Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Did McCain Plagiarize His Speech

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,159 posts

• Just try not to hurt anybody, ok?

Posted 18 August 2008 - 06:30 PM

Which Obama speech did he plagurize?

#17    Plainbob13

Plainbob13

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,700 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 06:47 PM

Neognosis on Aug 18 2008, 01:30 PM, said:

Which Obama speech did he plagurize?

His "Just Words" speech. Heres a link.

http://www.slate.com/id/2184070/

#18    Lt_Ripley

Lt_Ripley

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 20,036 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 07:23 PM

bathory on Aug 18 2008, 12:45 PM, said:

wait, so you guys are getting pissy because his speech (most likely not written by him) contains similar phrasing regarding statements of historical fact about Georgia?

funny , there was a 'pissy' posting when Obama used lines in his speeches from others ......... yet he never claimed those words were his or that he lived that  senario's . big difference.  McCain is claiming this was his life but it has never ever come up before. not even in his biographies and it's such a great story for one to leave out. because it's not his !!

Obama ' borrowing ' phrases in his speechs

on that note as well - a quote from a Republican speech writer on the subject about Obama..

But, taken as a whole, the evidence seemingly paints a different picture than Obama as a "serial-borrower." Indeed, as other Republican word-smiths note, candidates of all political stripes frequently and liberally take lines from each other.

"When I used to write for Republicans in the late 1990s and up through a few years ago, I wrote language books for them and they all used it," said Frank Luntz, the Republican political strategist and "framing" guru. "And it wasn't what we call plagiarism. It was written for them to use. It was written for them to stay on message... I'm sorry but Hillary Clinton does not deliver her own speeches. People write words for her. Unless you create your own language you have no right to criticize some else, especially if it comes from a friend or ally."

Edited by Lt_Ripley, 18 August 2008 - 07:24 PM.

#19    Dowdy

Dowdy

Poltergeist

• 2,186 posts

• "The one thing we have learnt from history is that we learn nothing from history." Albert Einstein

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:27 AM

McCain Plagiarize?! WOW

And i thought Obama was the king....

Just Words

Maybe 1984

Take a chance

Like i said, whoever gets in, America is screwed either way. None of them have any plans/change for the future, their just telling what you want to hear.

THE PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR OF THE HMUAN MNID Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. Can you? ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users