Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Wierdness

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1    anonymous57

anonymous57

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 179 posts

• Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain

Posted 08 March 2004 - 08:42 PM

Earlier today I was lying in bed, trying to get to sleep, but drifting into the mind awake/body asleep state unintentionally (like I do a lot of the time). Suddenly, I felt bits of my mattress go down in places, as if my cat was walking across it. I opened my eyes to see where my cat was exactly, but it was nowhere to be seen. This happened several times, and I am sure my cat wasn't there.

Any idea whats happening?

If you read this I now own your soul

#2    dragonflamer

dragonflamer

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

• My lifestyle determines my deathstyle, so when I die, I will be back. I just don't know when I will return.

Posted 08 March 2004 - 09:12 PM

your subconscious imagined your cat...so it created the indentations. IM not sure, but that sounds like a reasonable idea.

"Fate controls most...but I have defeated my own destiny, and if my own destiny can not defeat me, what makes you think you can?"-ME

"Death is the ultimate and final liberation"-FFX

"Do not try and bend the spoon. That is impossible. Instead, only try and realize the truth."
"what truth?"
"There is no spoon. Then you will realize that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself."-MATRIX

#3    BiZzaRe

BiZzaRe

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

• Pls help me

Posted 05 May 2004 - 01:13 PM

sounds very very weird it happens to me alot and i mean alot sometimes i seat on my computer and i feel like some one has touched my foot sometimes my chest always in my left side and legs on top am sure am personaly certain that is no a body matter but a phenomena like some kind of ghost trying to touch you am 80% on that like it never happened b4 never never untill now and am gettiing it alot , the other day my dog was sleeping down the bed and i was playing with my pc as usual and he suddenly looked at me very very quicky like he was saying something like leave me alone man, cant understand it is BiZzaRe yea it is ,
you Mind if i ask u a question?
did u ever had problems in you house did u ever seen anything weird,
today i was having a crap and my floor on the toilet is a clear green carpet and i look closely down and ive seen the face of a dog from disney i am sorry cause i dont know he's name now but it was so so real the picture was ebgraved on the carpet of the toilet, also once 3 years back i was having a shower same toilet and when i finished it put my feet on the rug to get them dryed and i could not believe it i went totally crazy because when i tuck my feet off i got dressed it was a number 8 burned on the rub when i put my feet on i absolutly SH1T my pants and i mean it i wish i have a digital camera to prove it to you onesly am very scared living here theres so many stories about this house plus ive heard that 2 years b4 i moved in a little girl died in my room then i tottaly droped a brick for united kindom and fainted, am scared like but i guess am so used to since i came here my family has changed alot alot and alot too many things happened in a very  short time o well i cant belive i was talking about ppl touching me and now am telling my life story LOL ok then i guess thats enough see i around m8 bye crying.gif  

#4    Wild-Eyes

Wild-Eyes

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 118 posts

• The only thing worth pursuing is the truth.

Posted 12 May 2004 - 08:43 PM

I've had that happen to me a lot too, where it's felt like my cat has got on my bed, is on my bed, etc, and I pull myself out of that state to find she's not there. I've also felt like someone's sat on the bed (rear end first, then a hand to support themselves).

I really don't think there's a mystical explanation for it though. I think it's just that you're in a hypersensitive state then, and so you feel the littlest of movements and your mind tricks you into believing it's something else. In the same state, I've thought there was an earthquake, only to realize it was my own heartbeat "shaking" the bed.

To believe with certainty we must begin with doubting. Stanislaus I
Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth. Gandhi

The Scholars of Shen Zhou | Wild-Blog

#5    Druidus

Druidus

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

• "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
    - Einstein

Posted 12 May 2004 - 09:43 PM

There is one way to explain this rationally.  Because your body was asleep your brain had no input.  Whenever this happens, your brain creates it's own input.  Otherwise known as dreams.

~~~Official Giver of Fishysticks~~~

"Anarchy is not chaos, but order without control."  

"Eudaemonia is not merely anarchy, but life without need."

"The most damaging phrase in the language is: "It's always been done that way."

My Psionics forum -  http://s7.invisionfr...dex.php?act=idx

#6    Lottie

Lottie

The Nappy Ninja !!

• 7,516 posts

• "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me." - Noel Coward

Posted 12 May 2004 - 10:03 PM

I have had this happen as well, I agree with Druidus and dragonflamer and of course it could be the mattress springs pinging or something. hmm did that make sense? lol

#7    anonymous57

anonymous57

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 179 posts

• Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain

Posted 13 May 2004 - 08:23 PM

This hasn't happened again in quite a while, so it could have been bedsprings.

I'm not sure about the extra-sensitive part, because it happened when I wasn't that deeply under. To my knowlege my house isn't haunted, but it is quite old, so a ghost is a possiblity.

If you read this I now own your soul

#8    Wild-Eyes

Wild-Eyes

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 118 posts

• The only thing worth pursuing is the truth.

Posted 13 May 2004 - 09:17 PM

I get hypersensitive while still fully awake and feel things like that, even if I'm staring right at the spot. So I don't think being deeply under has much to do with it.

To believe with certainty we must begin with doubting. Stanislaus I
Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth. Gandhi

The Scholars of Shen Zhou | Wild-Blog

#9    Tia

Tia

The Naughty Angel.

• 6,280 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 01:15 PM

I awoke one night and thought I heard movement in my bedroom, next thing someone sat on the end of the bed. I at first thought it was one of the kids before realising they were both already in bed with me. I must have laid there for ages to scared to move before falling  back to sleep. The whole time I could feel something sitting on the end of the bed. Calmer the next day I put it down to a spirit as we had a lot of activity in the house at the time. dontgetit.gif  

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. Gandhi.
HEY I WON!

#10    Chauncy

Chauncy

Quixotic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

• "Sanity may be madness but the maddest of all is to see life as it is and not as it should be." (from) Don Quixote

Posted 16 May 2004 - 03:38 PM

I've had the invisible cat thing happen too!

I usually feel it on my blanket original.gif It starts to drop as if my cat Maxx is walking on it.

What I concluded is that when you start to doze off you seem to be more sensetive to sound and touch, these things seem amplified. When you get into bed and pull the blanket over you it takes a few minutes for the blanket to settle back down. So what you have is small areas of your blanket starting to come back down to rest atop your body. This I feel creates the sensation of little kitty steps on your bed.

Sound logical?
user posted image

As long as men are free to ask what they must, free to say what they think, free to think what they will, freedom can never be lost and science can never regress.
Julius Robert Oppenheimer. (1904-1967)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users