Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Where r u?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    Dowdy

Dowdy

Poltergeist

• 2,186 posts

• "The one thing we have learnt from history is that we learn nothing from history." Albert Einstein

Posted 07 May 2001 - 12:26 PM

is this web site based in England or the USA?
 :original.gif

THE PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR OF THE HMUAN MNID Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. Can you? ;)

#2    Jamie

Jamie

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 07 May 2001 - 11:02 PM

Im not really sure.  Take a look at what time it says I submitted this and maybe that will help you find out.  I am in Central Standard Time and it is approx. 3:00 my time.  If its in England there shouild be a six hour time difference (Im pretty sure).

Jamie

#3    Jamie

Jamie

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 07 May 2001 - 11:06 PM

Looks like the site is based in England.   wink2.gif

#4    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,642 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 08 May 2001 - 11:31 AM

Hi,

Sorry I took so long to respond to this post - I was away yesterday.

This web site is based in Scotland, a few miles from the legendary Loch Ness. We used to have a UK web site URL, but moved from it to the .com address a month or two ago. I altered the time settings on the forum last week to GMT as well, as they were previously set to CST by default ( not sure why ).

original.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users