Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Devraha Baba, siddha master

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1    dlv

dlv

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 11:58 PM

It's so incredible that I believe it, regardless. What say you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WriHelqxdK4...feature=related

"Devraha Baba was a siddha who lived for over 250 years, before entering samadhi in 1989. So elderly was he that the first President of India, Dr. Rajendra Prasad, more than fifty years ago, said that his father had sat at the feet of Devraha Baba as a child - that is, in the middle of the nineteenth century - and Devraha Baba was already elderly at that time. Devraha Baba never took food, and never set foot on the ground. He lived in a unique hut that was raised off the ground by bamboo poles. This rare video footage was recorded for a Russian television channel around 1987-1989, so it is not in English."

#2    sumthingnice60

sumthingnice60

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 12:16 AM

I'm not sure I believe it, but it's still an interesting find.

#3    Mainpoint

Mainpoint

Psychic Spy

• 1,534 posts

• The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.........(Dune 1965)

Posted 11 August 2008 - 01:45 AM

sumthingnice60 on Aug 11 2008, 12:16 AM, said:

I'm not sure I believe it, but it's still an interesting find.

That dude looks like he is 70 or 80 max.

The question is ok so he is old why worship the dude?

Posted Image

"Only the educated are free." Epictetus Circa back in the day.

#4    Omnaka

Omnaka

Omnaka

• 7,064 posts

• Forgive the Body and love the soul, For the soul is Gods Eternal child, your Brother.
    O.

Posted 11 August 2008 - 02:09 AM

dlv on Aug 10 2008, 11:58 PM, said:

It's so incredible that I believe it, regardless. What say you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WriHelqxdK4...feature=related

"Devraha Baba was a siddha who lived for over 250 years, before entering samadhi in 1989. So elderly was he that the first President of India, Dr. Rajendra Prasad, more than fifty years ago, said that his father had sat at the feet of Devraha Baba as a child - that is, in the middle of the nineteenth century - and Devraha Baba was already elderly at that time. Devraha Baba never took food, and never set foot on the ground. He lived in a unique hut that was raised off the ground by bamboo poles. This rare video footage was recorded for a Russian television channel around 1987-1989, so it is not in English."

As MainPoint Points out, What is his claim to Fame besides His living to be 150 years Old?

What does he teach, Whats he say about God? You know whats His Message?

I don;t understand the language in the video.

Can anyone help ?

Love Omnaka

#5    dlv

dlv

Psychic Spy

• 1,156 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:57 AM

Mainpoint on Aug 11 2008, 02:45 AM, said:

The question is ok so he is old why worship the dude?

Nobody's worshiping him. He's not meant to be worshiped. Actually, he's only a servant...of God. Just another testament of God's clue for this world..., one of those dudes. No big deal to some, while others went out of their way to get his shakti blessing. He was a master siddha and an Indian saint, after all, and that's nothing to sneeze at in the psychic world (figuratively speaking). Devraha Hans Baba is his successor. original.gif

#6    Mr.Peabody

Mr.Peabody

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 161 posts

• We only grow when we step outside our comfort zone.

Posted 11 August 2008 - 04:17 AM

there's a sucker born every minute.

#7    Omnaka

Omnaka

Omnaka

• 7,064 posts

• Forgive the Body and love the soul, For the soul is Gods Eternal child, your Brother.
    O.

Posted 11 August 2008 - 04:21 AM

dlv on Aug 11 2008, 03:57 AM, said:

Nobody's worshiping him. He's not meant to be worshiped. Actually, he's only a servant...of God. Just another testament of God's clue for this world..., one of those dudes. No big deal to some, while others went out of their way to get his shakti blessing. He was a master siddha and an Indian saint, after all, and that's nothing to sneeze at in the psychic world (figuratively speaking). Devraha Hans Baba is his successor. original.gif

Hi Div, can You post a  Good link Or should I Just google him and see what I can.

I wish there was an English translation to that video.

What is his message and what does he say about God ?

Short version\, Just want to know more about him.

Has he ever been Maried How does that sit with an indian Saint Any Kids ?

Please post some of his words In english.

Thanks.

Love Omnaka

#8    Omnaka

Omnaka

Omnaka

• 7,064 posts

O.

Posted 11 August 2008 - 04:23 AM

[quote name='Mr.Peabody' date='Aug 11 2008, 04:17 AM' post='2438593']
there's a sucker born every minute.
[/quotePeabody,
They're calling you in the ET section.

Love Omnaka

#9    dlv

dlv

Psychic Spy

• 1,156 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 05:20 AM

Omnaka on Aug 11 2008, 05:21 AM, said:

Hi Div, can You post a  Good link Or should I Just google him and see what I can. I wish there was an English translation to that video. What is his message and what does he say about God ?

Yes, Google him. Unfortunately, there's no English translation, not yet at least.

The awakening of the kundalini and the removal of blockage(s) of the chakras, dissolving the tensions, are the most important elements. The seeker gets awakened to his or her direct connection to God. It is a blessing to be in the presence of a saint, to even get there. Many things could easily happen to not make this contact happen while in transit. To even get the desire to seek a saint is a miracle in itself. Some say it's a spiritual evolution. The thing with Indian saints, they don't have to say anything at all, and voila, your chakras get opened up and your kundalini is flowing strongly. After that, it's really up to the individual to keep up the flow. That's when "spiritual work" comes in. It's the dance of Shiva. As I mentioned earlier in one of my posts that it's not natural to grow spiritually. It's not natural to evolve because everything in this world is against it. Why would one want to disturb one's equilibrium, especially if one's life is good and dandy with full of goodies? Then again, that equilibrium will eventually turn into a prison.

Peace.

#10    Omnaka

Omnaka

Omnaka

• 7,064 posts

O.

Posted 11 August 2008 - 05:27 AM

dlv on Aug 11 2008, 05:20 AM, said:

Yes, Google him. Unfortunately, there's no English translation, not yet at least.

The awakening of the kundalini and the removal of blockage(s) of the chakras, dissolving the tensions, are the most important elements. The seeker gets awakened to his or her direct connection to God. It is a blessing to be in the presence of a saint, to even get there. Many things could easily happen to not make this contact happen while in transit. To even get the desire to seek a saint is a miracle in itself. Some say it's a spiritual evolution. The thing with Indian saints, they don't have to say anything at all, and voila, your chakras get opened up and your kundalini is flowing strongly. After that, it's really up to the individual to keep up the flow. That's when "spiritual work" comes in. It's the dance of Shiva. As I mentioned earlier in one of my posts that it's not natural to grow spiritually. It's not natural to evolve because everything in this world is against it. Why would one want to disturb one's equilibrium, especially if one's life is good and dandy with full of goodies? Then again, that equilibrium will eventually turn into a prison.

Peace.

I underestand, Good thing my life was not full of Goodies, It has been natural my whole life.. Did he have any Kids?

Love Omnaka

#11    dlv

dlv

Psychic Spy

• 1,156 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 05:53 AM

Most people assumed that he's a renunciant, especially since he did not eat food, but he did drink water; therefore, no children or even a trace of one.

#12    Mainpoint

Mainpoint

Psychic Spy

• 1,534 posts

• The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.........(Dune 1965)

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:05 AM

dlv on Aug 11 2008, 05:53 AM, said:

Most people assumed that he's a renunciant, especially since he did not eat food, but he did drink water; therefore, no children or even a trace of one.

I would say he is damn lucky to have so many people looking after him. Thats a neat way to retire. Have hoardes of people bowing before you. Most old people I know end up living in nursing homes and even their children dont even come to visit them.

One question I wanted to ask is where is his bathroom and does he need help?

Posted Image

#13    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Mostly Harmless

• 11,356 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 11 August 2008 - 01:08 PM

Mainpoint on Aug 11 2008, 11:05 AM, said:

I would say he is damn lucky to have so many people looking after him. Thats a neat way to retire. Have hoardes of people bowing before you. Most old people I know end up living in nursing homes and even their children dont even come to visit them.

One question I wanted to ask is where is his bathroom and does he need help?

If you don't eat food you really don't need a bathroom.  Just piss in the pot.   I don't think it would be a nice way to retire.  I'll pass.

"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost; for none now live who remember it."  Galadriel

#14    Omnaka

Omnaka

Omnaka

• 7,064 posts

O.

Posted 11 August 2008 - 01:42 PM

dlv on Aug 11 2008, 05:53 AM, said:

That's too bad, It seems to be a problem w/ Holy men these days . If they would get off their mountain top and procreate , they could share the genetic , cellular memory with The world, instead of it dying with them.

Many of his saint like qualities could have Been Passed down.

Love Omnaka'

#15    Mainpoint

Mainpoint

Psychic Spy

• 1,534 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:53 PM

Darkwind on Aug 11 2008, 01:08 PM, said:

If you don't eat food you really don't need a bathroom.  Just piss in the pot.   I don't think it would be a nice way to retire.  I'll pass.

I missed the not eating part yeah I would still want to eat. Still with the pissing that would make quite a bit of stench. Someone will have to go up there to do some cleaning.

How many years did this guy not eat?

You sure this guy is not getting something mixed with his drinks or someone sneaking him some food once in a while?

Max an average person can survive without food is 40 days.

There are studies based on Drosophila flies from the 60s that should the flies that were starved actually lived longer. However in humans with much more complex genome thats not the case. Recent data suggest the humans that live the longest actually have normal to slightly higher than normal weights.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users