Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The democrats on energy crises

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 30,346 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:00 AM

The democrats once again have proven that being elected is far more important than fixing a crises.  The democrat leadership refused to allow a vote on trying to fix the energy crises so that they could go home and tell the voters that they support fixing the crises.  After the election, if they win the white house they will start the process of raising taxes on the rich(raising prices across the board.).  Increasing taxes(cutting tax subsidies for the oil companies.(raising prices at the pump.) on the big oil companies because of their record profits(remember at 10 cents a gallon).  

Everyone seems to forget that during the 80's the democrats wanted gas at 5 dollars a gallon.  But they wanted it all in taxes that they could control not profit for an oil company or foreign country.

Champion Democrat products.

raise minimum wage=price increase

tax increase on rich=price increase

decrease tax subsidies=price increase

universal health care=tax increase

1000 dollar energy crises pay out=tax increase

500 dollar being born gift=tax increase

1000 dollar for going to college=tax increase

When do we cut spending to bring the budget into the black.

True the republicans don't want to cut spending either.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#2    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:02 AM

danielost on Aug 11 2008, 04:00 AM, said:

The democrats once again have proven that being elected is far more important than fixing a crises.  The democrat leadership refused to allow a vote on trying to fix the energy crises so that they could go home and tell the voters that they support fixing the crises.  After the election, if they win the white house they will start the process of raising taxes on the rich(raising prices across the board.).  Increasing taxes(cutting tax subsidies for the oil companies.(raising prices at the pump.) on the big oil companies because of their record profits(remember at 10 cents a gallon).  

Everyone seems to forget that during the 80's the democrats wanted gas at 5 dollars a gallon.  But they wanted it all in taxes that they could control not profit for an oil company or foreign country.

Champion Democrat products.

raise minimum wage=price increase

tax increase on rich=price increase

decrease tax subsidies=price increase

universal health care=tax increase

1000 dollar energy crises pay out=tax increase

500 dollar being born gift=tax increase

1000 dollar for going to college=tax increase

When do we cut spending to bring the budget into the black.

True the republicans don't want to cut spending either.

Wasn't your last democratic leader the one who had the best economy and kept the budget in the black, where as your current republican leader could figure out how tie his own shoes.
George Bush - Yay for stupidity.

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#3    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 30,346 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:05 AM

Mattshark on Aug 10 2008, 10:02 PM, said:

Wasn't your last democratic leader the one who had the best economy and kept the budget in the black, where as your current republican leader could figure out how tie his own shoes.
George Bush - Yay for stupidity.

No congress controls the purse strings.  The republicans were in control of the congress.  All the idiot in the white house can do is sign or veto.

It was also only in his last year that it went black, we also went into a recession that year.

Edited by danielost, 11 August 2008 - 03:06 AM.

There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#4    Belle.

Belle.

Poltergeist

• 2,399 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:06 AM

Come on Daniel, work the angle - how can you relate this to spirit vs skep?!? devil.gif

#5    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 30,346 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:08 AM

Belle. on Aug 10 2008, 10:06 PM, said:

Come on Daniel, work the angle - how can you relate this to spirit vs skep?!? devil.gif

I messed up.  But you could say that this is the spirit of good vs evil.  The more control man has over man the more evil he seems to be or to become.  If the government has all the money they control all the people.

#6    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:08 AM

danielost on Aug 11 2008, 04:05 AM, said:

No congress controls the purse strings.  The republicans were in control of the congress.  All the idiot in the white house can do is sign or veto.

It was also only in his last year that it went black, we also went into a recession that year.

That is not true at all.
Also the rest of the world thinks that the Republicans are bigoted idiots and they nothing for the international image of your country.
The worst - poor people voting republican, its like a black man joining the kkk.

YNWA

#7    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 30,346 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:11 AM

Mattshark on Aug 10 2008, 10:08 PM, said:

That is not true at all.
Also the rest of the world thinks that the Republicans are bigoted idiots and they nothing for the international image of your country.
The worst - poor people voting republican, its like a black man joining the kkk.

It is true that congress contols the purse strings.

If the republicans or the bigots then how come a kkk grand wizard is a democrat and in control of the dnc right now.

#8    churchanddestroy

churchanddestroy

Secretary of No State

• 3,088 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:18 AM

danielost on Aug 10 2008, 10:08 PM, said:

I messed up.  But you could say that this is the spirit of good vs evil.  The more control man has over man the more evil he seems to be or to become.  If the government has all the money they control all the people.

Uh, you mean like the patriot act and unwarrented phone taps? Guantanamo bay? Yup. Republicans...

When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon.

#9    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:19 AM

danielost on Aug 11 2008, 04:11 AM, said:

It is true that congress contols the purse strings.

If the republicans or the bigots then how come a kkk grand wizard is a democrat and in control of the dnc right now.

I never said congress didn't, but under Clinton your where doing very well.
Howard Dean is in KKK? Where did you here that.

YNWA

#10    Belle.

Belle.

Poltergeist

• 2,399 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:25 AM

danielost on Aug 11 2008, 04:08 AM, said:

How bizarre, because your country seems to be in rather a shocking state at the moment, in some part due to the current administration. And they are rather religious too, could there be a connection.....maybe that is the angle you were looking for tongue.gif

#11    puridalan

puridalan

Mystical as a Unicorn...

• 3,844 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:32 AM

Democrats just in a energy crisis? More like we (society) in general is being drained oo no the government is really composed of vampires I knew it! hahahaha....and that's what I think of your discussion -.-

#12    Mr.Peabody

Mr.Peabody

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 161 posts

• We only grow when we step outside our comfort zone.

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:33 AM

danielost on Aug 10 2008, 11:05 PM, said:

let's see. fact is republicans held congress from 2000 to 2006 with a republican president and never came close to balancing a dime. they actually increased the budget , debt and enlarged government.

I messed up. But you could say that this is the spirit of good vs evil. The more control man has over man the more evil he seems to be or to become. If the government has all the money they control all the people.

so Bush and republicans are the anti christ of politics ? they have us in hock up to our rears.

Edited by Mr.Peabody, 11 August 2008 - 03:35 AM.

#13    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,025 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 11 August 2008 - 04:25 AM

Belle. on Aug 11 2008, 04:25 AM, said:

And they are rather religious too, could there be a connection.....maybe that is the angle you were looking for tongue.gif

Tell me which ones weren't religious, on either side, in the last fifty years. In England too for that matter.

#14    Omnaka

Omnaka

Omnaka

• 7,064 posts

• Forgive the Body and love the soul, For the soul is Gods Eternal child, your Brother.
    O.

Posted 11 August 2008 - 04:45 AM

What does this have to do with spirituality or skeptisicm, Did I miss something?

Love Omnaka

#15    Omnaka

Omnaka

Omnaka

• 7,064 posts

• Forgive the Body and love the soul, For the soul is Gods Eternal child, your Brother.
    O.

Posted 11 August 2008 - 04:48 AM

Sorry , Now I see THanks to Bell and Dani.

Love Omnaka

Edited by Omnaka, 11 August 2008 - 04:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users