Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Dems and GOP are just marketers?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16    SoCrazes

SoCrazes

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:12 PM

Lt_Ripley on Aug 21 2008, 01:29 PM, said:

the only way we are going to break away from this system is to restrict funds ........... keep campaigns to facts alone and hold nothing but debates to be televised and let the average joe make a decision from there.

no more promises that are never kept. no more half truths or lies about your opponent . .... you get the drift.

it's sickening to see how much money is spent . One should just put the list out there of what they want to accomplish, their idea of how to go about doing that  and where they stand on issues and leave it at that .... one only needs to stump via in depth debates for a couple of weeks before the vote.  More than enough time . And that would allow a more even footing for other parties .

substance not crap.

Ditto Ripley!  Money only promotes money (greed).  This is one of the "biggies" that is destroying the middle class in the U.S.  There should be a cap on campaign funding as well as a good accounting of the spending.  No other entity should be aloud to "promote" candidates.  Now, how do we define "promote?"

"The unexamined life is not worth living." - Socrates

#17    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,278 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:00 AM

Sorry I didn't take the time to color my opinions as to why the candidates are so different. I pointed you to a relatively honest non-partisan site. Because usually the 'cons will attack just about anything. I'll give you a couple of recent tidbits. Obama for Net neutrality McCain is not. Obama is not for a draft (but national service) McCain just yesterday wants a draft. No I'll give you more. Obama embraces technology. McCain does not (Wife prints his emails for him! what a Luddite). The statistical life expectancy without medical problems for McCain is much less than Obama. McCain voted 100% with the worst and most unpopular president in modern times. Obama did not. Obama wants universal healthcare. McCain does not. McCain is prone to tempramental outbursts, Obama is not.

The two party system won't go away. As others have pointed out in other threads, we don't have a parlimentary system. Two partys is the only way it will really function at the federal level. Sorry to pour cold water but that's the way it is.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users