Posted Image

I’d rather trust and regret than doubt and regret:- Kirito

#1337    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 11,594 posts

• "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice."
    .....Robert Frost

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:19 AM

The Third Gate by Lincoln Child. Good solo book by half of a great writing team.

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

Opponere draconem est prehendere vitam

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

#1338    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,789 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:35 AM

Just a half hour ago started Head Hunters by Jo Nesbo. I saw the movie and loved it, then saw the book, written by Nesbo, that I didn't know existed. It's sort of a black comedy.

#1339    _Only

_Only

• 6,778 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:51 AM

I've been reading Seth Speaks: The Eternal Validity Of The Soul. A metaphsyics book supposedly channeled from Jane Roberts in trance, and written down by her husband, in many sessions over years. Regardless of whether the channeling part is true or not, the content is fascinating. Seth goes about explaining everything that is. I accidentally dropped this book in the Bay, fished it back, and still read it, showing the affinity I have for its contents. It's somewhat smelly now, but is just as interesting and thought provoking as before it got its sea legs. I read small bits at a time, and it's a large book, but I am nearing finising it. I have another Seth book waiting after this one.

I also picked up Cosmos awhile ago, but am having trouble getting into it, so it has been collecting dust in my car for quite awhile now.

"I think there may be "ghost phenomenon" that may be still not fully understood or dismissed, but that doesn't make it spirits of the dead, anymore than "UFO" means "spaceship" or even "UFO" or "spaceship" is directly related to aliens, or anything else. There is way too much assumption and a baseless reliance on anecdotal lore, like when people assert this or that about the spirit world or the astral plane or Ouija board demons, or religion. I say 'says WHO?'" - Paranormalcy

#1340    Titanicneversank

Titanicneversank

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,632 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:18 AM

View PostBeany, on 17 March 2013 - 05:35 AM, said:

Just a half hour ago started Head Hunters by Jo Nesbo. I saw the movie and loved it, then saw the book, written by Nesbo, that I didn't know existed. It's sort of a black comedy.

I love Nesbo! Definitely my pick of the Scandinavian writers that I have read so far.

#1341    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

#1342    Enoonmai

Enoonmai

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• There are things known, and things unknown, in between are the doors

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:10 PM

Rereading two, The Night Country by Loren Eiseley and Journey to the End of the Night by Louis - Ferdinand Celine

Lone Wolf; Test Everything - Believe Nothing

#1343    Mistydawn

Mistydawn

Feathered Feline

• 11,596 posts

• Dethpicably quackers!!!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:34 PM

Just finished Terry Pratchett's "I shall wear midnight" He never disappoints me.

Posted Image

#1344    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,994 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

True Irish Ghost Stories

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

#1345    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

• 12,996 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:23 PM

View PostMistydawn, on 18 March 2013 - 12:34 PM, said:

Just finished Terry Pratchett's "I shall wear midnight" He never disappoints me.
It's wonderful, isn't it?! :w00t:  I love all his books and agree with you that he never disappoints.

I'm working my way through all Annie Proulx's books, I've read four ...... just started 'Accordian Crimes' today. She's most famous for 'The Shipping News' which won an award, and 'Brokeback Mountain' which was made into a film.

#1346    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 11,594 posts

• "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice."
    .....Robert Frost

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:44 AM

Just started The Sanctuary by Raymond Khoury

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

Opponere draconem est prehendere vitam

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

#1347    magnoliaReverie

magnoliaReverie

Poltergeist

• 2,930 posts

• In the end, we'll all become stories.

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:48 AM

Almost finished Cold Mountain (Charles Frazier). It's not something I would normally read but the writing is beautiful. Almost poetic at times.

#1348    Enoonmai

Enoonmai

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• There are things known, and things unknown, in between are the doors

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:45 PM

Not bragging but I met Charles and got an autographed copy for free, the entire book reminds me of the Odyssey, and Ulysses

Lone Wolf; Test Everything - Believe Nothing

#1349    WGH

WGH

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 365 posts

• Today is tomorrows yesterday, and yesterdays tomorrow.

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:55 PM

The Striker - Clive cussler. Its an Isaac Bell adventure set in 1902. love Cussler!

#1350    Miss Shadows

Miss Shadows

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

• Welcome to my home. Now get the **** out.

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:48 AM

I used to read constantly when I was little, but I think as the content's gotten more mature I've gotten more casual with it. I just started a book called 'Tapetinvärinen', by Virpi Hämeen-Anttila. It's really recent but very good, I was pretty surprised.

I finished a book days ago, and I can't remember the author's name for the life of me, but the book is called 'An Object of Beauty'. Great book, wonderful perceptions and a very sharp, caustic narration. The ending was very disappointing, sadly, but nonetheless I'd recommrnd it.

American with an accent, Christian with a tat, sociopath with a heart, child with no mother, Lover with no Lover, confidently doubting, amused but not laughing, woman but child, feisty yet caring, sweet when not bitter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users