Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 4 votes

What are you reading?

• Please log in to reply
1632 replies to this topic

#1381    WitchInBoots

WitchInBoots

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

• "Knock Knock...Can I come out of the broom closet yet?"

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:47 AM

Thanks Leaf *hugs*  it's been a long time coming and I'm really excited about the series...I hope everyone else will be too

Witchy

#1382    MysticStrummer

MysticStrummer

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

• The great path has no gates. Thousands of roads enter it. When one passes through this gateless gate, he walks freely between heaven and earth.

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:19 PM

Just started The Magician King by Lev Grossman. Sequel to The Magicians.

Ummon asked : "The world is such a wide world, why do you answer a bell and don ceremonial robes?" ~ Zen Flesh Zen Bones

#1383    anubis9

anubis9

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:15 AM

i was reading about the assassins and the templar knights and alchemy

Edited by anubis9, 08 July 2013 - 07:15 AM.

#1384    Insanity!

Insanity!

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

• "Expect Insanity."

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:50 AM

Reading King's Everything is Eventual. I read Night Shift and loved all the little stories so I thought I'd give this one a go. I'm a few stories in. The Man In The Black Suit, is one of my favorite stories so far. It feels so creepy and eerie to me.

#1385    seaturtlehorsesnake

seaturtlehorsesnake

i am political correctness gone mad

• 2,563 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:57 AM

books! hooray for books!

i'm making a go at the decline and fall of the roman empire. i've read it about two thirds of the way through twice now, but i'm going get through all of it this time. it's not that it's even a hard set of books to read, gibbon wrote very readable stuff... but the style, it wears. it wears me down.

#1386    SCFan

SCFan

ISA 62:2; 65:15; HOS 1:10; 2:23; MATT 21:43; ACTS 11:26

• 2,621 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:08 AM

The Eagle And The Lion: The Tragedy Of American-Iranian Relations by James A Bill

Superb read thus far that was in fact a recommendation!

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#1387    JMPD1

JMPD1

Child of the Universe

• 6,022 posts

• you want to know the answer? Hell, I'm still working on the question!

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:30 PM

Currently, reading "8 Essential Steps to Conflict Resolution" by D. Weeks.

Also, re-reading "Hammer's Slammers" by David Drake,  "Advanced Celtic Shamanism" by D.J. Conway, and the new "Eldar Codex" by Games Workshop.

Quote of the Year 2006: HAY! I did more then just say I wanna be ina a man sammich! - SC

You have the right to remain silent.  You might want to think about exercising that right more often

Not Another Moment Lost To Seizures

#1388    regi

regi

Government Agent

• 3,500 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:11 PM

A Case For Solomon by Tal McThenia and Margaret Dunbar Cutright.
It's a very intriguing story, one I'd never heard of, but similar to the story focused on in the movie Changeling.

In 1912 Louisiana, a four year old boy went missing as his family, extended family and friends were gathered at a swampy lake for days of camping and fishing.
Eight months later, a boy turned up in Mississippi after having been traveling with a wandering piano tuner.
After the family claimed the boy as their missing child, a woman in North Carolina claimed that the boy was actually her child who who'd been kidnapped.
Both families went to court, and once settled, custody was awarded to the Louisiana family.
Decades later, DNA proved which family it was that he actually did come from.

Edited by regi, 19 July 2013 - 06:15 PM.

#1389    MainerMikeBrown

MainerMikeBrown

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 232 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:13 PM

Currently I'm reading my 2013 World Almanac.  It's one of my favorite books because it has so much information about so many different topics.

I like reading up on astronomy, world history, sports history, and more.  And this book has a lot about these subjects.

#1390    seaturtlehorsesnake

seaturtlehorsesnake

i am political correctness gone mad

• 2,563 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:53 AM

the wind's twelve quarters, by ursula leguin. just a great collection, as comforting to pick up as visiting an old friend. which is what it basically is to me.

#1391    MainerMikeBrown

MainerMikeBrown

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 232 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:27 PM

Now I'm reading U.S. History for Dummies.

The odd part of this book is that it doesn't have a great deal of information about the wars the U.S. has been involved with over the years.  I wish it had more to say about Vietnam, WW 1 and 2, and the Korean war.

#1392    SCFan

SCFan

• 2,621 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:03 PM

Low Life: Lures And Snares Of Old New York by Luc Sante

He was consulted by Martin Scorsese for Gangs Of New York

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#1393    SCFan

SCFan

• 2,621 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:23 PM

Currently reading:

Assault On The Liberty: The True Story Of The Israeli Attack On An American Intelligence Ship by James M Ennes Jr

Heartwrenching read, especially the pages detailing the attack itself and its aftermath. Like witnessing a train wreck and absolutely being powerless to do anything about it.  I am hundred pages into this book.

I need to buy the BBC documentary DVD, Dead In The Water, as I hear it is equally fantastic.

#1394    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

• Finite to fail, infinite to venture!

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:40 PM

Almost finished JK Rowling's absolute beauty Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix, done it in around three weeks, read it twice before but wanted to reacquaint myself with it.

Got a couple Goosebumps on the go and Atlas Shrugged, which is a work of genius, too.

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air and deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves, The echo of a distant tide comes willowing across the sand and everything is green and submarine...

You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

#1395    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,563 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:24 AM

Reading Halo Effect, Blasphemy, Mothman files, and the plays of Euripedes

much better than last few groups ive read....Davinci Code was not as good as advertised

When you know what a man loves, you know what can kill him

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users